Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Random scraps of movie news/rumours/trivia!

Started by Glebe, March 08, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

More of what I can only describe as 'bits':

Jared Leto to Play Andy Warhol in Biopic.

Antoine Fuqua on That 'Scarface' Remake: "I Think It's More Relevant Than Ever Right Now".

Kevin Hart Instagramed this...

I have no interest in the Jumanji remake, but I just gotta say, Jack Black really looks the part. Maybe he'll bump into Kong again in that jungle - chuckle!

Gulftastic

Quote from: Glebe on September 21, 2016, 01:05:52 PM
More of what I can only describe as 'bits':

Kevin Hart Instagramed this...

I have no interest in the Jumanji remake, but I just gotta say, Jack Black really looks the part. Maybe he'll bump into Kong again in that jungle - chuckle!

Sod him. Karen Gillan.

Glebe

From a Rooney Mara interview...

QuoteThe actress got her first Academy Award nomination in 2011 for David Fincher's adaptation of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Would she still like to do a sequel to the film on which she worked for more than a year?

"Yes, I'm still open to it but I'm not holding out hope any more."

I have a Blu-ray steelbook of Fincher's Dragon Tattoo for ages, and I haven't actually watched it as yet.

Golden E. Pump

Glebe

John Carpenter Finally Comments on Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Quote"He lied about me. He said that I was very cold to him when he told me that he was going to make [Halloween]," said Carpenter. "Nothing could be further from the truth. I said, 'Make it your own movie, man. This is yours now. Don't worry about me.' I was incredibly supportive. Why that piece of shit lied, I don't know. He had no reason to. Why did he do it?"

"So, frankly, that will color my response to the film," he continued. "If I take that away, I did not... I thought that he took away the mystique of the story by explaining too much about [Michael Myers]. I don't care about that. He's supposed to be a force of nature. He's supposed to be almost supernatural. And he was too big. It wasn't normal."

Wow. Didn't like Zombie's remake, but I didn't know he (apparently) acted like such an ass with Carpenter.

Sam Neill talks Thor 3 and why Dr Alan Grant might be dead.

My brother once collected Sam Neill's bins. True story.

Glebe

Glebe

Alejandro G. Iñárritu and Emmanuel Lubezki Are Making a VR Movie about Immigration.

QuoteThe immersive virtual reality piece will explore the intense and excruciating experience of a group of immigrants and refugees crossing the border between Mexico and the United States.

Should be interesting.

'Wolf of Wall Street' Scribe to Write Antoine Fuqua's 'Scarface' Reimagining (EXCLUSIVE).

The Ideal guy, given the excessive nature of TWoWS.

Glebe

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on October 01, 2016, 09:22:10 PMReturn of the Jedi has yet to make a profit.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Wow, that's crazy! I can understand Prowse's annoyance, it's not like Lucasfilm were short of a few bob.

[FAKE EDIT]

Philip Glass Set to Score New Jane Goodall Documentary from 'Montage of Heck' Director.

Still haven't got round to watching Montage of Heck... Glass is a smashing composer, in any case.

olliebean

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on October 01, 2016, 09:22:10 PM
Return of the Jedi has yet to make a profit.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Not sure about "Only in Hollywood;" isn't this pretty much exactly the same scam that loads of corporations and richos use to avoid paying tax?

Glebe

Blumf

Ooo, if they can capture The Fifth Element vibe that'd be great.

Glebe

'Pryor': Lee Daniels' Biopic Back On with Jay-Z Producing & Possible Netflix Involvement.

QuoteMike Epps has long been attached in the role of Pryor and not no so long ago, Oprah Winfrey and Kate Hudson both signed on to co-star as his grandmother and wife, respectively.

Could be interesting... a Pryor biopic was inevitable at some point.

Glebe

Sam

Quote from: Glebe on September 26, 2016, 04:51:44 AM
My brother once collected Sam Neill's bins. True story.

You need a pretty big book for that.

Glebe

Quote from: Sam on October 09, 2016, 07:20:38 PMYou need a pretty big book for that.

Harper Collins just called, I'd better get writing!