Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Indy 5

Started by biggytitbo, March 15, 2016, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/indiana-jones-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford-reuniting-1201730532/

Just 11 years after the already geriatric Ford last played the role.

Seriously though, all the CGI budget is going to have to go on making the 78 year old lead actor look remotely credible in the role.

non capisco

greenman

One advantage of Fords age though could be that we actually get more of an Indy cold war spy thriller this time as we probably should have last time.

biggytitbo

At least Lucas won't be involved and they might get some decent writers in. I'm not sure even Spielberg can be excused for the excerable latter half of Crystal skull though.

I thought Ford was by far the best thing about Skull though, and maybe they could pee wee herman is elderely face a bit.

Presumably Shia won't be involved, as he'd insist on doing the whole thing with his nob out or something.

Replies From View

Johnny Textface

Star Wars, Blade Runner and now more Indy. Ford really picked THE roles back in the day didn't he? Anyway, hope Aliens aren't involved.

Hollow

No more indy films ffs.

Does that need spelling out louder than Crystal skull?

I don't care about seeing new stuff with Harrison Ford, that moment when Kylo Ren lightsabers Han, he looks like some old gent getting shanked for his pension.

Replies From View

Quote from: Hollow on March 15, 2016, 07:24:02 PM
No more indy films ffs.

That's a bit mean to those of us who've never seen an Indy film, though, and might not get another opportunity.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on March 15, 2016, 07:30:40 PM
That's a bit mean to those of us who've never seen an Indy film, though, and might not get another opportunity.

Just watch Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you effing great trumpet. It's brilliant.

I saw it at That Albert Hall for the umpteenth time on Saturday with an orchestra playing the score and it was even more brillianter.

Kane Jones

Seriously, even Thomas has seen it[nb]mainly because I tied him to a chair and forced him to watch it.[/nb].

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2016, 07:36:22 PM

I saw it at That Albert Hall for the umpteenth time on Saturday with an orchestra playing the score and it was even more brillianter.

Come on now mate, how can I possibly watch things that have already happened.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on March 15, 2016, 07:40:07 PM
Come on now mate, how can I possibly watch things that have already happened.

Well, it's been shown on TV at least once a year since 1984, so I can only ascertain from this that you've glanced at it on several occasions and seen Indy swinging across caverns with a bullwhip, being chased by huge boulders, fighting Nazis by aeroplanes, hanging off the back of trucks and doing other exciting things whilst looking about as cool as it is possible to look and thought "this isn't for me". In which case, you are an absolute turnip. A lovable turnip, but a turnip nonetheless.

biggytitbo

Bit risky waiting 3 years to make this isn't it? One harsh winter...

Steven

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 15, 2016, 07:54:01 PM
Bit risky waiting 3 years to make this isn't it? One harsh winter...

Kane Jones

They should have snipers on the roof of the studio in case Lucas tries to enter.

Steven

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2016, 07:58:41 PM
They should have snipers on the roof of the studio in case Lucas tries to enter.

From the looks of the pic above he sneaked in through the back way.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2016, 07:51:34 PM
Well, it's been shown on TV at least once a year since 1984, so I can only ascertain from this that you've glanced at it on several occasions and seen Indy swinging across caverns with a bullwhip, being chased by huge boulders, fighting Nazis by aeroplanes, hanging off the back of trucks and doing other exciting things whilst looking about as cool as it is possible to look and thought "this isn't for me". In which case, you are an absolute turnip. A lovable turnip, but a turnip nonetheless.

I presume replies is in some fashion trying to be amusing.

Kane Jones

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 15, 2016, 08:11:38 PM

I'm certain he is, the cheeky blighter.

Crabwalk

So is this going to be set in 1969 then? Is he going to be at Woodstock fighting Sha Na Na or something?

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2016, 07:51:34 PM
Well, it's been shown on TV at least once a year since 1984,

Go on then, what is "TV" when it's at home?

thraxx

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2016, 07:36:22 PM

I love Raiders of the Lost Ark, one of my favorite films, but re-watching it recently after I while, I noticed it is quite hokey.  The bit that bothered me even as a kid is when he swims after the submarine and somehow manages to get aboard and then hide on it.  Still can't get my head round that bit.

Kane Jones

Quote from: thraxx on March 15, 2016, 08:42:43 PM
I love Raiders of the Lost Ark, one of my favorite films, but re-watching it recently after I while, I noticed it is quite hokey.  The bit that bothered me even as a kid is when he swims after the submarine and somehow manages to get aboard and then hide on it.  Still can't get my head round that bit.

Archaeologills

Hollow

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 15, 2016, 08:11:38 PM

He is, i couldn't think of anything funny to say back.

Thomas

Indiana Jones and the Blackstar.

colacentral

They should set it in the late 70s and have indie go into space like Moonraker.

Bhazor

non capisco

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 15, 2016, 08:29:23 PM
So is this going to be set in 1969 then? Is he going to be at Woodstock fighting Sha Na Na or something?

Dip-deerdip-dip-bowwwww!

hewantstolurkatad

Didn't Ford get some kind of nuts money for the Force Awakens?

Harrison Ford is the clear winner of Disney's LucasArts buyout, probably getting the best part of $100 million to sleep his way through two roles at an age where most actors have to resort to shite like Bad Grandpa for a decent paycheck.

Shaky

popcorn

Raiders of the Lost Ark is really boring. Crystal Skull has the fridge scene which is fucking ace.

This is my single most controversial opinion, and the most controversial opinion of anyone anywhere on the internet, including those of racists.