Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SAUSAGE PARTY FUCK OFF SETH ROGEN

Started by alan nagsworth, March 15, 2016, 07:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

TRAILER

THIS LOOKS REALLY FUNNY I CARNT WAIT TO SEE IT

if seth rogen died do you think anyone would notice

no

fuck off and die

Steven

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 15, 2016, 07:46:48 PM
if seth rogen died do you think anyone would notice

Noodles would, he'd be living rent free at least until someone discovered his sun-bloated, fly-infested corpse, doubt Noods would raise the old alarm though if he could help it. Probably be James Franco who found the body, wouldn't it? Yeah. Kinda think that'd be what Rogan would have wanted.. to scar his best mate with a horrendous indelible image for life.

alan nagsworth

Famous Mortimer

Would've made a below average 5-minute episode of "TV Funhouse" on SNL. The "sausages and buns" joke seems to be about as much as the movie has.

up_the_hampipe

Look, it's about time someone used these expensive CGI animations to create something that isn't geared towards disgusting, stupid children who could be equally entertained by two sock puppets in front of a green screen. I welcome this adult CGI animation movement.

Mango Chimes

"Toy Story, but with food."
"Yes mate!"
"And with swearing!"
"YES MATE!"

Awful.

madhair60

non capisco

I guarantee there is not one person alive who has seen an advert with anthropomorphic animated food in and not said or thought "Why is it happy that it's going to be eaten?" It's a hack premise even for a seven year old. How are they going to do a whole film about that? This looks dire.

AHAHA THE FOOD SAID FUCK AND BUM!

madhair60

I kind of want to see this. It looks bad, but not boring.

Bad Ambassador

Bhazor

Funnily enough the other day I was lamenting the lack of adult centric animation studios in the west. How there's no equivalent of Studio Ghibli or Mad House making films that don't appeal to a PG audience. How you have these great studios like Pixar (at their peak) who have incredible technology and skills but always have to pull back from any real mature content. Like how Brave's first teaser trailer made it appear to be a mature dark fantasy epic only for the first proper trailer to prove it was a slightly upmarket Shrek.

Then this trailer happened.

Now I'm only lamenting that the West still has animation studios. Burn this shit down.

Oh and Salma Hayek is playing a taco.

greenman

Quote from: Steven on March 15, 2016, 07:50:27 PM
Noodles would, he'd be living rent free at least until someone discovered his sun-bloated, fly-infested corpse, doubt Noods would raise the old alarm though if he could help it. Probably be James Franco who found the body, wouldn't it? Yeah. Kinda think that'd be what Rogan would have wanted.. to scar his best mate with a horrendous indelible image for life.

"This is like that time I found Seth's corpse..." could become his catch phase when presenting awards ceremonies, its what Rogen would have wanted.

Howj Begg

So, I watched the trailer, and..... is it me, or is it basically making fun of the whole concept of animal suffering/mass killing of livestock? I mean, there's specifically meat characters in there, and some of the imagery is meant to evoke the holocaust, so.... I dont know. Seems like they haven't thought this through? Obviously I'm aware of what it's parodying - Toy Story etc., but this bothers me a lot. If they had been cleverer about his, and only had say, candy or chocolate bar characters or something, this issue could probably have been avoided. But in this context, the horrifying imagery goes past bad taste/parody to evoke actual unintended horror.

Anyone else think this?

Mister Six

Nope, you're nuts.

Trailer does look shit though. Aside from the crap Saving Private Ryan pastiches[nb]Nothing lazier than a crap pastiche.[/nb] and the visual gag with the potatoes' eyes (and the hotdog buns' mouths looking like vaginas?[nb]No?[/nb]) the one joke is cute cartoon characters swearing.

So lazy, so shit. And I like Rogan as a performer.

BritishHobo

Aye, there's definitely meant to be a fanny thing going on with the buns, especially given the title.

Zetetic

Quote from: Howj Begg on March 17, 2016, 07:04:35 AM
Anyone else think this?
Yep. I think you run into this a bit regardless when your premise approximates "Wouldn't it be funny if food involved suffering?"

checkoutgirl

QuoteSeth Rogen
Kristen Wiig
Jonah Hill
Michael Cera
James Franco
Danny McBride
Craig Robinson
Bill Hader
Paul Rudd

That mob. Only Jay Baruchel is missing. Must have been busy making absolutely no contribution somewhere else.

Also bad language in an animated film about talking hotdogs seems like an odd choice.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: madhair60 on March 16, 2016, 12:08:36 AM
I like Seth Rogen

Has he recently loaned you a load of money or something?

Brundle-Fly

It's essentially Bee Movie (2007) for cunts.

There is a sentence I never thought I would type nine years later.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 17, 2016, 04:52:42 PM
That mob. Only Jay Baruchel is missing. Must have been busy making absolutely no contribution somewhere else.

Also bad language in an animated film about talking hotdogs seems like an odd choice.

Kirsten Wiig is not that mob you silly person

up_the_hampipe

I like Kristen Wiig and all but does she have to be in every single comedy?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

One of my students looks like Kristen Wiig. That film looks like a load of shit. Seth Rogen looks like a human being version of Hair Bear from the Hanna-Barbara cartoon series 'The Hair Bear Bunch", and isn't remotely funny. Looks like this will be my only contribution to this thread.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 17, 2016, 11:07:48 PM
I like Kristen Wiig and all but does she have to be in every single comedy?

Yes

Small Man Big Horse

I liked Rogen in Observe and Report, but looking at his cv on imdb that's the only thing, and he's ruined many an otherwise okay film. So I think, yes, he should stop doing what he's doing right now and take a long hard look at himself.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 20, 2016, 09:27:37 PM
I liked Rogen in Observe and Report, but looking at his cv on imdb that's the only thing, and he's ruined many an otherwise okay film. So I think, yes, he should stop doing what he's doing right now and take a long hard look at himself.

What about Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Funny People, 50/50, Pineapple Express, The League or Freaks & Geeks? I either liked or didn't mind him in all of those things.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 20, 2016, 09:36:54 PM
What about Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Funny People, 50/50, Pineapple Express, The League or Freaks & Geeks? I either liked or didn't mind him in all of those things.

I minded him in them all, especially in Freaks and Geeks which I otherwise loved. Don't know why, he just rubs me up the wrong way.