Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SAUSAGE PARTY FUCK OFF SETH ROGEN

Started by alan nagsworth, March 15, 2016, 07:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

I feel like he gets unfairly lumped in with the really lazy comedy nuisances like Adam Sandler when he contributes at least a bit more than that.

I wouldn't lump Rogen in with Sandler. He's still a really bad actor though.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 20, 2016, 09:57:23 PM
I minded him in them all, especially in Freaks and Geeks which I otherwise loved. Don't know why, he just rubs me up the wrong way.

I really liked him in Freaks and Geeks because his awkwardly sarcastic presence means it's a lot more satisfying when
Spoiler alert
he actually shows some emotion and some warmth with the tuba-player and her condition.
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 20, 2016, 10:04:06 PM
I feel like he gets unfairly lumped in with the really lazy comedy nuisances like Adam Sandler when he contributes at least a bit more than that.

Oh god no, he's better than Sandler (bar Punch Drunk Love). But all the weed smoking nonsense is often horribly lazy and predictable, and I'm someone who indulges in the stuff.

Icehaven

Quote from: non capisco on March 16, 2016, 12:10:52 AM
I guarantee there is not one person alive who has seen an advert with anthropomorphic animated food in and not said or thought "Why is it happy that it's going to be eaten?"

The M and Ms in the M and Ms advert where the woman demands a snack so the man tries to get them in a bowl aren't happy. They throw missiles and backchat at him in a depserate attempt to save themselves, which adds a very dark dimension to the whole thing.
Anyway on topic how the fuck do all those people have the time to make all these shit comedies? I mean I know they probably haven't exactly taken their time over them but seriously, there seems to be a new one every 5 minutes, involving all the same people. Have they been cloned? Or do they just spend 12 hours a day all year filming banks of generic scenes then select a few and edit them into a film every couple of weeks?

An tSaoi

The Paddy spud can be redeemed only if the bags of rice speakee Engrish and the wattymelon talks like Uncle Remus, massa. As long as ethnic stereotypes are applied evenly it's all good.

Edit: apparently there's some conflict between the Hebe and Muzzie foods in the kosher/halal aisle.