Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:58:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bajillion Dollar Properties / Seeso.com in general

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 17, 2016, 01:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

So Seeso.com's a new streaming comedy channel financed by NBC, and tonight it launches Bajillion Dollar Properties, a reality tv spoof which stars Paul F. Tompkins, along with Adam Scott, Jason Mantzoukas, Cameron Esposito, Nick Kroll, Patton Oswalt, Gillian Jacobs, and Scott Aukerman. The pilot can be watched here in full and I really liked it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEQBJzAiiA4&feature=youtu.be

Also on the channel is The UCB Show (saw the first episode, thought it was alright), and Dan Harmon's got a new show coming up too. So, er, could be interesting, as I like a lot of NBC comedies, despite their normally poor viewing figures, and hopefully this will finance some new and interesting stuff.

Famous Mortimer

How do these people sleep with all their projects (PFT especially)? They're like Richard Herring, only worse.

I thought the UCB Show was alright (I might have even started a thread about it) and it's nice to see the sort of stuff we'd see if we went to their theatre. As long as it's not more of Paul Scheer's accurate but sort-of-dull parodies of shite like TRL and The Bachelor.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 17, 2016, 01:21:31 PM
How do these people sleep with all their projects (PFT especially)? They're like Richard Herring, only worse.

I don't know but I think it's pretty impressive, at least compared to Herring who's material is often fairly weak.

I thought the UCB Show was alright (I might have even started a thread about it) and it's nice to see the sort of stuff we'd see if we went to their theatre. As long as it's not more of Paul Scheer's accurate but sort-of-dull parodies of shite like TRL and The Bachelor.
[/quote]

Ah, I didn't really get on with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but thought Burning Love was an enormous amount of fun.

brat-sampson

QuoteSeeso is streaming in the UNITED STATES ONLY.

Well, that's that then.

Small Man Big Horse

A lot of Seeso stuff has turned up on myspleen recently but what I've sampled so far (bar the ones mentioned above) hasn't impressed. Many shows are labelled as being a Seeso Original a lot of the time despite obviously not being (Channel Four's Flowers, for instance) whilst there's an animated series called Gentlemen Lobsters which was first commissioned by GQ.com of all places. Plus there's Fancy Boy, an Australian sketch show, which made me fairly angry as it's painfully unfunny. Hopefully the rest of the stuff I've obtained will be better, I can't imagine it being much worse to be honest.

Small Man Big Horse

SeeSo dead now: http://www.avclub.com/article/seeso-shutting-down-259248

QuoteOn the heels of the news that there are now some 530 scripted shows in production this year, NBCUniversal's announced it will shutter its comedy-laden streaming platform Seeso, leaving all those series with one less outlet to pitch. Launched in 2016, Seeso was a repository for comedies old and new, from classic Saturday Night Live episodes to the McElroys winsome new series My Brother, My Brother And Me. Thankfully, that podcast-spun comedy will live on at VRV—which we've recently learned is a thing—along with HarmonQuest, Hidden America With Jonah Ray, and Cyanide And Happiness.

Seeso shared the following farewell statement on its Facebook page today: "Dear Seeso-ers, We're writing to let you know that later this year, Seeso will be shutting its comedy doors. Though we will be departing, much of our comedy will live on - and some of your favorite Seeso Originals have already found a new home. You can now find HarmonQuest, My Brother, My Brother and Me, Hidden America with Jonah Ray and The Cyanide and Happiness Show on VRV: https://www.vrv.co/watchnow - We'll let you know as soon as we have further information, including where to find the exciting project "There's...Johnny!" and other Seeso Originals in the future (in the meantime, please note that There's...Johnny! will no longer premiere this month as previously announced. We love this show and can't wait for everyone to see it). If you have questions, please visit https://www.seeso.com/faq Stay tuned for more information!"

Noting the second chances given to its original series, and offering to update the post with more info as it becomes available, like say, what's going to happen to Take My Wife and Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. The writing had been on the wall since at least June, when Seeso announced a round of layoffs, as well as plans to reconsider its business strategy.

I quite liked "Take My Wife" but that was the only show I stuck with even though some of the others weren't bad, and I can't say I'm saddened by the news.

Bad Ambassador

That's two streaming platforms in a row that Dan Harmon has crashed.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Speaking of which, does anybody have the season 2 premiere of Bajillion Dollar Propertie$? It wasn't made "available" like the other episodes, as it was free for a while on YouTube, but I wasn't able to see it before it was removed.

Small Man Big Horse

It's on myspleen if you do the torrenting thing, but if not I've got it and can upload it to a filelocker if you'd like.

The Roofdog

Did you give up on Bajillion then SMBH? Haven't seen any of it but keep meaning to check it out.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: The Roofdog on August 11, 2017, 09:55:11 AM
Did you give up on Bajillion then SMBH? Haven't seen any of it but keep meaning to check it out.

Kind of, I've watched three episodes and whilst it sometimes made me laugh at other points I felt a bit irritated by it. That said I've still got them on my hard drive and do plan to give it another shot at some point as I like a lot of the cast.

Sin Agog

Is the title 'Bajillion Dollar Properties' a play of words on 'Million Dollar Extreme', or completely unrelated?  MDE left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm even wary of programs that sound like it.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sin Agog on August 11, 2017, 09:20:22 PM
Is the title 'Bajillion Dollar Properties' a play of words on 'Million Dollar Extreme', or completely unrelated?  MDE left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm even wary of programs that sound like it.

I'm pretty sure it's unrelated, and it's just a spin on various property shows out there.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The prime source for the title seems to be the Million Dollar Listing franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Listing_Los_Angeles

One of the stars of this show actually had a cameo as himself in the season 2 finale (the Diamond Dealmakers night).

So, you weren't that off the mark with "Million Dollar Extreme".

The Roofdog

According to Kulap on twitter they've already shot the whole of Bajillion S4 and now it's got nowhere to go out unless another network picks it up. The rate they churned out episodes of this put me off watching it to be honest, same with the later series of the CBB TV series. The first episode aired less than 18 months ago ffs.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: The Roofdog on August 18, 2017, 05:14:28 PM
According to Kulap on twitter they've already shot the whole of Bajillion S4 and now it's got nowhere to go out unless another network picks it up. The rate they churned out episodes of this put me off watching it to be honest, same with the later series of the CBB TV series. The first episode aired less than 18 months ago ffs.

I know what you mean, when CBB went to forty episode seasons it did get all a bit much, even if there was a break in the middle.

I've now watched the fourth episode of this and enjoyed it a fair bit, it was less predictable and more sillier than the previous three, which can only be a good thing.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm near the end of season two now and really enjoying this a lot. The first season was a bit patchy, and stuck to the reality tv format a little too closely, but this second year has been a big improvement now that it's not always about house sales. Plus they're using Paul F. Tompkins more often (with episode 8's Predator Party being the highlight so far) and Glenn Mk 2 is a much more enjoyable character.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Season 4 is already shot, it's just it's still without a home.

Anyway, the show must be very cheap to produce, as they can use real properties currently on the market to shoot their segments, maybe for free. Party Down was a "bargain" in the same way. As they always picked conference halls or other places used to host events, they didn't have to build sets, and the crew had more than enough room to stock their equipment during shooting.

Season 3 has one of my favorite segments, due to its complete absurdity, "No Whale", featuring Brett McKenzie.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Season 4 will finally see the light of day on July 15 on Pluto TV, a streaming platform bought by Paramount.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/pluto-tv-will-host-bajillion-dollar-properties-season-4.html

And the cast, even if they now work on other projects are still doing shows quite regularly as an improv group, the Bajillionaires.