Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:01:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: kidney on July 29, 2019, 06:08:55 PM
new Mince

lovely little McClaren bit to kick things off

Yes, it's a cracker.

Usually appears 3 days later for non-Parsnips.

Pseudopath

Nigel the Nonsense Potter has quickly become my favourite ever Mince character. "Are you in the keeping of a fucking evil goose?!"

phantom_power

Is you mind out of sequence?

dunelm

Quote from: phantom_power on July 30, 2019, 08:14:20 AM
Is you mind out of sequence?

Buckled hard at that. Strong episode.

phantom_power

It was a corker. Bob has a really strong set of bits at the moment, with his crime files, homes under the hammer man, Steve McClaren and Sean Dyche song. I didn't even miss gangs of the EPL or British Manager's Club

Steve McLaren's unbelievably camp and fey voice just makes me giggle constantly during his segments, it seems to have gotten much more wimpy in the last few episodes.

Great episode. Beardsley's wife was on top form.

non capisco

Really funny ep from start to finish. Beardsley's wife describing Eggs Benedict as 'too fuck-en elaborate' made me roar. And, yes, 'Is your mind out of sequence?'

What a joy these are. I love that they've been going so long but there's still so much fresh material.

Crime Files is brilliant and Nonsense Potter's constant state of simmering fury makes me smile as soon as I hear it.

Captain Z

What is the sound effect Bob keeps playing during Crime Files supposed to be? A motorbike? I just don't 'get' that bit yet, but agree that Nonsense Potter is a great character.

Yeah I think it's a motorbike sound effect but is meant to be an "alarming transition" sting whenever time passes.

I know you what you mean, I didn't love the first Crime File but it might be my fave bit now.

DrGreggles

Isn't it meant to represent that 'eerie' sound affect that all the true crime podcasts use?

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 02, 2019, 01:14:39 PM
Isn't it meant to represent that 'eerie' sound affect that all the true crime podcasts use?

Yeah, that and as a sort of "audio buffer" that those shows to try and build tension. Summat like that I think.

non capisco

I liked the fact that they were using what sounded like tropical forest ambient background noise for a car dealership in Cheshire.

bgmnts

I know everyone has mentioned how brilliant Mr Nonsense Potter is but fuck me I can listen to that hundreds of times and still get chesty coughs, almost like early McClaren.

"I've read him books about bullying! We go to CHURCH for CHRIST'S SAKE. HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING TO LOVELY US!?"

I'm pretty sure Bob killed the Nonsense Potter on his first appearance. It was when Maguire and Vardy moved to the countryside and disturbed the peace. Thank god the death wasn't serious.

DrGreggles

It's a different nonsense potter each time.
Every town has one!

PlanktonSideburns

Missed first episode, so had no idea what that insane industrial noise they blasted at random over the crime files bit was. The sheer nonlinearity of it had me howling

Stoneage Dinosaurs

^ I think it's meant to be a kind of suspenseful atonal sting.

shiftwork2

It really works, and why it does is up to Bob.  It's very funny.

dunelm

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 03, 2019, 09:57:50 PM
It really works, and why it does is up to Bob.  It's very funny.

It's classic Bob, written down 'Motorcycle Noise' or whatever the fuck it is it doesn't look like anything at all. But it's repeated use is very funny.

Twed

Quote from: dunelm on August 05, 2019, 12:01:49 PM
It's classic Bob, written down 'Motorcycle Noise' or whatever the fuck it is it doesn't look like anything at all. But it's repeated use is very funny.
Exactly.

SteveDave

I lost it in a Post Office queue at "MY BROTHER SELLS SWORDS!"

dunelm

Quote from: SteveDave on August 05, 2019, 02:54:15 PM

Nobody does the unexpected non sequitur better than Bob. Though they sort of make sense, in Bob's world.

DrGreggles

Quote from: SteveDave on August 05, 2019, 02:54:15 PM

Absolutely perfect line.

Old Thrashbarg

The Sean Dyche motivational speeches are my new favourite bit. I think I'd probably laugh if they just played the music for two minutes every episode, it's glorious. But then add:

Mud,
Graft,
Assault,
Lard,
And that's the Burnley way 

on top and I'm gone.

phantom_power

Endeavour without pleasure
Graft without guile

bgmnts

Pampering.

Thick cunt.