Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

Come on Bob and Andy! Give my personal pipe a reason to stiffen!

bgmnts

Got into this a week back, blasted through it. Mortimer had my eyes really stinging at some points, must admit. The Steve McClaren stories and Gangs of the EPL.... Jesus.

dr beat

I think the current lack of Mince is because Bob is busy making the fishing show with Paul Whitehouse.

Edit: what Old Nehamkin said

bgmnts

"After a night with me, they looked like roadkill

I. Fucking. Died.

Repeater

So I listened to the first episode of this, finally. They put in a wee disclaimer at the start saying they basically don't get on course until episode 8, in an almost apologetic tone. That in mind, I really enjoyed it. Even without that statement, I'd still have been hooked. I look forward to catching up with this, even Andy isn't bad, Bob's a delight.

imitationleather

I'd like someone to cut together all the Gangs of EPL bits. I know someone animated the first couple, but I just wanna listen to them all in a row. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on November 27, 2017, 01:10:18 PM
I'd like someone to cut together all the Gangs of EPL bits. I know someone animated the first couple, but I just wanna listen to them all in a row. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?

They're all on YouTube, about 2hrs in total. All cut together nice and easy

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 27, 2017, 01:16:00 PM
They're all on YouTube, about 2hrs in total. All cut together nice and easy

MY GOD I WANT TO KISS YOU

magval

Quote from: Repeater on November 27, 2017, 01:08:19 PM
So I listened to the first episode of this, finally. They put in a wee disclaimer at the start saying they basically don't get on course until episode 8, in an almost apologetic tone. That in mind, I really enjoyed it. Even without that statement, I'd still have been hooked. I look forward to catching up with this, even Andy isn't bad, Bob's a delight.

That's very interesting, that wasn't there when I downloaded it earlier this year. Must have been tagged on recently.

DrGreggles

I think they anticipated there being more football content when they started.

trabuch

bob mortimer ‏Verified account @RealBobMortimer
6 minutes ago

New Athletico Mince this Friday.. Gangs of EPL, South Africa tale, Barry Homeowner, Alderman incident etcs

The Roofdog

No I coulda nicked it but I didn't? Unsubscribe.

Ferris

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 28, 2017, 05:07:38 PM
No I coulda nicked it but I didn't? Unsubscribe.

Hopefully there's a really long section on Vince Parsnips, the comedy character we all know and love. That or a Corbyn story - always hilarious!

DrGreggles

I know you're being sarcastic, but I have no problem with either of those things.

Blinder Data

bgmnts

I wonder if etc is just throwaway there. I'd be happy with just those four.

Fucking gangbangers! You gotta love em!!

magval

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on November 29, 2017, 01:49:32 PM
Fucking gangbangers! You gotta love em!!

That one where he does the dying Asian man saying it like "faaking gagbagers...you gotta... ruv em" nearly killed me. The hardest I have ever laughed in public.

Quote from: magval on November 29, 2017, 03:45:07 PM
That one where he does the dying Asian man saying it like "faaking gagbagers...you gotta... ruv em" nearly killed me. The hardest I have ever laughed in public.

Haha that's a good one! Yeah this is the podcast that's probably made me seem most mental in public, as I'm often caught trembling and snorting with barely contained joy.

The bit that really really got me was when a Scottish manager (forget the name) was chatting to Piers Morgan on a train. Genuine aches and I nearly fell down from laughter.

"Do you think girls are THICK?"
"Ach I don't really know. These days it's hard to know if they're foreign or just difficult."
"What's your FAVOURITE APE? I like Caesar cos he's OUTSPOKEN."

Not word perfect but Jesus I'm getting giddy just remembering it.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: magval on November 29, 2017, 03:45:07 PM

"RIGHT - CUT THAT BUCKET UP INTO STRIPS AND START MOVING IT INTO YOUR ANUS"

What episode is that story in? I want to hear it again. I was a gibbering wreck first time around.

bgmnts

TI'd have to agree. Its hard to breathe listening to any of Mortimer's segments; especially McClaren and Gags of the EPL.

hermitical

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 29, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
"RIGHT - CUT THAT BUCKET UP INTO STRIPS AND START MOVING IT INTO YOUR ANUS"

What episode is that story in? I want to hear it again. I was a gibbering wreck first time around.

49?

dr beat

Sam Allardyce.  Overdue an AM mention.

easytarget

Ferris

Quote from: dr beat on November 30, 2017, 11:17:53 PM
Sam Allardyce.  Overdue an AM mention.

Was he not having a poorly-concealed affair with The Fat Lass in an early episode of Steve and Casper?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: easytarget on November 30, 2017, 11:37:19 PM
Leavaroonie by Barry Colin Homeowner is amazing
https://twitter.com/realbobmortimer/status/902114186691579904?lang=en

A genuinely poignant piece of social satire. If Jarvis Cocker had written that, it would be considered a pop classic.

Bob Mortimer is a comic genius, I say that without a hint of hyperbole.

Blue Jam

I love the fact that the former Mrs Homeowner's new bloke Steve looks like DJ Spoony. A lesser writer would have rhymed "leaveroonie" with "looks just like George Clooney". "DJ Spoony" is much funnier. Bob knows better.

Blue Jam

Spoiler: I love the way Bob drops in an unexpected "cunt".