Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I like some of Andy's recurring segments, but I don't get the Harry's razors one at all, is there some joke I'm missing?

thugler

Finally subbed, it's just so good at the moment and 2 quid is fuck all.

Yeah a sub is well worth the couple of quid. Parsnips is solid gold and it's great having the entire Mince back-catalogue ad-free.

magval

A lot of the older episodes are very low-rez (low fidelity?) on Spotify - isthe Parsnips back catalogue in better quality?

dunelm

Parsnips is a par-snip at 2 quid a month. Latest ep Martin 'homes under the hammer' a gem. And thankfully Andy didn't do any scripted bits, nothing to fast forward!

Cuellar

Alright you've all convinced me

Shit Good Nose

Wait, so is Parsnips all original material?

I was under the impression that it was just the best bits from Mince and the ability to listen to them all without ads (although whenever I download it from Podbean there's no ads anyway)...

SteveDave

Do you get all the old Parsnips episodes if you subscribe?

dunelm

They alternate between completely original eps and compilations from previous mince, eg Beardsley compilation. The comps are interesting as you see Bob develop characters / themes /  catch phrases  etc.

You get all previous eps of mince and parsnips, ad free.

Also a good idea to contribute for all the free previous eps and make it more likely Bob makes more. At their best this is some of the very best stuff Bob has done. Given he's the funniest man alive it's quite something they were free.

Twed

I think Parsnips will be available to all soon enough but that it's also worth paying. Will explain why later.

I've finished listening to every episode, in-between other podcasts in every gap it fits in my life (daily bath and commutes, mainly) and now it's over I felt such a void that I've just queued up episodes 1-5 again. Will probably listen to them all over again. Hearing everything's develop is magical.

sponk

Yeah I've been listening to it from the start again. It's so warm and joyous, even when it's not funny. No podcast has ever come remotely close for me.

Is it me, or is patreon utter unusable on a phone's browser? Subscribed to Gittins and it's impossible to find any old content as the page constantly loads and jumps about as you scroll.

Is it the app or nothing?

DrGreggles

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on August 22, 2019, 08:45:42 AM
Is it me, or is patreon utter unusable on a phone's browser? Subscribed to Gittins and it's impossible to find any old content as the page constantly loads and jumps about as you scroll.

Is it the app or nothing?

I use the rss feed and download the audio files that way.
Not sure where it is on the app, but if the go to the Gittins page on the browser, select 'overview' and you should see your own rss feed link on the right-hand side.

Cuellar

Is there a better way to listen to them on a computer? Patreon's website is rubbish, having to scroll for ages to find the thing you want. I used Spotify for Mince, but I don't think it handles RSS feeds for Parsnips.

DrGreggles

I use gPodder for all my Patreon feeds: https://gpodder.github.io

thugler

They email you the rss link when you sub. Just pop it in any podcast app. I use downcast

Twed

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 22, 2019, 10:50:59 AM
I use gPodder for all my Patreon feeds: https://gpodder.github.io
Would use this if it satisfied my needs.

I use PocketCasts. I think you need to pay a fiver for it. Its interface is simple but you still need to learn its idiosyncrasies. I use it because it's the only client I found that did all of these things correctly:

• Synced across devices (position within podcast, "up next" playlist, played items etc.)
  • Android Auto interface
  • Can sync to custom RSS feeds
  • Web interface

DrGreggles

Bank holiday Monday Mince!

Another great episode. The Talksport bit is particularly fantastic.

The Vampire and The Potter. I laughed just reading the title. Surely Shelvey is involved.

phantom_power

Angry Potter just doesn't seem like enough of a skeleton to hang a character on but Bob manages it somehow

dunelm

The last 3 eps where Bob's 'literature' intro is an Andy piss take have started to feel overly formulaic. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Andy having the piss taken.

DrGreggles

Quote from: dunelm on August 26, 2019, 04:47:36 PM
The last 3 eps where Bob's 'literature' intro is an Andy piss take have started to feel overly formulaic. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Andy having the piss taken.

I like them.
Particularly the "Oh Andy Dawson/Aren't you glad he's not your son" rhyme.

kidney

That Jordan Henderson song at the end completely slayed me. Consider me slayed.

That was easily the best Crime Files so far. What a great episode.

SteveDave

I lost it at "NO! NOT THAT FUCKING SHAPE!" and "YOU MIDNIGHT NUISANCE!"

DrGreggles

Quote from: SteveDave on August 29, 2019, 12:37:49 PM
"YOU MIDNIGHT NUISANCE!"

My new favourite insult.
No idea why or how it's so funny, but it is.

sponk

The Barry Homeowner song from about 50 episodes ago is one of the best things in the show. Genuinely heart breaking and difficult to get through towards the end but I listen to it regularly

The Culture Bunker

The Gangs of the EPL World Cup stuff really did have me on the floor wheezing. The line when Harry Maguire (I think) has been caught lobbing stuff at Kane and is threatened with being sent home, so Vardy has to rep for him.

"You can't send him back to the farm, all he knows about is drainage, crops and pies. It'll be like Of Mice and fuckin' Men".

What episode was that?

non capisco

The Crime Files in the latest one did me in completely, accentuated by Andy practically hyperventilating with laughter in the background. Love the fact that Bob corpsed even introducing Neil Hunt the Nonsense Potter into proceedings this week. Jordan Henderson song and Talksport bit (with ads!) also both a total joy.

POSSIBLY CONTROVERSIAL OPINION :- Sean Dyche intercepted WAV files have perhaps run their course now.

sponk

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on August 29, 2019, 10:15:54 PM
The Gangs of the EPL World Cup stuff really did have me on the floor wheezing. The line when Harry Maguire (I think) has been caught lobbing stuff at Kane and is threatened with being sent home, so Vardy has to rep for him.

"You can't send him back to the farm, all he knows about is drainage, crops and pies. It'll be like Of Mice and fuckin' Men".

What episode was that?

Not sure if it's what you want but I'm just listening to ep 43 and OMAM is mentioned in the EPL sketch, about 28 minutes in