Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: sponk on August 29, 2019, 11:38:35 PM
Not sure if it's what you want but I'm just listening to ep 43 and OMAM is mentioned in the EPL sketch, about 28 minutes in
Nah, it was during the World Cup last Summer. Harry Kane, Debbie Ali, Eric Dier and Jordan Henderson up against Jamie Vardy, Raheed Sterling, Harry Maguire and others... I'll find it sometime.

edit: 'twas episode 61, with reference to there being no wifi in the England training camp, to discourage Maguire and Jordan Pickford from spending all their time looking at "farming equipment".

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: non capisco on August 29, 2019, 10:23:39 PM
POSSIBLY CONTROVERSIAL OPINION :- Sean Dyche intercepted WAV files have perhaps run their course now.

This one was certainly the weakest yet.

DrGreggles

phantom_power

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on August 29, 2019, 11:42:37 PM
This one was certainly the weakest yet.

While this is true, just music is enough to have me giggling so I hope it sticks around a bit longer. Does anyone know where it is from?

Quote from: non capisco on August 29, 2019, 10:23:39 PM
POSSIBLY CONTROVERSIAL OPINION :- Sean Dyche intercepted WAV files have perhaps run their course now.

I agree. He fucking nailed it first time. Since then he's missed every note. It's a shame, I love the tune.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: phantom_power on August 30, 2019, 06:46:24 AM
While this is true, just music is enough to have me giggling so I hope it sticks around a bit longer. Does anyone know where it is from?

I think it's just royalty free stock music, same with all the tunes on the show. Haven't managed to track any of it down, I think someone found a link to the Peter Beardsley music once but I can't remember where it is.

(edit: dog dirt)

Quote from: phantom_power on August 30, 2019, 06:46:24 AM
He named the website once. I think it was on the Adam Buxton podcast.

bgmnts

The last episode was a bit rubbish.

I am worried about when this all ends as comedy is really really shit now and not much makes me laugh anymore, Mince is absolute gold, i don't know what will fill that void.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on August 31, 2019, 03:06:50 AM
The last episode was a bit rubbish.

I am worried about when this all ends as comedy is really really shit now and not much makes me laugh anymore, Mince is absolute gold, i don't know what will fill that void.

Nathan For You, Jon Glaser Loves Gear, and Delocated.

Though once you get through those, you're fucked.

sutin

Have any other Club Parsnips subscribers had difficulties downloading the mp3s of the bonus material from Patreon? I managed to grab the first couple but the downloads always fail now...

the

Quote from: phantom_power on August 30, 2019, 06:46:24 AMWhile this is true, just music is enough to have me giggling so I hope it sticks around a bit longer. Does anyone know where it is from?

I don't know what it is, but in case you hadn't worked it out it's a soundboard, meaning the intermittent sounds are being triggered live (which is why he frequently fucks it up). That's also why it's played in on his phone speaker rather than played in properly.

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on August 31, 2019, 03:02:00 AMHe named the website once. I think it was on the Adam Buxton podcast.

All he said is "I go on a library to find a song, I think it's called 'The Melody'", not sure if he's recalled that correctly though. The conversation is 42:40 on Episode 97 of the Adam Buxton podcast.

alan nagsworth

I believe the Sean Dyche WAVs song is created using an app called Beat Maker, as he has mentioned it by name in the podcast once, slightly off-mic.

DrGreggles

The early McClaren compilation on Parsnips seems weird when compared to recent Mince.
Still bloody funny though.

Shit Good Nose

Jesus christ, well I thought that was a barn storming episode - lots of corpsing from Andy (he lost it during Crime Files didn't he!), the ever increasing build of the Talk Sport segment, the Nonsense Potter's in character cough, nice little appearance from Jeremy, I always enjoy Dom Littlewood, and capping it off wonderfully with an excellent Jordan Henderson song featuring cameo from Mrs Beardsley.

bgmnts

Just re-listened, not a good episode at all for me. Kind of boring.

DrGreggles

Cheesewogg

"This can't be happening to lovely me!" might be the greatest sentence composed so far, so little saying so much - and highly apposite to a great many banes of my personal and working life - in the 21st century.

alan nagsworth

The nonsense potter cracks me up so much. In particular I love how he switches from aggressively defiant to aggressively submissive as soon as any threat of violence comes anywhere near him - "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, AL-FUCKING-RIGHT". Yet again Bob's managed to create a character so brilliantly realised despite him carrying out the exact same routine every week, save for adding a bit here and there like the stuff about his brother owning a sword shop.

The vampiric JJ Shelvey in the latest one was tremendous. I was about to reiterate how great it is that you don't need to know anything about football personalities to find this material hilarious, but I just googled JJ Shelvey and nearly bust a gut laughing at the fact that he's bald like Nosferatu and looks altogether quite ghoulish.

magval

Anyone else think the nonsense potter has a lot of Mark Corrigan in his DNA?

Jittlebags

Peak JJ Shelvey was the pocket blood meat episode. Creases me every time.

SteveDave

Quote from: Jittlebags on September 03, 2019, 12:22:13 AM
Peak JJ Shelvey was the pocket blood meat episode. Creases me every time.

Was that the one where Bob was eating in the toilets and JJ's sucking on someone's piles? 

"Oh-ho you're a right daft cunt!"

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Andy has released a couple of video clips of Athletico Mince being recorded in what appears to be a cosy booklined cupboard. Patreon subscribers can watch them NOW, everyone else can enjoy them from Friday.

They're nothing much, really, just a nice little insight into what the pair of them recording a podcast looks like (it involves microphones). You know, for the fans, like.

Also, Bob really likes his Travis Bickle jacket, doesn't he?

DrGreggles

The new episode wasn't the best IMHO, but Crime Files remains pure spun gold.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 12, 2019, 11:53:36 PM
The new episode wasn't the best IMHO, but Crime Files remains pure spun gold.

The Nonsense Potter is one of Bob's best Mince characters. Typically absurd yet somehow steeped in pathos. The latter just comes naturally to Bob, I think, as he's a fundamentally nice, decent man who can't help finding the humanity in characters who are, on the face of it, unpleasant, stupid and utterly ridiculous.

sponk

Peculiar that Andy has taken to reshaping Bob's concepts for the show. Isn't his new quiz bit where he says "free sweeties" if Bob gets the answer right or "Marlene" if he gets one wrong just the Eranu / Uvavu bit from Shooting Stars?

Twed

Still can't stop thinking about Bob singing "Sly Stallone is all alone" to the tune of Red Light Spells Danger.

bgmnts

The latest elisode with Nonsense Potter had me almost in tears at "how fucking dare you". Bob's delivery is immense at times.

Has anyone read the Gone Fishing book with him and Paul Qhitehouse? It's actually quite entertaining, and I hate fishing.

Jittlebags

Got audio version from Audible. A lot of interaction between Bob and Paul at the start before it goes into book narration mode. Not got far enough in to see whether they swap narration roles.

Ferris

Quote from: sponk on September 13, 2019, 04:46:34 PM
Peculiar that Andy has taken to reshaping Bob's concepts for the show. Isn't his new quiz bit where he says "free sweeties" if Bob gets the answer right or "Marlene" if he gets one wrong just the Eranu / Uvavu bit from Shooting Stars?

I had exactly this thought. It's a stolen gag from 20 years ago. Christ, Dawson is getting worse - I genuinely skip through all his stuff as it is so bad. Not a novel observation I know, but still.

British manager club remains a personal favourite.

Edit: also Mrs Beardsley whenever she is flirting with another fella in front of Peter, and puts on a slightly posh accent but still says "fookin'" every other word. Magic.

Quote from: Jittlebags on September 18, 2019, 12:37:26 AM
Got audio version from Audible. A lot of interaction between Bob and Paul at the start before it goes into book narration mode. Not got far enough in to see whether they swap narration roles.

This sounds excellent - I'd be interested in your thoughts once you've got through it all.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jittlebags on September 18, 2019, 12:37:26 AM

Yeah i'm most of the way through and they do swap, Whitehouse talks mostly fishing technique and information and Bob does stuff from his own perspective and a fun chapter on his cooking.

But yeah when they are just chatting is the best bit, they're both funny blokes, I love how Paul goes humours Bob's silly questions and thoughts. Some subtle mince things in there too!

If anyone has read it let me know how it reads, that'd be interesting.