Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Roy Hodgson is okay. Bob keeps that one in line, playing the straight man.

DrGreggles

New Mince episode up on Parsnips.

God, I fucking love Crime Files.

phantom_power

I wish Andy would stop ruining the flow by interrupting Bob with misplaced motorbike noises

The latest Guru was actually very good. Chalk that one up as the second time I've laughed at Andy.

Ferris

Quote from: phantom_power on October 04, 2019, 02:55:46 PM
I wish Andy would stop ruining the flow by interrupting Bob with misplaced motorbike noises

Replies From View

Has anybody tried re-editing Athletico Mince into a solo Bob Mortimer project?  I know it would result in a lot of fragments not making sense as we'd only be hearing half a conversation, but I still wonder what it would be like.

steamed hams

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on October 05, 2019, 07:34:47 AM
The latest Guru was actually very good. Chalk that one up as the second time I've laughed at Andy.

Yes I quite liked that. Don't think I've ever heard Bob laughing so much at one of Andy's bits before.

Twed

Quote from: Replies From View on October 05, 2019, 03:28:36 PM
Has anybody tried re-editing Athletico Mince into a solo Bob Mortimer project?  I know it would result in a lot of fragments not making sense as we'd only be hearing half a conversation, but I still wonder what it would be like.
Objectively worse

Ferris

That's how I listen - finger poised on the "skip forward 15 seconds" button on my podcast app.

Works very well.

Old Nehamkin

Bizarrely incoherent?

NoOffenceLynn

I'm still in cause of Beardsley and his monotone observations. It's such a dull uneventful life, what with falling out with the missus an all, but he carries on unaffected, through it all.

You know like. Sometimes *whisper* I wish I was more like Beardsley

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on October 05, 2019, 04:05:50 PM
I'm still in cause of Beardsley and his monotone observations. It's such a dull uneventful life, what with falling out with the missus an all, but he carries on unaffected, through it all.

You know like. Sometimes *whisper* I wish I was more like Beardsley

The latest Beardsley compilation on Parsnips is a thing of beauty.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on October 05, 2019, 04:26:34 PM
The latest Beardsley compilation on Parsnips is a thing of beauty.
Ah, haven't heard it yet, thank you.

Replies From View

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on October 05, 2019, 03:55:50 PM
Bizarrely incoherent?

Most probably, but it would lack Andy.

Swings and roundabouts, innit.  Anyway it would be an interesting experiment.

Blue Jam

DrGreggles

Hasn't Klopp already appeared at some point?

Twed

Andy Dawson is exactly a "Paramount Comedy channel 2am slot circa year 2001"-level comedian.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: dunelm on September 30, 2019, 10:26:40 AM
Any time Andy tries to do characters its comedy death. One note, dirge.

The only, very rare exception is Slaughters which he nailed. Quite odd that every other character he does he's shite and only one he hit just right.

But he's basically just doing a version of Vic Reeves' Barry White.

PlanktonSideburns

The last two

FOX!

songs Andy has done has been brilliant

phantom_power

It just the same joke with all of his songs isn't it?

Replies From View

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on October 11, 2019, 03:36:27 PM
But he's basically just doing a version of Vic Reeves' Barry White.

What a surprise that his one good thing is yet again someone else's work

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 14, 2019, 03:06:17 PM
The last two

FOX!

Really?!

I thought it was funny the first time. The second time just made me cringe.  No doubt he will stick with it for 43 episodes because Bob laughed first time around.

Probe tubes, Hodgson, Corbyn...the guy is an unfunny cunt.

sutin

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 14, 2019, 03:06:17 PM
The last two

FOX!

The second one was fucking woeful.

Twed

I hate Andy referencing the few bits of comedy he's done that landed (e.g. "free sweeties"). Repetition fails unless it's in the hands of a master comedian like Bob.

dunelm

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on October 14, 2019, 10:49:09 PM
No doubt he will stick with it for 43 episodes because Bob laughed first time around.

It will never cease to amaze me that the comic genius that is Bob Mortimer finds Andy funny.

alan nagsworth

It strikes me as even more odd that it will apparently literally never stop dumbfounding you that someone else likes something you don't.

Baffled that people are still blathering on about it tbh. It's gone way beyond "discussion" and is extremely tiresome.

the

It's critical vanity. Preening insincere complaint-addicts saying exactly the same statement over and over in perpetuity because they think it reflects on them in some way. Still enjoying AM but seriously fuck this joyless turd of a thread

dunelm

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 15, 2019, 10:47:20 AM
It strikes me as even more odd that it will apparently literally never stop dumbfounding you that someone else likes something you don't.

Except it's not as simple as that is it. This is Bob Mortimer, arguably the funniest man alive finding Dawson who is 98% utterly shit, funny. That is unusual given the rarified category Bob occupies. Only a proponent of Andy, which is lonely work it has to be said, would argue otherwise. 

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 15, 2019, 10:47:20 AM
Baffled that people are still blathering on about it tbh. It's gone way beyond "discussion" and is extremely tiresome.
Why bother mentioning it then? All you're doing is continuing the 'discussion'.

I do find those defending Andy odd. He's shit, end of. A glance through this thread confirms the vast vast majority agrees.

alan nagsworth

"He's shit, end of. But despite this having been established, allow me to say it once more."

I'm continuing the discussion because it has long since evolved from talking about how shit Andy is to talking about talking about how shit Andy is. I'm bemoaning it because I think people need to shut the fuck up about it. END OF! Rant over!! Sorry not sorry lol!

DrGreggles

Quote from: dunelm on October 15, 2019, 09:58:12 AM
It will never cease to amaze me that the comic genius that is Bob Mortimer finds Andy funny.

Maybe Bob is right and you're wrong?
He is a comic genius after all.