Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

There is no joke beyond his bragging, and the different brags aren't funny beyond the initial "silly brag" of the first one, which wasn't funny to start with. Thinking now I wonder if he got the idea from Billy Bragg sounding like silly brag

dunelm

Quote from: phantom_power on March 23, 2020, 11:46:50 AM
There is no joke beyond his bragging, and the different brags aren't funny beyond the initial "silly brag" of the first one, which wasn't funny to start with.

I don't think I've seen somebody attempt comedy and run something into the ground so hard and so fast. He's been doing Corbyn for years now and it was instantly shit from the off. Skip, skip, skip.

DrGreggles

His Corbyn stuff is fine. Think of what he could be doing instead.

the

phantom_power

That Steve and Caspar intro this episode was great, and the Phil Jones trailer

Thomas

Laughed my isolated head off at the Steve/Casper intro.

dunelm

The first two bits on the latest ep, Steve & Casper and Phil Jones are fine examples of Bob's incredible imagination.

non capisco

Spoiler alert
Was genuinely caught off guard by the South African story for the first time in ages, genuinely thought it was Bob sincerely talking about going to the doctors in Corona times.
[close]

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I always assumed that Bob and Andy did the voices of the bits they wrote (apart from stuff like Slaughters and the odd crossover crime files or Martin episode), but that Nigel Pearson bit seemed to me like it was written by Andy. Not sure why, it just sounded kind of more reminiscent of his style of humour to me.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 24, 2020, 11:48:17 AM
His Corbyn stuff is fine. Think of what he could be doing instead.

He could be repeatedly stabbing himself in the testes.

the

Finally listened to episode 101 today, that was one of the best ones I've heard for a good while. The opening song utilising
Spoiler alert
McClaren and Casper
[close]
was great (particularly as the 'oh Mister Dawson/Mortimer' has long been run into the ground IMO), some snappy appearances, plus laughed heartily at
Spoiler alert
Corbyn's red 35,000-piece jigsaw
[close]
and
Spoiler alert
Bob's crisps in the fridge being refreshing
[close]

They pointed out that this episode was recorded with them in separate locations. I seem to remember there was at least one early episode that sounded like it was done over Skype or similar (though this was never signposted or explained).

Just noticed they've also put up a Homeowner compilation, plus what I presume is a compilation of bits from Parsnips? Perhaps someone can verify this as I haven't heard any Parsnips so don't know what the format of it is.

Edit: ah just seen this

QuoteBoiled Parsnips 1: Loft Dogs
Some bits from the first two Athletico Parsnips episodes from last year.

The Bumlord

Yes, they used Skype or similar for the Jambon Hell episode as Bob was in his French hotel room.

Which turned out to be a LIE

the

Quote from: Utterdrivel on April 03, 2020, 10:14:26 PMYes, they used Skype or similar for the Jambon Hell episode as Bob was in his French hotel room.

Which turned out to be a LIE

No I think they were in the same room for that one. I was thinking of episode 7 (where they're pretending to be in Bob's garden) and episode 10 (where Bob's eating a baked potato), you can hear the audio texture is different between the two of them.

bgmnts

Alderman Collection Vol.1 released.

Fucking. Yes.

The Bumlord

They're doing it again appaz. I can't wait to hear Bob's Richard Keys.

bgmnts

Sadly Andy was on Richard Keyes duty. Gutted.

Listening to the Beardsley compilation and my god his early voice for Beardsley's wife is incredible. Almost as funny as Fat Lass.

"Fill that sports direct mug with fucking dark tea" kills me everytime.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Listening back to the very first Beardsley epistle, it's interesting to note that Bob deliberately made it as sad and bleak as possible. It's all pathos, there's none of the overt silliness he'd include in later episodes.

bgmnts

New Mince out!

Don't know if he's messing, but Bob said there is footage of Aidy Lewis talking about the Slaughters bit and how he doesnt eat that kind of food.

Which is incredible if true, like Lawro asking about belinda wipes.

phantom_power

The latest Beardsley is a fucking masterwork. Only at the halfway point but I was laughing as much as Andy. What was the it? Hen Jewellery?

Jittlebags

Quote from: bgmnts on April 23, 2020, 02:30:51 PM
New Mince out!

Don't know if he's messing, but Bob said there is footage of Aidy Lewis talking about the Slaughters bit and how he doesnt eat that kind of food.

Which is incredible if true, like Lawro asking about belinda wipes.

Probably been linked to before  https://twitter.com/mtlawrenson/status/944580129426214912?lang=en

The Roofdog

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 09, 2020, 07:44:50 PM
Listening back to the very first Beardsley epistle, it's interesting to note that Bob deliberately made it as sad and bleak as possible. It's all pathos, there's none of the overt silliness he'd include in later episodes.

I'd forgotten the early thread about his wife rejecting Jesus. Lovely stuff.

steamed hams

Quote from: bgmnts on April 23, 2020, 02:30:51 PM

https://twitter.com/AthleticoMince/status/1252336611880124417

phantom_power

Quote from: The Roofdog on April 24, 2020, 09:56:06 AM
I'd forgotten the early thread about his wife rejecting Jesus. Lovely stuff.

All the stuff about his son rejecting him is some of the saddest stuff in comedy. That poem

bgmnts

Quote from: steamed hams on April 24, 2020, 10:14:53 AM
https://twitter.com/AthleticoMince/status/1252336611880124417

Oh that's lovely.

Listened to some earlier episodes with McClaren and the fat lass and god its funny. Kind of what the Beardsley bits are now almost so no need for two of the same but god those were the first stories that really had me laughing out loud like a maniac in ASDA.

Bob's John Cooper Clarke lockdown poem was amazing.

The latest Beardsley is absolutely glorious. The idea of him
Spoiler alert
opening up drawers to stare at the contents
[close]
is just the most depressingly wonderful thing.

edwardfog

If anyone's looking for something in a similar vein, I'm loving The Delightful Sausage's new podcast Tiredness Kills. Feels like it scratches the same itch as Mince