Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: edwardfog on April 27, 2020, 10:29:03 AM
If anyone's looking for something in a similar vein, I'm loving The Delightful Sausage's new podcast Tiredness Kills. Feels like it scratches the same itch as Mince

I gave this a go thinking I'd jack it in after 15 seconds of someone dying on their arse. Halfway through the first one and I'm actually really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation!

the

Conversely I was baffled by the comparison. Something crucial that Athletico Mince and other good podcasts don't do is have the participants guffawing and cackling over each other all throughout the conversation. It's something perfectly natural in normal conversation between friends, but on podcasts it needs to be suppressed because it's dreadful and self-indulgent to listen to.

Two natural funny people don't need the constant feedback/affirmation of the other person howling at them, they can just be confident in the value of what they're saying.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

What about all the bits in Mince where you can clearly hear Andy pissing himself with laughter? It usually happens during the Beardsley segments, and for me it just adds to the enjoyment. It would be annoying if it happened all the time, admittedly, but it doesn't.

the

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 28, 2020, 03:29:18 PMIt would be annoying if it happened all the time, admittedly, but it doesn't.

That was my point - ^ this is in stark contrast to the other podcast I was commenting on, where every tiny thing said is apparently burst-out-laughing funny (but isn't really to the listener). It's a problem with many podcasts. Be funny, don't sound funny.

Ah, okay. Sorry, I misread your post.

DrGreggles

I like the 'Sauage pod' too, but I don't really get the Mince comparison.

DrGreggles

The McClaren/Casper bit on the new Parsnips had me fucking squealing.

Beardsley going to the shops in #103 is awesome: "My mouth began to water like a St Bernard in a sauna."

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 28, 2020, 09:41:19 PM
The McClaren/Casper bit on the new Parsnips had me fucking squealing.

Same. Absolutely lost it at Bob doing Casper's voice.

Agreed, absolutely creasing when Casper joined in. Whatever I was expecting, that wasn't it!

Mr_Simnock

What's that Casper? You don't give a fuck? Honk Honk

bgmnts

It was incredible.

This has just been released on Mince.

non capisco

Perfect song choice for McLaren. Casper's rendition slayed me as well. Kind of hope Casper speaking remains a curious one-off though, like that one Pink Panther cartoon set in a South African diamond mine where the traditionally mute Pink Panther suddenly can't shut up.

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 29, 2020, 12:50:23 PM
Same. Absolutely lost it at Bob doing Casper's voice.

The voice he chose for Casper, bloody hell. So funny.

But I agree with non capisco, CASPER MUST NEVER SPEAK AGAIN. It was a great one-off gag, but him being a mute agent of chaos who only Steve can understand is perfect.

DrGreggles

Wasn't the voice Tom Fun's friend Derek?

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 29, 2020, 07:42:20 PM
Wasn't the voice Tom Fun's friend Derek?

It was very similar.

non capisco

I forgot to say this week's John Cooper Clarke style poem was even better than the first one.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 29, 2020, 07:09:54 PM
The voice he chose for Casper, bloody hell. So funny.

But I agree with non capisco, CASPER MUST NEVER SPEAK AGAIN. It was a great one-off gag, but him being a mute agent of chaos who only Steve can understand is perfect.

Fuck me, I was not expecting that voice. Pissed myself.

the

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 30, 2020, 09:54:11 PMFuck me, I was not expecting that voice.

I was, because people don't use spoiler tags.

SteveDave

Quote from: non capisco on April 29, 2020, 08:53:27 PM
I forgot to say this week's John Cooper Clarke style poem was even better than the first one.

I felt the need to type it out so I thought I'd type it here:

I sit on me sofa in a pool of stale sweat
I stare at me phone at pictures of pets
I scratch at me balls with a crusty baguette
I don't want to die
Not just yet

I go to the kitchen and stare in the bin
I pick out a piece of warm chicken skin
That's adhered itself to a baked bean tin
I don't want to die
Til I've been to the gym

I try to sleep but the sofa's too wet
I light up the stub of me last cigarette
I watched Gary Barlow sing a duet
I don't wanna die
Not just yet

I go to me bed at half past eight
The mattress is buckling under me weight
I dwell on me debts and the folk that I hate
I'm ready to die
In fact I can't wait

bgmnts

They just released the McClaren Collection Volume 2, which is one of the major peaks of Mince, for me. That saga with the fat lass and Casper with Sean Dyche is the stuff that made me start laughing like a mental person in the middle of ASDA.

Quote from: the on May 01, 2020, 02:12:39 PM
I was, because people don't use spoiler tags.

Yep, that fucked it for me too. Annoying.

Jittlebags

One, two, three, four....

QuoteYou wear your heart on your sleeve...

DrGreggles

I'm not sure why spoiler tags are needed when something has been released.
Wouldn't it be easier for those who haven't heard it to avoid a thread about Athletico Mince until they have?

the

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 01, 2020, 10:55:57 PMI'm not sure why spoiler tags are needed when something has been released.
Wouldn't it be easier for those who haven't heard it to avoid a thread about Athletico Mince until they have?

Have a think about the flaw in this.

DrGreggles

Quote from: the on May 01, 2020, 11:01:01 PM
Have a think about the flaw in this.

Nope, can't spot one.
But then I'm one of those 'avoid the thread until I've heard the episode' cunts.

phantom_power

That's fine for something that is on at the same time every week, but for a podcast that drops at irregular intervals, and has different versions for patreons as well, it isn't so easy to know a new episode is out

Jittlebags

Quote from: phantom_power on May 02, 2020, 12:34:05 AM
That's fine for something that is on at the same time every week, but for a podcast that drops at irregular intervals, and has different versions for patreons as well, it isn't so easy to know a new episode is out

There's your answer there. Look at Athletico Mince Twitter in advance of CAB thread. Chances are CAB will be discussing latest episode as opposed to something about the Alderman  50 episodes ago.

the

Why the fuck should anyone have to look at Twitter. For anything.

The purpose of spoiler tags is obvious - the idea that once something is released it doesn't need spoilers is... inexplicable. When are they for then.