Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: the on May 02, 2020, 01:42:15 AM
Why the fuck should anyone have to look at Twitter. For anything.

The purpose of spoiler tags is obvious - the idea that once something is released it doesn't need spoilers is... inexplicable. When are they for then.

Spoiler alert
dog dirt
[close]

PlanktonSideburns

Make sure there's no new versions of mince out, then check here. Not hard.

People want to talk about eps here directly after they've watched it, that's like 90percent of what's here, if everything of that nature was spoilered, this thread would look like a government document from the x-files punctuated by posts about how much of a cunt Andy Dawson is.

Why not just write

Andy Dawson Is A Prick

And

No He isn't

On a load of post it notes, and only come in here once you've checked your podcast provider

Some really baffling posts here. Clearly people look at this site regularly and will click on shows that interest them. Do I really have to check all my podcasts before I come on CaB? The spoiler tag is the perfect compromise. People can say whatever they like...and others can choose not to read it. The fact that this needs explaining is a little concerning.

DrGreggles

When you see there are new posts in a thread about a show that regularly releases new content, check to see if there's a new episode before reading the posts.
The fact that this needs explaining is a little concerning.

phantom_power

Forum posts shouldn't really require you to do homework

PlanktonSideburns

People shouldn't be taping the football, not watching it, and wandering into the pub and then bollocking people for not hiding under a sheet when they talk about the football

PlanktonSideburns

Love how green all the avatars in this page are so far

Captain Crunch

The fact that courtesy needs explaining is a little concerning.

the

People saying 'just check the rest of the internet before looking in any thread':

You've made clear that you think spoilers are not for concealing giveaways about something that's only just come out. So what do you think they ARE for?

bgmnts

You don't even need to check your podcasts, just have an alert on your phone for when a new episode is released. It's so easy.

DrGreggles

"Ooh, there are new posts in the Athletico Mince thread. I wonder what they're talking about..."
*2 minutes later*
"Ruddy flip! It turns out that they're talking about Athletico Mince again!
How dare they discuss Athletico Mince content in the Athletico Mince discussion thread after they've heard it.
So selfish of them to discuss Athletico Mince in the Athletico Mince discussion thread before they've checked with me that's it's OK to do so.
I'm going to go into the Athletico Mince discussion thread to moan about them discussing Athletico Mince in the Athletico Mince discussion thread in a format that I find personally inconvenient. And I'm going to do it with far more haste than I put into listening to a podcast that was released on fucking Monday.
SNIVEL SNIVEL!"

Ferris

To be fair, the spoiler tag would have been helpful there because
Spoiler alert
the voice of Casper
[close]
was something I read about before hearing. Not a huge deal, and I sort of agree it's my own fault but also that a spoiler tag probably would have got an extra laugh out of me.

This post brought to you by centrist forum fence-sitters incorporated - pleasing no one since 2016

DrGreggles

I went into the Better Call Saul thread a few weeks ago and read a couple of posts before it suddenly dawned on me that it was Tuesday and the new episode had dropped about 5 hours earlier.
So I left the thread and went back after I'd caught up.

Only now can I appreciate that this was the fault of everyone else in the BCS thread and not down to me being a fucking idiot who doesn't know what day it is.

Ferris

Ehh it's half and half innit. You could make the case either way, and like I say it's not a huge deal really.

The only podcast I know what day it comes out is the sublime Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonalds? but no chance of spoilers in that thread because it's deserted *taps side of head*

DrGreggles

To be honest, I'm only about 50 episodes in to Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonalds?, so there's little chance of me catching up on that thread for a while!

Ferris

Touché!

Around ep140 there's a couple of bonus episodes released to kickstarter donors. PM me when you get there and I'll send the link.

DrGreggles

I tend to get through big chunks of episodes (10-15) at a time, so I'm sure I can get up to speed if I focus.
If only there were some reason for me to stay at home and listen to podcasts...

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2020, 03:39:30 PM
To be fair, the spoiler tag would have been helpful there because
Spoiler alert
the voice of Casper
[close]
was something I read about before hearing. Not a huge deal, and I sort of agree it's my own fault but also that a spoiler tag probably would have got an extra laugh out of me.

This post brought to you by centrist forum fence-sitters incorporated - pleasing no one since 2016

Pick a fucking side ferris you bastard

phantom_power

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 02, 2020, 03:52:22 PM
I went into the Better Call Saul thread a few weeks ago and read a couple of posts before it suddenly dawned on me that it was Tuesday and the new episode had dropped about 5 hours earlier.
So I left the thread and went back after I'd caught up.

Only now can I appreciate that this was the fault of everyone else in the BCS thread and not down to me being a fucking idiot who doesn't know what day it is.

The flipside of that is expecting people to jump through some set of hoops determined by you before they can read your post. Is it fair to expect people to check the internet for new podcasts every time they go to this sub-forum and see a new post on this thread? Or is it more reasonable to show a bit of caution when talking about something that others might not have heard yet

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 02, 2020, 09:15:01 PM
Pick a fucking side ferris you bastard

I will be in the opposite side from you, just let me know which one that is and I'll vigorously claim that has always been my position and everyone else is lying/evil.

DrGreggles

Quote from: phantom_power on May 02, 2020, 09:20:54 PM
The flipside of that is expecting people to jump through some set of hoops determined by you before they can read your post. Is it fair to expect people to check the internet for new podcasts every time they go to this sub-forum and see a new post on this thread? Or is it more reasonable to show a bit of caution when talking about something that others might not have heard yet

The hoops weren't determined by me. They're the same hoops that have been in place since that thread started.
If you're not up to speed on a certain show/podcast/whatever, just avoid the thread. That's the easiest thing to do as it involves not doing something.

DrGreggles

The Crime Files animation that was previously only on Parsnips has been uploaded to YouTube:
Spoiler alert

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2020, 09:44:51 PM
I will be in the opposite side from you, just let me know which one that is and I'll vigorously claim that has always been my position and everyone else is lying/evil.

You've put me on the spot - I can't decide now!

bgmnts

I just cannot stop laughing at the Casper voice.

sutin

Quote from: bgmnts on May 02, 2020, 11:45:25 PM
I just cannot stop laughing at the Casper voice.

I also cannot stop laughing at the
Spoiler alert
Casper voice
[close]

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 02, 2020, 10:34:00 PM
You've put me on the spot - I can't decide now!

Pathetic
Spoiler alert
and/or admirable
[close]

Pseudopath

How about just subscribing to Athletico Parsnips, you tight bastards?

xtheline

Still think the podcast is hilarious, even like most of Andy's stuff but he's the worst type of person on Twitter, tweets his opinions constantly but then gets angry when people reply with their own.

I've noticed on his Instagram he only replies to female followers' comments and seems to have followed loads of them back too, very odd behaviour for a bloke in his late 40s titting around on a podcast with a comedy legend. I'd unfollow him on everything but he sometimes posts stuff about Top Flight Time Machine (which I also really like) that I'd miss otherwise.

I normally skip Andy's bits so was very annoyed to hear him have a role on Gangs Of The EPL in the latest podcast. I could barely raise a smile for the entire segment. Both his voices were fucking shit.

The start of the podcast really highlighted to gulf between the two. Bob churning out another John Cooper Clarke masterpiece followed up by Andy's 'What's behind the door'. I know it's been said a thousand times, but he really is a terribly unfunny bloke. The more he tries the worse it seems to get.

the

Always fun to listen to AM, then come in here trying to guess which entirely innocuous bits have shat in the cornflakes of some Filbert