Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: the on May 21, 2020, 10:51:04 AM
Always fun to listen to AM, then come in here trying to guess which entirely innocuous bits have shat in the cornflakes of some Filbert

Spoiler alert: It is the shit, unfunny Andy bits. You needn't bother now

the

EDIT: WARNING - CONTAINS ACTUAL PERSONAL APPRECIATION OF ATHLETICO MINCE THAT WAS NOT VETTED BY MANTIS TOBOGGAN, SOMEONE WHO BY THE WAY IS NOT OUT OF THEIR FUCKING TREE

Something I enjoyed in 106 was, despite Bob already mentioning Infinity Rocket Plastics twice in the episode, he then forgets the name and instead makes up
Spoiler alert
Skyblast Rocket Systems.

"It's a terrifying piece of software, from a quite frankly terrifying company"

Eric Dyer turning into a Native American
[close]
made me laugh too

Quote from: the on May 22, 2020, 12:07:48 PM

Eric Dyer turning into a Native American[/spoiler] made me laugh too

Not surprising. Andy is hilarious isn't he.

magval

You know one criticism of Andy that doesn't get leveled at him often enough? His complete lack of musicality. I don't mean that his songs are shit, which they are, I mean his absolutely consistently inappropriate choice of notes when he joins in with any of Bob's songs, musical bits, that sort of thing.

This isn't really an attack, more just of an observation. My wife is similarly unmusical, she can change key while singing along to something and can only whistle in one note.

Jittlebags

Righty you bunch of tw*ts. Who wrote the theme tune, played the the theme tune, erm.. sang...  Erm...  Anyway, whoever chose the Beardlsey music is a genius.

the

Just had a nice surprise while watching old ad breaks on Youtube.

Thames has a bit of a technical hitch while coming back to the film Spartacus after the adverts, but the breakdown music they use to fill the gap is inspirational...

https://youtu.be/o726UUpOaeY?t=121

Mr_Simnock

you tube never lets you down eh

Quote from: the on June 06, 2020, 04:40:20 PM

Thames has a bit of a technical hitch while coming back to the film Spartacus after the adverts, but the breakdown music they use to fill the gap is inspirational...

That's brilliant. I clicked on the link expecting the Beardsley song as well.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on June 06, 2020, 09:54:41 PM
That's brilliant. I clicked on the link expecting the Beardsley song as well.

Me too! Wasn't expecting that at all. Great find, the.

DrGreggles

I wonder which library music source Bob uses.
He can certainly pick a good 'un.

The Roofdog

Quote from: the on June 06, 2020, 04:40:20 PM

Lovely stuff

Still no updates regarding any new Mince. Andy off Twitter. Bob not posting anything since 'the incident'.

I wonder if it's toast. Bob takes quite a few risks with his comedy but I wonder if he's decided it would be better if he wasn't associated with Andy anymore.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on June 12, 2020, 08:51:09 AM
Still no updates regarding any new Mince. Andy off Twitter. Bob not posting anything since 'the incident'.

I wonder if it's toast. Bob takes quite a few risks with his comedy but I wonder if he's decided it would be better if he wasn't associated with Andy anymore.

Bob's been posting a bit on instagram, but nothing Mince-related. Maybe just taking a wee break from Twitter and the podcast while things settle down a wee bit.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on June 12, 2020, 08:51:09 AM
'the incident'.

What's this? You mean Andy vs Gove/Sarah Vine stuff?

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 12, 2020, 12:19:45 PM
What's this? You mean Andy vs Gove/Sarah Vine stuff?

That's the one

DrGreggles

Bob was on Iain Lee's show last night.
He's working on another series of the fishing show with Paul Whitehouse.

the

Just a bit of Mince miscellany -

Reading about Sooty earlier made me aware of the defunct breakfast cereal Puffa Puffa Rice. Perhaps this is the cause of Beardsley calling his coat a Puffa Puffa jacket (instead of just a Puffa jacket).

And the other day I was thinking about the Dental Nurses song (episode 44), and found this alternative version with a different end verse.

This video also came up as the next suggestion.

sutin

Andy's not responding to Instagram comments about Mince being finished. He's usually pretty responsive. I'm not saying it means anything, but there you are.

bgmnts

Would be gutted if it ended abruptly like that. It's one of the few things that still makes me full on belly laugh.*

*despite the enormous drag factor that is Andy Dawson.

Shit Good Nose

Cue everybody on here who has spent the last 4 years saying how much they hate Andy opining about Mince being finished before its time in 5, 4, 3, 2........

Chollis

it's fitting that Andy killed it

Shit Good Nose

The "real" answer to this might be less concerning - Bob and Paul have been seen out and about in the last few weeks fishing in various places (Hampshire Avon the other day) with a sound crew.  Presumably they're doing material for another book.

robhug

It would be sad not to hear Bob's crazy ideas so hopefully he'll be releasing a new comedic podcast with an improved straight man in the not too distant future

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: robhug on August 25, 2020, 05:12:49 PM
It would be sad not to hear Bob's crazy ideas so hopefully he'll be releasing a new comedic podcast with an improved straight man in the not too distant future

Only if said straight man/other partner has the drive to do a podcast.  By his own admission Bob is far too lazy to do the necessary himself.

sutin

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 05:03:39 PM
Cue everybody on here who has spent the last 4 years saying how much they hate Andy opining about Mince being finished before its time in 5, 4, 3, 2........
That would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do. It's a great show despite him.

phantom_power

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 05:03:39 PM

How is that contradictory or hypocritical? The show was good regardless of his input. He may have been the facilitator for the podcast but that doesn't exempt him from criticism.

Shit Good Nose

The point I was making (and I'm not the only or first one to make this point over the years) is that the amount of hatred he's had on here, particularly over the last year or so, may - MAY - be a cause for him calling it a day with Mince.  It's been confirmed that he has visited CaB, so he no doubt would have seen the very scathing comments from people who weren't just able to say "sorry, I don't find Andy funny", skip his bits and leave it at that.  If - and that's a BIG "if" (as I said, the continued hiatus is probably just down to Bob being busy still with something to do with the fishing show) - the show has finished because Andy just got fed up with the constant barrage of abuse, and then everyone who dished out that abuse (and it is abuse - some of the comments have been very harsh and quite personal) starts moaning about the fact that there's no more Mince.

Despite those of us who "put up with", or don't mind, or even like Andy saying several times that Mince - or anything like it because of Bob's own laziness - simply won't exist without him, that doesn't seem to have made others have second thoughts about what they've written about him on here.

Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and it will be back.  I just thought it was worth reiterating what's been said many times by several CaBbers other than myself.

TL;DR - I love Mince and don't want it to ever end, but too many cunts on here seem to be trying to make it their mission to end it ASAP.

bgmnts

I'd suck Dawson's cock to keep Mince going, I subscribe to the Patreon.

Just think he's crap.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on August 25, 2020, 08:32:44 PM
I'd suck Dawson's cock to keep Mince going, I subscribe to the Patreon.

Well let's not be too hasty now...