Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

I doubt he gives a shit what a bunch of twats on a forum think of him. It is more likely to be related to his Twitter problems, and/or Bob's workload

DrGreggles

Quote from: phantom_power on August 25, 2020, 11:05:19 PM
I doubt he gives a shit what a bunch of twats on a forum think of him.

Not sure about that. He comes across as being pretty thin-skinned when it comes to criticism.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 25, 2020, 11:15:35 PM
Not sure about that. He comes across as being pretty thin-skinned when it comes to criticism.

Yep - several people who have crossed paths with him on Twitter have said the same (including some CaBbers, IIRC).

Ferris

Quote from: robhug on August 25, 2020, 05:12:49 PM
It would be sad not to hear Bob's crazy ideas so hopefully he'll be releasing a new comedic podcast with an improved straight man in the not too distant future

I am available (assuming the $$$ is right)

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 08:28:49 PM
The point I was making (and I'm not the only or first one to make this point over the years) is that the amount of hatred he's had on here, particularly over the last year or so, may - MAY - be a cause for him calling it a day with Mince.  It's been confirmed that he has visited CaB, so he no doubt would have seen the very scathing comments from people who weren't just able to say "sorry, I don't find Andy funny", skip his bits and leave it at that.  If - and that's a BIG "if" (as I said, the continued hiatus is probably just down to Bob being busy still with something to do with the fishing show) - the show has finished because Andy just got fed up with the constant barrage of abuse, and then everyone who dished out that abuse (and it is abuse - some of the comments have been very harsh and quite personal) starts moaning about the fact that there's no more Mince.

Despite those of us who "put up with", or don't mind, or even like Andy saying several times that Mince - or anything like it because of Bob's own laziness - simply won't exist without him, that doesn't seem to have made others have second thoughts about what they've written about him on here.

Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and it will be back.  I just thought it was worth reiterating what's been said many times by several CaBbers other than myself.

TL;DR - I love Mince and don't want it to ever end, but too many cunts on here seem to be trying to make it their mission to end it ASAP.

There you have it. Andy read CaB and grudgingly called time on Athletico Mince.

It had absolutely nothing to do with Bob distancing himself from the angry Twitter warrior.

Who else on earth will stitch together a podcast with one of the most brilliant, well-loved comedians of all time? All while being paid for the pleasure.

the

Unless anyone knows differently, am I right in thinking this present line of conversation based solely on this:

Quote from: sutin on August 25, 2020, 04:38:01 PMAndy's not responding to Instagram comments about Mince being finished. He's usually pretty responsive. I'm not saying it means anything, but there you are.

Because that's virtually zero information to go on, considering many of the conclusions extrapolated from it above.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: the on August 27, 2020, 12:41:51 AM
Unless anyone knows differently, am I right in thinking this present line of conversation based solely on this:

Because that's virtually zero information to go on, considering many of the conclusions extrapolated from it above.

Correct - I've already confirmed Bob has been spotted out with Paul and a small sound crew several times in the last few weeks fishing.

the

So why are you putting about conjecture like this:

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 08:28:49 PM[...] the amount of hatred [Andy's] had on here, particularly over the last year or so, may - MAY - be a cause for him calling it a day with Mince.  It's been confirmed that he has visited CaB, so he no doubt would have seen the very scathing comments from people who weren't just able to say "sorry, I don't find Andy funny", skip his bits and leave it at that.  If - and that's a BIG "if" (as I said, the continued hiatus is probably just down to Bob being busy still with something to do with the fishing show) - the show has finished because Andy just got fed up with the constant barrage of abuse, and then everyone who dished out that abuse (and it is abuse - some of the comments have been very harsh and quite personal) starts moaning about the fact that there's no more Mince.

I know you've couched it in 'if's' and 'may's', but you're still putting the idea about based on very little current information.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: the on August 27, 2020, 11:00:02 AM
So why are you putting about conjecture like this:

I know you've couched it in 'if's' and 'may's', but you're still putting the idea about based on very little current information.

Because I'm reiterating something that others on here have pointed out many times in the past to try and protect Mince's future.  Otherwise, and more specifically about this "hiatus", I've already said:

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 05:10:19 PM
The "real" answer to this might be less concerning - Bob and Paul have been seen out and about in the last few weeks fishing in various places (Hampshire Avon the other day) with a sound crew.  Presumably they're doing material for another book.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 08:28:49 PM
Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and it will be back. 

Natnar

Quote from: phantom_power on August 25, 2020, 11:05:19 PM
I doubt he gives a shit what a bunch of twats on a forum think of him. It is more likely to be related to his Twitter problems, and/or Bob's workload

Andy's still releasing episodes of Top Flight Time Machine so i think it's more likely Bob's workload that's stopping Mince from happening at the moment.

DrGreggles

A new compilation has dropped on the podcast feed.
Maybe reports of dead Mince are premature?

Jittlebags

Though no tweet signalling it's arrival.

Still, looking hopefull.

Thomas

Not listened to an episode in ages, but ♪M-M-M-M-M-Martin springs into my head every day.

It sometimes takes me a while to warm up to Bob's new characters, but I've been catching up on the more recent episodes and I really love his Jack Grealish being a clumsy Brummie who's afraid of his own height. Gives a purpose to the usually shit Lawro bits

Captain Z

I don't know if you're a football follower, but the origin of that character trait is because Jack Grealish gets accused of easily falling to the floor for free-kicks/penalties.

sutin

Quote from: Captain Z on August 31, 2020, 04:39:10 PM
I don't know if you're a football follower, but the origin of that character trait is because Jack Grealish gets accused of easily falling to the floor for free-kicks/penalties.

*ground.

SteveDave

I think I'd heard bits of that free Parsnips episode before but I still guffaw'd at "I've got a Bible signed by Cliff Richard and Sue Barker!" and David Batty standing on Neil Hunt's balls that were "There's 9 years worth of gunk in there! It's fucking agony!"

DrGreggles

New Athletico Parsnips episode on the way, according to the Mince Patreon.

ColinPopshed

On a recent Top Flight Time Machine, Andy referred to Bob as 'my good friend' so hopefully they're not estranged. Maybe just Andy promising to chill out a bit, and Bob being busy.

robhug

I think its dawned on Bob that Andy's bad PR

beanheadmcginty

Am I the only one naive enough to have genuinely believed Bob on first listen of the jamon episode?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Nope, I bought into the whole thing too. Bob is a very convincing liar.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 05, 2020, 12:28:40 PM
Nope, I bought into the whole thing too. Bob is a very convincing liar.

Hence his impeccable record on Would I Lie To You.

imitationleather

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 05, 2020, 12:23:28 PM
Am I the only one naive enough to have genuinely believed Bob on first listen of the jamon episode?

It wasn't real?!

Sacre bleu!

PlanktonSideburns

sutin

Quote from: imitationleather on September 05, 2020, 12:33:25 PM
It wasn't real?!

Sacre bleu!

They said in the FourFourTwo interview podcast this it was all staged. I fell for it too.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: sutin on September 05, 2020, 12:41:30 PM
They said in the FourFourTwo interview podcast this it was all staged. I fell for it too.

I still wasn't aware it wasn't real until I listened to that.

I think most people went along with it - it was quite an early episode, so we hadn't yet got to the point of expecting a South African to come around the corner at any minute, and most of us didn't really know much about Andy either.

Of course, listening back with that knowledge it's obvious that it's not real, but hindsight being what it is...

Moreso than the jambon hell, I'm still wondering about the Susanna Hoffs motorbike story from the episode that came before. It's completely ridiculous but delivered in such a convincing way