Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sutin

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 05, 2020, 04:07:30 PM
I still wasn't aware it wasn't real until I listened to that.

I think most people went along with it - it was quite an early episode, so we hadn't yet got to the point of expecting a South African to come around the corner at any minute, and most of us didn't really know much about Andy either.

Of course, listening back with that knowledge it's obvious that it's not real, but hindsight being what it is...

Me neither. None of it seemed like fiction until the Steve McClaren tales arrived.

tinner777

bgmnts

Indeed. Although unable to download from the patreon and nothing coming up on my podcast app.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It works fine if you play it 'live' in your Patreon account?

Great to have it back, back, back.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on September 12, 2020, 04:44:03 PM
Indeed. Although unable to download from the patreon and nothing coming up on my podcast app.

My Patreon is fucked at the moment. Can't access anything on the site or app - other than a reCAPTCHA prompt every time I try to do anything.
Luckily the RSS streams still work.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 12, 2020, 07:01:14 PM
Where?
Parsnips episode for the patreons

Loved Phil Jones, Beardsley, McLaren and the White Harts but biggest laugh for me was Bob's offhand comment about the hammock. Great to have it back.

bgmnts

Jesus Harry Kane's team talk had me crying.

Shit Good Nose

How many Parsnips episodes are there now?  Excluding the freebie compilations.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 13, 2020, 07:11:12 PM
How many Parsnips episodes are there now?  Excluding the freebie compilations.

The new one is the fifteenth.

Shit Good Nose

Ta.  Never got round to renewing when I took out a month for the live vid that was put up, so I really must get around to it.

magval

When will this be on the usual podcast platforms then, is there a set time where it's restricted for paying customers?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: how do you like apples on September 12, 2020, 09:43:32 PM
Parsnips episode for the patreons

Aha, many thanks - my Patreon, for some reason, had been cancelled. Weird. Now reinstated.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: magval on September 13, 2020, 07:45:52 PM
When will this be on the usual podcast platforms then, is there a set time where it's restricted for paying customers?

This one won't - it's a Parsnips episode for subscribers only.

Still no word of what's going on with "regular" Mince.

Jittlebags

If this 'parsnips' is new mince, then there will be mince for all.

Yes, it turns out that all the tittle-tattle about Mince coming to an end was absolute bollocks.

Sorry, I know that sounds quite arsey, but all they were doing was taking a coffee friends break for three months. Bob explains in the Parsnips episode that he and Paul had to film a few more (presumably socially distanced) instalments of the fishing show, and he's just been taking it easy at home during lockdown.

If you follow Andy's other podcast, Top Flight Time Machine, you'll know that he's spent most of the summer in a hammock watching snooker and football. There was never any rancour, the podcast just wound down for a bit.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 14, 2020, 03:30:30 AM
Top Flight Time Machine

This can be a bit patchy, but the Melchester Odyssey episodes are fucking hilarious.
The Keane and Keegan deep dives were great too.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 14, 2020, 03:30:30 AM
Yes, it turns out that all the tittle-tattle about Mince coming to an end was absolute bollocks.

Sorry, I know that sounds quite arsey, but all they were doing was taking a coffee friends break for three months. Bob explains in the Parsnips episode that he and Paul had to film a few more (presumably socially distanced) instalments of the fishing show, and he's just been taking it easy at home during lockdown.

If you follow Andy's other podcast, Top Flight Time Machine, you'll know that he's spent most of the summer in a hammock watching snooker and football. There was never any rancour, the podcast just wound down for a bit.

Are you seriously suggesting Andy's Twitter fiasco had nothing to do with it?

They were quite clearly waiting for it to settle before recommencing.

Enjoyed the episode. Phil Jones is incredible. Bob must put some serious 'work' into that. It took about 20 minutes for him to plough through his lines!

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on September 15, 2020, 10:36:59 AM

They were quite clearly waiting for it to settle before recommencing.

wAKE uP sHEEPLE!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on September 15, 2020, 10:36:59 AM

I think Ballad was specifically referring to the doom-laden speculation on here - quite separate from the Twitter stuff (though it was tangentially related).

I was part/instigator of that speculation, and still am to a degree - although in this instance I said this VERY early on into that speculation:
Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 25, 2020, 05:10:19 PM
The "real" answer to this might be less concerning - Bob and Paul have been seen out and about in the last few weeks fishing in various places (Hampshire Avon the other day) with a sound crew.  Presumably they're doing material for another book.

I still think people who are really nasty about (as opposed to just critical of) Andy should perhaps tone that nastiness down.  Just in case.  Several other Mince fans on here agree with me.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 15, 2020, 11:17:06 AM
I think Ballad was specifically referring to the doom-laden speculation on here - quite separate from the Twitter stuff (though it was tangentially related).

I was, yes. Andy's spot of bother on Twitter never struck me as a plausible reason for Mince being aborted. Why would Bob care about something like that? Anyway, it's back now. Good.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 15, 2020, 11:17:06 AM
I still think people who are really nasty about (as opposed to just critical of) Andy should perhaps tone that nastiness down.  Just in case.  Several other Mince fans on here agree with me.

I'm with you there 100%.

Natnar

It's almost as if people want Mince to end just so Bob doesn't have to have anything to do with Andy anymore.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Natnar on September 15, 2020, 11:05:12 PM
It's almost as if people want Mince to end just so Bob doesn't have to have anything to do with Andy anymore.

Yes I guess there's some people being pissed off that Andy accidentally got to sit at the Captain's Table. For some chicken dippas and some blue drink

TheMonk

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 15, 2020, 06:59:16 PM
I was, yes. Andy's spot of bother on Twitter never struck me as a plausible reason for Mince being aborted. Why would Bob care about something like that? Anyway, it's back now. Good.
Digging back trying to work out what his spot of bother on Twitter was. What's the story here?

At the risk of the whole podcast being abandoned because of mean-spirited comments on this website I would still like to say that Lawro's Top Tens are desperately unfunny.

dr beat

Its back! Mince 107 up for Patreons...

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on September 21, 2020, 02:52:39 PM
At the risk of the whole podcast being abandoned because of mean-spirited comments on this website I would still like to say that Lawro's Top Tens are desperately unfunny.

They could be Lenny Biscuits Top Tens though, so be grateful.

Andy's song in this one. Christ.

DrGreggles

Oh, how I've missed Neil Hunt.