Author Topic: Athletico Mince  (Read 218310 times)

Re: Athletico Mince
« Reply #1800 on: September 06, 2020, 12:37:04 PM »
I still wasn't aware it wasn't real until I listened to that.

I think most people went along with it - it was quite an early episode, so we hadn't yet got to the point of expecting a South African to come around the corner at any minute, and most of us didn't really know much about Andy either.

Of course, listening back with that knowledge it's obvious that it's not real, but hindsight being what it is...

Me neither. None of it seemed like fiction until the Steve McClaren tales arrived.

tinner777

• Give me some sugar
« Reply #1801 on: September 12, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
new mince

« Reply #1802 on: September 12, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »
Indeed. Although unable to download from the patreon and nothing coming up on my podcast app.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #1803 on: September 12, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
It works fine if you play it 'live' in your Patreon account?

Great to have it back, back, back.

« Reply #1804 on: September 12, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »
Indeed. Although unable to download from the patreon and nothing coming up on my podcast app.

My Patreon is fucked at the moment. Can't access anything on the site or app - other than a reCAPTCHA prompt every time I try to do anything.
Luckily the RSS streams still work.

SpiderChrist

• "the law of averages says you'll survive"
« Reply #1805 on: September 12, 2020, 07:01:14 PM »

« Reply #1806 on: September 12, 2020, 09:43:32 PM »
Where?
Parsnips episode for the patreons

Loved Phil Jones, Beardsley, McLaren and the White Harts but biggest laugh for me was Bob's offhand comment about the hammock. Great to have it back.

« Reply #1807 on: September 13, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »
Jesus Harry Kane's team talk had me crying.

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #1808 on: September 13, 2020, 07:11:12 PM »
How many Parsnips episodes are there now?  Excluding the freebie compilations.

« Reply #1809 on: September 13, 2020, 07:16:35 PM »
How many Parsnips episodes are there now?  Excluding the freebie compilations.

The new one is the fifteenth.

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #1810 on: September 13, 2020, 07:19:37 PM »
Ta.  Never got round to renewing when I took out a month for the live vid that was put up, so I really must get around to it.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #1811 on: September 13, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »
When will this be on the usual podcast platforms then, is there a set time where it's restricted for paying customers?

SpiderChrist

« Reply #1812 on: September 13, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
Parsnips episode for the patreons

Aha, many thanks - my Patreon, for some reason, had been cancelled. Weird. Now reinstated.

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #1813 on: September 13, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
When will this be on the usual podcast platforms then, is there a set time where it's restricted for paying customers?

This one won't - it's a Parsnips episode for subscribers only.

Still no word of what's going on with "regular" Mince.

« Reply #1814 on: September 14, 2020, 01:53:14 AM »
If this 'parsnips' is new mince, then there will be mince for all.

« Reply #1815 on: September 14, 2020, 03:30:30 AM »
Yes, it turns out that all the tittle-tattle about Mince coming to an end was absolute bollocks.

Sorry, I know that sounds quite arsey, but all they were doing was taking a coffee friends break for three months. Bob explains in the Parsnips episode that he and Paul had to film a few more (presumably socially distanced) instalments of the fishing show, and he's just been taking it easy at home during lockdown.

If you follow Andy's other podcast, Top Flight Time Machine, you'll know that he's spent most of the summer in a hammock watching snooker and football. There was never any rancour, the podcast just wound down for a bit.

« Reply #1816 on: September 14, 2020, 07:57:01 AM »
Top Flight Time Machine

This can be a bit patchy, but the Melchester Odyssey episodes are fucking hilarious.
The Keane and Keegan deep dives were great too.

« Reply #1817 on: September 15, 2020, 10:36:59 AM »
Yes, it turns out that all the tittle-tattle about Mince coming to an end was absolute bollocks.

Sorry, I know that sounds quite arsey, but all they were doing was taking a coffee friends break for three months. Bob explains in the Parsnips episode that he and Paul had to film a few more (presumably socially distanced) instalments of the fishing show, and he's just been taking it easy at home during lockdown.

If you follow Andy's other podcast, Top Flight Time Machine, you'll know that he's spent most of the summer in a hammock watching snooker and football. There was never any rancour, the podcast just wound down for a bit.

Are you seriously suggesting Andy’s Twitter fiasco had nothing to do with it?

They were quite clearly waiting for it to settle before recommencing.

Enjoyed the episode. Phil Jones is incredible. Bob must put some serious ‘work’ into that. It took about 20 minutes for him to plough through his lines!

SpiderChrist

« Reply #1818 on: September 15, 2020, 11:10:52 AM »

They were quite clearly waiting for it to settle before recommencing.

wAKE uP sHEEPLE!

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #1819 on: September 15, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »

I think Ballad was specifically referring to the doom-laden speculation on here - quite separate from the Twitter stuff (though it was tangentially related).

I was part/instigator of that speculation, and still am to a degree - although in this instance I said this VERY early on into that speculation:
The "real" answer to this might be less concerning - Bob and Paul have been seen out and about in the last few weeks fishing in various places (Hampshire Avon the other day) with a sound crew.  Presumably they're doing material for another book.

I still think people who are really nasty about (as opposed to just critical of) Andy should perhaps tone that nastiness down.  Just in case.  Several other Mince fans on here agree with me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:28:18 AM by Shit Good Nose »

« Reply #1820 on: September 15, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »
I think Ballad was specifically referring to the doom-laden speculation on here - quite separate from the Twitter stuff (though it was tangentially related).

I was, yes. Andy's spot of bother on Twitter never struck me as a plausible reason for Mince being aborted. Why would Bob care about something like that? Anyway, it's back now. Good.

I still think people who are really nasty about (as opposed to just critical of) Andy should perhaps tone that nastiness down.  Just in case.  Several other Mince fans on here agree with me.

I'm with you there 100%.

« Reply #1821 on: September 15, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »
It's almost as if people want Mince to end just so Bob doesn't have to have anything to do with Andy anymore.

« Reply #1822 on: September 16, 2020, 01:05:32 AM »
It's almost as if people want Mince to end just so Bob doesn't have to have anything to do with Andy anymore.

Yes I guess there's some people being pissed off that Andy accidentally got to sit at the Captain's Table. For some chicken dippas and some blue drink

TheMonk

• Hello folks
« Reply #1823 on: September 16, 2020, 02:09:32 AM »
I was, yes. Andy's spot of bother on Twitter never struck me as a plausible reason for Mince being aborted. Why would Bob care about something like that? Anyway, it's back now. Good.
Digging back trying to work out what his spot of bother on Twitter was. What’s the story here?

« Reply #1824 on: September 16, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »

« Reply #1825 on: September 21, 2020, 02:52:39 PM »
At the risk of the whole podcast being abandoned because of mean-spirited comments on this website I would still like to say that Lawro’s Top Tens are desperately unfunny.

dr beat

• #TeamColourfield
« Reply #1826 on: September 21, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »
Its back! Mince 107 up for Patreons...

« Reply #1827 on: September 21, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
At the risk of the whole podcast being abandoned because of mean-spirited comments on this website I would still like to say that Lawro’s Top Tens are desperately unfunny.

They could be Lenny Biscuits Top Tens though, so be grateful.

« Reply #1828 on: September 21, 2020, 08:33:52 PM »
Andy's song in this one. Christ.

« Reply #1829 on: September 21, 2020, 09:25:46 PM »
Oh, how I've missed Neil Hunt.