Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Think I might knock the Patreon aspect of this on the head. Think there's been hardly any Parsnips content in the last 12 months or so, and it looks like they will put them all out eventually anyway. £3 a month that could go to Angelos and Barry or someone instead.

Jittlebags

I need to take a look at Angelos and Barry. Loved Brian and Roger. Pfft!, dark or wot ?

buntyman

I have to say Top Flight Time Machine has been a lot better value for my Patreon pound. Not sure how Sam Delaney's viewed on here - I didn't much like what i saw of his comedy news tv programme but he can be brilliant in podcast form, his recent Roald Dahl and Roy of the Rovers stuff especially.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Delaney is a naturally funny man, some of his flights of fancy are hilarious.

Mr Trumpet

There are too many Delaneys in comedy at the moment, I struggle to keep track of which one's which.

phantom_power

Just caught up on the one from just before Christmas. I love the Phil Jones screenplay. I think Bob has found another long runner there

Jittlebags

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on January 21, 2021, 08:05:52 AM
Delaney is a naturally funny man, some of his flights of fancy are hilarious.

The emergency Christmas vermin episode was great.

Jittlebags

Nouveau Mince, but I'm waiting till tomorrow.

bgmnts

It was a decent episode.

mr. logic

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 18, 2021, 11:40:46 PM
I need to take a look at Angelos and Barry. Loved Brian and Roger. Pfft!, dark or wot ?

Love Brian and Roger too. Can't see this other one- what's it actually called?

Quote from: mr. logic on January 31, 2021, 05:29:08 AM
Love Brian and Roger too. Can't see this other one- what's it actually called?

The all new Angelos and Barry podcast. They did loads before this, but I think the name change came with them moving to Great Big Owl.

This was a decent recent one - https://play.acast.com/s/allnewangelosandbarry/newyearnewyouxxxsexspecial-

It's basically just puerile improvised nonsense bringing in Paul Burrell, David Van Day, Kim Jong Un, Kim Woodburn... Just absolute bollocks about what they're up to. Kim running the local tip, Rhianna shitting herself on the big wheel and so on. I've found it to be consistently funny, but perhaps not to everyone's tastes.

I feel like I can't even be bothered with the new mince/parsnips. I might download all the Parsnips eps I've paid for and not listened to, then sack the payment off.

Ferris

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on January 31, 2021, 02:55:41 PM
I feel like I can't even be bothered with the new mince/parsnips. I might download all the Parsnips eps I've paid for and not listened to, then sack the payment off.

Same boat for me and all. It was great when it started but I can't be arsed with the new eps.

bgmnts

New parsnips just released.

And yeah i suppose it may not be worth it but Bob's comedy is literally the only good thing happening at the moment.

Loved Bob's suicidal Lampard.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

But as Andy said, it was weird hearing a Lampard so at odds with the spoiled Little Lord Fauntleroy version from Top Flight Time Machine. Bob has obviously never listened to it.

sutin

They clearly don't have time and/or desire to create much content right now, they should probably sack off the Patreon.

DrGreggles

It's not as if they charge when there's no Patreon content.

sutin

DrGreggles

Well, it is for those moaning about a lack of content.

Mr_Simnock

I enjoyed the latest cast, not bad at all.

SteveDave

Upon listening to episode 111, I can not believe that Andy is still doing Corbyn "sketches" in February 2021.

Ferris

Quote from: SteveDave on March 22, 2021, 02:40:20 PM
Upon listening to episode 111, I can not believe that Andy is still doing Corbyn "sketches" in February 2021.

Yeah he's usually got such a good instinct for comedy. Baffling!

thugler

Quote from: SteveDave on March 22, 2021, 02:40:20 PM

Well all their characters have no basis in reality do they, so it makes just as much sense as having Steve Mclaren or Beardsley

non capisco

Enjoyed 'Geordie Heat' in the latest one, primarily for
Spoiler alert
the reintroduction of the Stotts voice for Sting
[close]
. Feels like they definitely need some more new segments to keep it thriving.

bgmnts

Quote from: thugler on March 23, 2021, 12:34:16 PM
Well all their characters have no basis in reality do they, so it makes just as much sense as having Steve Mclaren or Beardsley

The difference is the stories evolved. Beardsley was started after he was alleged to have made racist remarks at training or something wasn't it? So he was relevant then, as Corbyn was.

BeardFaceMan

No, Beardsley started before that. At first it was more of an impenetrable impression, the standard one that everyone did, then it evolved into the madness we know and love now. The foreign lads stuff got a mention when it happened though.

Edit - the first Beardsley comp says it starts from ep 50, but thats when he started doing the jokes, Bob did impressions of him for a few eps before that.

SteveDave

Quote from: thugler on March 23, 2021, 12:34:16 PM

I know who the football people are (especially if they played in the 80s) but have no idea if they're still relevant. Corbyn just seems like something that should be dropped. From a height. In a gas cooker full of shit. Onto Andy's fungalow. He doesn't have to be in it when it happens but he needs to be told.

bgmnts

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on March 23, 2021, 02:05:47 PM
No, Beardsley started before that. At first it was more of an impenetrable impression, the standard one that everyone did, then it evolved into the madness we know and love now. The foreign lads stuff got a mention when it happened though.

Edit - the first Beardsley comp says it starts from ep 50, but thats when he started doing the jokes, Bob did impressions of him for a few eps before that.

Could have sworn the first long form story bit was in relation to his racism allegations (his wife abused him that morning or somthing).