Author Topic: Athletico Mince  (Read 277351 times)

Re: Athletico Mince
« Reply #1980 on: June 23, 2021, 08:06:33 PM »
can someone tell me where to find the 'I found it all in Sunderland' song, it has been taken off youtube and I think it was maybe my favourite 3 minutes of Bob

Episode 58, around the 12 minute mark!

« Reply #1981 on: June 23, 2021, 08:18:04 PM »
There was a youtube compilation, now apparently gone, of Bob's Sunderland songs:

"Come to Sunderland"
"Fun Bus"
"Andy Lives in Sunderland"
"Coleen (My Sunderland Girl)"

Maybe some others - they should get it on Bandcamp or whatever. I would buy it.

dr beat

• QUO ARE NOT F*****G REPETITIVE!
« Reply #1982 on: June 25, 2021, 11:13:56 AM »
New compilation out for the Patreons - its unusual...but I liiiiiikkkkee ittttt!

« Reply #1983 on: June 25, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »
Fun Bus is annoyingly catchy.

dr beat

• QUO ARE NOT F*****G REPETITIVE!
« Reply #1984 on: July 01, 2021, 10:42:52 AM »
Maybe one for a separate thread in due course, but I saw yesterday that Bob's book should be out in mid-September.

« Reply #1985 on: July 01, 2021, 11:43:40 AM »
Maybe one for a separate thread in due course, but I saw yesterday that Bob's book should be out in mid-September.

Pre-ordered a signed copy.
Probably looking forward to the audiobook more though.

Angrew Lloyg Wegger

• cast your dance and spill my wee
  • Golden Member
  • I promise to go under it
    • instagram ponce
« Reply #1986 on: August 30, 2021, 01:31:53 AM »
Posting in here cause I don’t think it’s worth a whole thread but there isn’t a dedicated Bob thread but Bob was on the latest Off Menu podcast with James Acaster and Ed Gamble, talking about food and that. Don’t know how people feel about that podcast but I thought that particular episode was an absolute joy, particularly for Bob’s mad surreal tangents and that. Nice little  Peter Beardsley cameo in the second half too.

Anyway back on topic, I’ve been enjoying the Geordie Heat segment a lot in the recent ones

The Roofdog

• you look and are as fat as meat ball
« Reply #1987 on: September 13, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »
Posting in here cause I don’t think it’s worth a whole thread but there isn’t a dedicated Bob thread but Bob was on the latest Off Menu podcast with James Acaster and Ed Gamble, talking about food and that. Don’t know how people feel about that podcast but I thought that particular episode was an absolute joy, particularly for Bob’s mad surreal tangents and that. Nice little  Peter Beardsley cameo in the second half too.

Superb episode. "He's kept the genie on the bench!"

« Reply #1988 on: September 14, 2021, 10:02:54 PM »
Assume Bob just forgot Martin had visited the Beardsleys before when writing the bit for the new episode since it wasn't referenced in any way. Still hilarious though, if kinda similar to the first one. Loved Geordie Heat and Steve and Casper too. Almost makes up for the scarcity of episodes these days.

« Reply #1989 on: September 14, 2021, 10:06:50 PM »
Geordie Heat is reliably fucking hilarious.

Whither Neil Hunt though?

non capisco

• My valve is screaming for appeasement.
    • https://twitter.com/IsThisRoss
« Reply #1990 on: September 17, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
I've felt like it's been running on steam a bit for a period but really enjoyed the latest one, best episode they've done for a long while. Sting with the Stotts' voice and his lute offences (and Andy not being able to contain himself in the background) was the highlight, Steve and Casper's song a very close second.

« Reply #1991 on: September 18, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »
Casper's voice is hilarious. An inspired choice.