Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

Quote from: Epic Bisto on March 07, 2018, 07:40:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRuWdteJjQ
Some kind soul has uploaded two South African compilations. This particular link features my favourite stories as bookends.

DO A LADY DANCE AND SHIT IN YER TIGHTS!!!

Tony Barron voice getting a solid run out there

Epic Bisto

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 07, 2018, 11:49:23 PM

All I could picture was Tony in his shiny suit.

Ferris

Looking forward to the latest Mince, what with Moyes' destroy & exit in full swing.

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 07, 2018, 11:49:23 PM

THIS TOUR IS A BASTARD SHAMBLES!

Bhazor

ColinPopshed

New Mince. Bob's song 'Come To Sunderland' is great.

gmoney

Near crying trying to stop myself laughing on the train at Peter Beardsley's jokes.

Bhazor

Thankfully there's still Andy's Dominic Littlewood impersonation to balance out the funny bits.

phantom_power

I couldn't understand a few of Beardsley's jokes. Could someone translate please?

bgmnts

Think i'm finding this less funny now. Fuck.

Although the Peter Beardsley was merciless.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bhazor on March 21, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
Thankfully there's still Andy's Dominic Littlewood impersonation to balance out the funny bits.

I still like that - the gym I go to has always got BBC1 on in the afternoon, and there's usually a program with Dom on it.  And Andy's not only got the voice and vocal mannerisms down, but he's also spot on with little Dom's character.

Enzo

Bob's Roy Hodgson is scarily good

Quote from: phantom_power on March 22, 2018, 09:42:10 AM
I couldn't understand a few of Beardsley's jokes. Could someone translate please?

I went to into the shop and said "Can I buy a goldfish?".  The guy said "Do you want an aquarium?".  I said "I don't care what starsign it is".

My mate is in love with two schoolbags.  He's bi-satchel.

I phoned the local gym and asked if they could teach me how to do the splits.  He said "Well, how flexible are you?".  I said "I can't make Tuesdays or Thursdays".

I went to the local video shop and I said "Can I borrow Batman Forever?".  He said "No, you have to bring it back tomorrow".

I went into a shop and I said "Can someone sell me a kettle?".  The bloke said "Kenwood".  I said "Where's he, then?"

ColinPopshed

Quote from: bgmnts on March 22, 2018, 10:45:16 AM
Think i'm finding this less funny now. Fuck.

It has changed a bit, it's less random I think. Maybe recently they rattle through their prepared bits and don't have as much lazy nonsense chat / seeing where it takes them, which is ultimately the source of the amazing stuff (McLaren etc). That said, I laughed a lot and have listened to it 3 times...

Blue Jam

Quote from: ColinPopshed on March 22, 2018, 11:01:51 PM
It has changed a bit, it's less random I think. Maybe recently they rattle through their prepared bits and don't have as much lazy nonsense chat / seeing where it takes them, which is ultimately the source of the amazing stuff (McLaren etc). That said, I laughed a lot and have listened to it 3 times...

Wasn't this one re-recorded after Bob sat too far away from the microphone during the first attempt? That said, other recent episodes have alao felt a bit less random so I doubt it was that alone.

I loved Bob's Sunderland song. And I still love Andy's exasperated reactions to all of Bob's criticisms of his hometown.

dr beat

Great episode, lots of highlights, the Sunderland song and Beardsley were the standouts. British Managers Club had some real bite.

phantom_power

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on March 22, 2018, 09:03:48 PM
I went to into the shop and said "Can I buy a goldfish?".  The guy said "Do you want an aquarium?".  I said "I don't care what starsign it is".

My mate is in love with two schoolbags.  He's bi-satchel.

I phoned the local gym and asked if they could teach me how to do the splits.  He said "Well, how flexible are you?".  I said "I can't make Tuesdays or Thursdays".

I went to the local video shop and I said "Can I borrow Batman Forever?".  He said "No, you have to bring it back tomorrow".

I went into a shop and I said "Can someone sell me a kettle?".  The bloke said "Kenwood".  I said "Where's he, then?"

Excellent, thanks

Ferris

British Managers' Club is fantastic - hearing Bob with some real contempt is so surprising and funny. I remember he had similar bite when doing Agnew (former Boro boss) in gangs of the EPL.

"Can you help me tie my laces lads because I haven't got a fucking clue"

Brian Freeze

Ive broken off from some emergency repairs to something important just to post that I've seen Paul Daniels doing the rubber band trick live. Fairly close too. It was cool as fuck.

Carry on!

Gregory Torso

Quote from: bgmnts on March 22, 2018, 10:45:16 AM
Think i'm finding this less funny now.

I was thinking that for the first 20 minutes or so then the Peter Beardsley bit came along and I was in fucking tears.

SteveDave

I was almost blind with tears in Asda at the Peter Beardsley part where he just starts making noises.

DrGreggles

Quote from: gmoney on March 21, 2018, 07:31:27 PM
Near crying trying to stop myself laughing on the train at Peter Beardsley's jokes.

I was actually crying at that. Can't remember laughing that hard in a long time.

Blue Jam

Quote from: SteveDave on March 23, 2018, 02:46:58 PM
I was almost blind with tears in Asda at the Peter Beardsley part where he just starts making noises.

Mr Jam and I listened to this via a bluetooth speaker/colour-changing lamp thing which flashes in different colours to the beat of the music, the rhythm of voices, etc. During the Peter Beardsley bit it was going absolutely mental.

buntyman

I'm still quite enjoying this but agree it's starting to run out of steam and saved by a few good bits. The Sunderland song reminded me a bit of that Harry Hill baby song unfortunately.

Quote from: buntyman on March 26, 2018, 08:03:11 PM
I'm still quite enjoying this but agree it's starting to run out of steam and saved by a few good bits. The Sunderland song reminded me a bit of that Harry Hill baby song unfortunately.

You can tell by the frequency of them that they're running out of steam. They used to release on at least a 2 weekly basis, now it's one a month with sometimes larger gaps between. I reckon they should quit while they're not completely going through the motions.

DrGreggles

I thought it was Bob filming stuff that that had caused the infrequency of the pods.
It happened last year as well.

East of Eden

Would never call Bob Mortimer a mean comedian but his tit fat jokes about Andy seem a bit spikey, not a fan of them.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 26, 2018, 08:30:03 PM
I thought it was Bob filming stuff that that had caused the infrequency of the pods.
It happened last year as well.

Yes, Bob is a busy man. The fact that he still finds time to generate very funny new material for these free podcasts suggests he enjoys doing them.

East of Eden, I really don't think Bob would make those remarks if Andy was genuinely offended by them. One of the things I like about these podcasts is that there's no power imbalance, despite Bob being a professional comedian who's much more famous than Andy. They needle each other, but it's all done in jest. They're obviously friends. I've never detected a trace of genuine nastiness in their, if you will, banter.

non capisco

Quote from: buntyman on March 26, 2018, 08:03:11 PM
The Sunderland song reminded me a bit of that Harry Hill baby song unfortunately.

Nah, it's just in pretend mockery of Andy's hometown for comic effect in the same way Stewart Lee used to pretend he thought the people of Somerset had only just discovered electricity to "wind up" Richard Herring. It's classic double act stuff rather than the blanket cheap punching down of 'I Wanna Baby'. And that wretched Harry Hill song could only dream of including something as great as "Mate, you can't park on the hard standing, that's where me Alsatian does his love makin'".

DrGreggles