Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Bob must have finished filming that fishing thing.

Ferris

Peter Beardsley's jokes Got me, otherwise not that great :(

Epic Bisto

"Billy didn't get me a silver pencil, so to be honest the robot looks a bit shit. I coloured it in brown instead."

Bhazor

Athletico Mince seems to have been taken off Audio Boom.

You think one of the EPL gangs told on him?

magval

the

https://www.acast.com/athleticomince

Quote from: https://twitter.com/AthleticoMince/status/981502537776975875ATTENTION: If you access your Mince episodes through the Audioboom app, unfortunately they're not there any more as we've now moved over to @acast.

I though something funny was going on - couldn't see the new episode on Audioboom, it must've gone up then come back down again. The Audioboom page was still there yesterday.

Wet Blanket

I don't think there's a particular sense of running out of steam, it's always relied on Bob running his jokes into the ground (hilariously) then suddenly hitting on a new thing and adding that into the mix. I like how there's increasingly actual conversations between them about stuff amongst the weirder items, because Bob's take on the world is so great, and Andy is on firmer footing discussing Home Bargains or the price of stew over trying to come up with items equally as funny as Bob's.

I hope using 'proper' adverts isn't a condition of moving over to acast. Those flash American Bose ads interrupted the ramshackle atmosphere of the thing.

the

Moving also seems to have fooked my ability to download them for my mp3 player.

Bhazor

Well its good they haven't been fucked by content protection or something.

bgmnts

Decent episode, although those ads made me want to vomit.

Bhazor

Is it just me or is the audio balance totally wankered in that episode. Volume is all over the place.

Still decent episode though despite reusing the Beardsley joke book bit.

"Alright Bob, you look a right terrible weak bitch today"

Quote from: bgmnts on April 04, 2018, 08:39:01 PM
Decent episode, although those ads made me want to vomit.

Got one about how tight pants and periods can lead to a chafey fanny. So that's a good fact to know isn't it?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Bhazor on April 06, 2018, 01:14:24 AM
Still decent episode though despite reusing the Beardsley joke book bit.

Despite!?
I could listen to that for fucking hours!

phantom_power

I thought the gangs of the EPL was one of the best ever (don't pass to Vardy). Is he going somewhere with the big nose references?

I wish Andy would give up on the "Do you think <80s band> still have <title of one of their songs>?" bit. It is torturous.

SteveDave

The last episode was so quiet I couldn't listen to it when I was outside. The only podcast I can listen to on the Tube is the Elis James and John Robins one. Possibly because it's from a radio show with proper mics and equipment.

SimonJT

Something about the Beardsley bit in the last few episodes reminded me of a Blue Jam sketch - not in material, particularly, but with the background music and the sound of Andy's pained attempt to contain laughter, it sounded like one of those sketches where Julia Davis is putting people through some sort of agonising therapy.

I don't know what my point is there really. These have become my favourite sketches though having felt a bit lukewarm at first. His wife's voice is a joy - and very enjoyable to do.

bgmnts

New Mince!

The Mick McCarthy had me laughing hard i must say.

Edit - the Peter Beardsley had me howling.

gmoney

"The lasses running round like the prawns in District 9"

Ferris

Didn't get Beardsley's "Hawaiian Pizza" gag. Otherwise it was very funny stuff.

Glad Andy has dropped all his shit.

bgmnts

Ferris

Pseudopath

Loved the Taskmaster song callback. Beautiful.

I fucking love Beardsley's Middlesbrough wife. I haven't heard the phrase "You fucking Doyle" used in the 20 years since I left the Teesside area so it had a Proustian affect on me.

bgmnts

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 14, 2018, 01:14:49 AM
I fucking love Beardsley's Middlesbrough wife. I haven't heard the phrase "You fucking Doyle" used in the 20 years since I left the Teesside area so it had a Proustian affect on me.

I have never been to Teesside, furthest north i've been is Lancashire, so i have no idea what a doyle is but fuck me its funny.

Ferris

I like his downtrodden responses: "...well I'm sorry I went in the garden without your permission like, but I was staring out the window..." etc

That, and "one Peter Beardsley, there's only one Peter Beardsley..."

SimonJT

Love the addition of Mick McCarthy, and Beardsley is reliably excellent. The Lawrenson bit was a bit shit though - the unnecessary relaying of lines to Andy is more annoying than amusing, and I miss Robson Green's voice, which always made me piss myself.

Quote from: bgmnts on April 14, 2018, 01:21:59 AM
I have never been to Teesside, furthest north i've been is Lancashire, so i have no idea what a doyle is but fuck me its funny.

Nobody else knows what a doyle is either, it's negative by implication.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 14, 2018, 09:12:05 PM
Nobody else knows what a doyle is either, it's negative by implication.

I'm from teesside, & I recall this expression emerging during a repeat run of 'the professionals' in the early 80s, by which time the character's daft permy hair had become deeply unfashionable. I could be wrong though.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on April 14, 2018, 10:03:20 PM
I'm from teesside, & I recall this expression emerging during a repeat run of 'the professionals' in the early 80s, by which time the character's daft permy hair had become deeply unfashionable. I could be wrong though.

Which part of Teesside are you from? I'm not really from Teesside, more from the Darlo area but I can't be arsed to explain the distinction to none North East dwellers.