Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I sometimes wonder if Andy doesn't read our stuff here.  Quite a few of his references are to little things mentioned on the forum, the two most recent are the Eric Bristow Arrows documentary and the 'Steve Wright Clambering Out Of His Boot' pictures.  Could be coincidence of course but if not then it'd be great if he registered and chipped in.  That'd be nice, wouldn't it Andy?

bgmnts

Its missing McClaren and Casper, as well as Alderman.

One of the funniest things ever in the podcast was Alderman related a few episodes back. Something like:

"Looks like i'll have to present the award, and pose for the photographs, its such a shaaaame"

Makes me laugh every time.

PaulTMA

Is McClaren / Casper done, or is he just resting them?

buntyman

Beardsley was a lot more comprehensible in the last one

Ferris

Quote from: buntyman on May 06, 2018, 11:39:40 PM
Beardsley was a lot more comprehensible in the last one

Has the "ticking clock" sound effect been a recent development? I only noticed in the most recent monologue. It's very good either way.

Some of the Sunderland songs are quite catchy. Every now and again "COLEEN YOU ARE MY SUNDERLAND GIRL, 4FT 8 AND 16 STONE!" bursts stridently into my head unexpectedly.

Captain Z

Can you see the sky TV van
and the donkey by the caravan
the fat bloke by the blue drink stand

The Culture Bunker

The "Come to Sunderland" one does have a tendency to come to my mind at all manner of random moments.

"How mate, get out of me wheelbarrow, I need it to take the kids to the chemists - they've got the runs!"

Ferris

Had this on repeat on the way to work. Laughing like a mad thing to myself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2a5z4OkIHg

Replies From View

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 06, 2018, 01:58:50 PM
I sometimes wonder if Andy doesn't read our stuff here.  Quite a few of his references are to little things mentioned on the forum, the two most recent are the Eric Bristow Arrows documentary and the 'Steve Wright Clambering Out Of His Boot' pictures.  Could be coincidence of course but if not then it'd be great if he registered and chipped in.  That'd be nice, wouldn't it Andy?

Unless he knocked it on the head after he stole "get in grave", I suspect he visits us on occasion.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2018, 01:41:17 PM
Had this on repeat on the way to work. Laughing like a mad thing to myself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2a5z4OkIHg

Colleen, you are my Sunderland girl
Sixteen stone and four foot six
Your vape smelt of onions
And your house of Alsatian piss

non capisco

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 08, 2018, 02:33:28 PM
The "Come to Sunderland" one does have a tendency to come to my mind at all manner of random moments.

"How mate, get out of me wheelbarrow, I need it to take the kids to the chemists - they've got the runs!"

"How mate, ya can't park on the hand standing, that's where me Alsatian does his lovemaaaakin'!"

Does he record the backing tracks for these himself or they all him singing over some kind of public domain library music? 'Come To Sunderland' is a genuinely catchy as fuck banger.

DrGreggles

Nothing tops 'Barry Homeowner's Lament'.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: non capisco on May 09, 2018, 10:59:58 PM
"How mate, ya can't park on the hand standing, that's where me Alsatian does his lovemaaaakin'!"

Does he record the backing tracks for these himself or they all him singing over some kind of public domain library music? 'Come To Sunderland' is a genuinely catchy as fuck banger.

I think it's probably just Bob singing over some library music, although I do like the thought of him roping some musician pals into recording these songs for him. As far as I'm aware, Bob doesn't play piano or guitar, but he certainly has a gift for simple, catchy melodies.

Mind you, if he is singing over library music on Come To Sunderland, then he's just copied the pre-existing keyboard melody. Either way, his songs are fantastic.

BeardFaceMan

What about the theme tune, that they use for intros and outros and stuff? Does anyone know what it is or is it just a piece of random library music?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 09, 2018, 11:35:59 PM
What about the theme tune, that they use for intros and outros and stuff? Does anyone know what it is or is it just a piece of random library music?

It must be. It's a piece of cheap, generic 'Far East' muzak which Andy presumably found online and decided to use as the incongruous theme tune for his football podcast - which is why it always makes me smile whenever it pipes up.

Ferris

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 09, 2018, 08:55:56 PM
Colleen, you are my Sunderland girl
Sixteen stone and four foot six
Your vape smelt of onions
And your house of Alsatian piss

My favourite for a long time was

There's an outdoor toilet by the KFC
It's a hole in a bench with a bucket underneath

Or the line in Sunderland girl about sleeping next to her dad using a chicken as a pillow. Or "how mate me wife's left me for the bloke from the vaaaape shop". The gleeful 'down the barrel' delivery really sells it. So much to love in there.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 09, 2018, 11:35:59 PM

I'd imagine it's all stock royalty-free music like from Pond5 or somewhere. Dunno tho.

Hard to beat the relish in Bob's voice, singing 'Sunderland is a FUCKING NIGHTMARE!'...

The Culture Bunker

I think it's the common themes that paint such a wonderful picture of Sunderland:

- Pint of Blue (?)
- People shitting in bins
- Dog in a pram
- Vape Shop
- KFC

Bit like Bob's stories of South Africa, which always send to resolve with forced insertion of items up the jacksie.

Captain Z

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 10, 2018, 12:00:24 AM
- Pint of Blue (?)

You mean 'blue drink'?

2 for £1 at Sports Direct

PaulTMA

I'm sure the Barry Homeowner song backing track is something by Stephen Jones of Babybird, of whom Bob is the second biggest celeb fan. Don't know what though.

Bhazor

I'm sure Bob is just using some generic loops or demo tracks from Fruity Loops or Garage Band. I definitely hear a lot of familiar stuff in Found It All In Sunderland that you can hear in the Planet Coaster main theme. Which I'm sure steals a whole bunch from generic wistful indie musicians who use elaborate software to emulate the sound of one man playing a guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IidS719MxbA

I'm kind of missing the thrown together/improv songs like McClaren's comfort fit shirt and Bright Lights. It's like a pure distilation of what Bob finds funny. With him cracking up everytime.

The colour and the details really brings out your arm freckles.
They're not arm freckles they're dried on pieces of fucking (gasp) snake sick!

The Roofdog

The way Beardsley's wife says "Yer a good lad Pete-ah" never fails to crack me up.

phantom_power

"The lasses walk around like the prawns from District 9" is my favourite line from a Sunderland song

gmoney

Quote from: phantom_power on May 10, 2018, 11:24:39 AM
"The lasses walk around like the prawns from District 9" is my favourite line from a Sunderland song

God, that's such a funny image. I also love the shift in tone that Beardsley's wife does. I listen to the first appearance of Peter the other week where he was barely intelligible. He's made quite the journey.

Quote from: gmoney on May 10, 2018, 01:02:57 PM
God, that's such a funny image. I also love the shift in tone that Beardsley's wife does. I listen to the first appearance of Peter the other week where he was barely intelligible. He's made quite the journey.

It's the abruptly cheery and bright "Yer a good lad Peter!" that gives her such a frightening edge.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Captain Z on May 10, 2018, 12:05:29 AM
You mean 'blue drink'?

2 for £1 at Sports Direct
Mystery solved! He does sing "pint of blue" at least once, so I'd assumed it was some weird kind of beer particular to Wearside.

ollyboro

I assumed by blue drink he was referring to an alcopop. If Bob meant a Sports Direct drink; he's done his research.

Ferris

Isn't it just any generic hyper-processed synthetic sugary beverage (alcoholic or otherwise)? I always imagined it was tesco value cherryade or similar

The Culture Bunker

If it's some pish you can get cheap in Sports Direct, it makes sense, as Bob does sing about how the people of Sunderland favour their products.