Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Something I've only picked up on recently and I've been greatly enjoying is Peter Beardsley saying people (e.g. his wife) look at him 'like an advert'.

Ferris

Jordan Henderson's mad turns of phrase always make me laugh. "You know and everything I do, I do it for you like and I'm not even lying!"

Mental silliness.

Blinder Data

Is Bob Mortimer a fan of Sleaford Mods? The Troy Deeney song was a v good pastiche of their oeuvre

Captain Z

Spoiler alert
"Eyes wide apart... (it's about Troy Deeney)..."

Nick Knowles' pronunciation of 'mange'.
[close]

kidsick5000

I think it's Bob's unhinged voice that makes me love the Jordan Henderson track so good.
I've been listening to it a lot. "I'M A NUT JOB, I'M A SOFT LAD" is filling my mind

DrGreggles

Maybe it's because I don't really watch pre or post match interviews any more, but I genuinely don't know what most of the 'Gangs of the EPL' players sound like.
So, in my head, they all sound exactly like that in real life. And this can only be a good thing.

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 13, 2018, 07:53:16 AM
Maybe it's because I don't really watch pre or post match interviews any more, but I genuinely don't know what most of the 'Gangs of the EPL' players sound like.
So, in my head, they all sound exactly like that in real life. And this can only be a good thing.

To be honest I know what they sound like but Bob's versions of them are much better. The idea that they are all a bunch of soft, daft, spoilt kids fills me with joy.

PlanktonSideburns

Nick nowles pronunciation of arsehole, made a fool out of me on the tram

And that fucking henderson song, was the fastest I've ever laughed at a comedy song I think. What an age we live in

Cuellar

Yeah really loved the Knowles 'trumpeter's arseholllee'

Suddenly remembered Bob's anecdote about Oliver Reed shouting "Get up that chimney, sailor!" at him in a pub in Kent  and got the giggles big time.

amnesiac

the Jordan Henderson song is on YT with graphix and everything for any casual readers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7w1ajC5taM

Although it doesn't have at all the same impact as when it started blasting out in the podcast and was just pure fucking joy!

Chollis

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 17, 2018, 12:27:52 PM
Nick nowles pronunciation of arsehole, made a fool out of me on the tram

And that fucking henderson song, was the fastest I've ever laughed at a comedy song I think. What an age we live in

jeeesus, lost it the second it started

The Bumlord

Quote from: Cuellar on September 18, 2018, 08:12:19 PM
Yeah really loved the Knowles 'trumpeter's arseholllee'

Suddenly remembered Bob's anecdote about Oliver Reed shouting "Get up that chimney, sailor!" at him in a pub in Kent  and got the giggles big time.

I'm intrigued by Bob's occasional showbiz name-drops. Why was he in the pub with Reed?

Cuellar

I don't think he explained. It also took place in the Cotswolds, not Kent. My mistake.

It's entirely possible that it never happened of course.

Did he really have dinner with Audrey Hepburn once? Who can say. Even his obviously fake stories are delivered in such a way as to make me wonder if they did actually happen. Like Susanna Hoffs falling off the back of his bike and him going back to find her having drawn on her face with pen. Surely that's not real. But is it?

i think about that Susanna Hoffs story all the time and I can't decide if it's true or not. He tells it in such a genuine way but it's fucking absurd. Either way it's a hoot

one of my favourite recent bits is in a McClaren story where Bob says that McClaren is now a London guy, then sings "hey there London guy, with your big bag of pepper and a lovely smile" and starts corpsing in the last line. It didn't sound like it was a planned part of the story at all which makes it even better

Bhazor

Blinder Data

So glad it's back. Listening to it in public is playing with fire, so many times I had to stifle a guffaw

PlanktonSideburns

Great stuff - Andy on top form

Bhazor

Andy finally getting some proper laughs. Kudos to doing some actual Warhammer research.

PlanktonSideburns

Even the title warhammer made me do a little smile, a concept so removed  from these two lads.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Bhazor on November 23, 2018, 11:03:21 PM
Andy finally getting some proper laughs. Kudos to doing some actual Warhammer research.

Yeah, the Warhammer bit was really good. I hope Bob tries some new characters (much as I love the Beardsley monologues).

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 23, 2018, 10:02:48 PM
So glad it's back. Listening to it in public is playing with fire, so many times I had to stifle a guffaw

Stifling failure this morn on the fun bus due to the cemetery joke.

Replies From View

Quote from: Bhazor on November 23, 2018, 11:03:21 PM

I wonder which forum he nicked it from.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I didn't really know what was going on during the Warhammer sketch, but it made me laugh anyway. Listening to this pair crack each other up is delightful.

Also, Andy's unctuous guru voice is very funny.

the

Great to have em back. I completely lost it over > Beardsley's wife threatening to give him "another fuckin foster home haircut" <.

Captain Z

I missed this so much, great timing as I'd almost exhausted the various compilations on Youtube.

Really funny episode, I could see where the fish tale was going, Roy Hodgson brilliant, and the return of the Scottish stories!

Enzo

That cemetery joke is a blinder

PlanktonSideburns

Yea I'm using that in work tomorrow

Cuellar

I could sense where the fishing story was going, but I bloody loved it nonetheless. "You're a fucking tart"

Also loved Roy Hodgson.

Blue Jam

"Have you been on the Dark Web yet Robert?"