Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 01:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Wasn't that into the Christmas ep just released but the Beardsley stuff was fucking quality.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on December 21, 2018, 11:02:59 PM
the Beardsley stuff was fucking quality.

Was listening in Morrisons and burst out laughing at "Christmas can fuck off back to Israel!"

Shouldn't listen to this in public.

Jittlebags

PB is fucking great. Bob can struggle for voices where multiple characters are involved, but Beardsley fits him like a glove. 

non capisco

Yeah, not vintage Mince (they should probably knock Roy Hodgson on the head now but suspect they won't) but Beardsley was as sublime as ever.

Travis B

Great episode, specially their chat about the Netflix Sunderland doc. It was great to hear them talk about a tv programme that affects one of them as a fan of the club, and to have a tiny break from the characters and the piss taking (as fantastic as that is).

With you on the Hodgson bit, not Bob's strongest.

magval

Quote from: Travis B on December 22, 2018, 10:47:43 PM
Great episode, specially their chat about the Netflix Sunderland doc. It was great to hear them talk about a tv programme that affects one of them as a fan of the club, and to have a tiny break from the characters and the piss taking (as fantastic as that is).

Came in to say the same thing. Beardsley was brilliant this week.

Captain Crunch

My guess is that's the Union Jack Club. 

I see the chicken dippas but where is the blue drink?

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on December 25, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
I see the chicken dippas but where is the blue drink?

Andy quaffed that as soon as he set eyes on it, hence his sweat-on.

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on December 25, 2018, 05:19:07 PM
Andy quaffed that as soon as he set eyes on it, hence his sweat-on.

His interestingly spherical bonce has the sheen of a cheap sausage that has been left in a humid car for a day.

godber

Quote from: Travis B on December 22, 2018, 10:47:43 PM
With you on the Hodgson bit, not Bob's strongest.

I also assumed it was Bob first time I heard it, but it's Andy, no? My favourite Andy character by a long shot.

Ferris

Quote from: godber on December 26, 2018, 02:15:03 PM
I also assumed it was Bob first time I heard it, but it's Andy, no? My favourite Andy character by a long shot.

Yeah, because it's scripted by Bob.

magval

DrGreggles

Andy's not allowed any credit on this thread, so all the funny stuff has to be Bob's.

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 26, 2018, 04:15:15 PM
Andy's not allowed any credit on this thread, so all the funny stuff has to be Bob's.

They're both clearly reading off a script for those pieces, and Bob introduces and leads the conversations. Andy always seems slightly surprised when Roy is "sighted" outside. It's not a massive stretch to connect the dots and suggest Bob is the one scripting it, although maybe it's a massive double-bluff and actually Andy is writing it all. I don't think it is though.

Andy gets all the credit he deserves in these threads, which isn't much. I defended him earlier in the thread though as a lot of the stick he gets seems unwarranted.

kilgore

Surprisingly I laughed hardest at Andy's bits on this one; Woy and Joe Swash.

Old Nehamkin

Nah, I reckon the Hodgson stuff comes from Andy. I can't really recognise Bob's voice in it and I suspect he's got enough on his plate with all his own characters without also writing segments wholesale for Andy. Could be wrong though!

bgmnts

Yeah I never thought otherwise; Hodgson is Andy's work. It doesn't have the depth of Bob's stuff.

godber

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 26, 2018, 04:26:57 PM
Andy always seems slightly surprised when Roy is "sighted" outside.

Surely he's feigning surprise, thought that was all the more proof it's his creation and he's acting like it ain't no thing.

the

Can we hurry up and deduce who wrote which exact word, so that I can fortify my pointless squeamishness over one contributor being more comedically favourable than the other

godber

Not just the words, all that corpsing and giggling is clearly scripted, but by whom?!

Ferris

Quote from: godber on December 26, 2018, 09:33:20 PM
Not just the words, all that corpsing and giggling is clearly scripted, but by whom?!

The unmentioned third-party who writes and scripts all of it. The fact that people sound genuinely surprised or corpsing is only part of the feigning on behalf of the other 2, and thus only further proves my theory.

Replies From View

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 25, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

My guess is that's the Union Jack Club.

I always assumed Andy was only in his early 20s for some reason.

SteveDave

I always imagined he was bearded. And that he looked more like James Whale.

Twed

East of Eden

Andy sings one of his brilliant parody songs to the tune of an old pop song, adding the lyrics "I feel nothing", does anyone know what that pop song was?

the

The King of Rock 'n' Roll by Prefab Sprout.

East of Eden

Quote from: the on December 30, 2018, 05:23:30 PM
The King of Rock 'n' Roll by Prefab Sprout.

Great stuff. That is the song.

Captain Crunch

Heads up for Number 73, the episode not the show.