Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

phantom_power

Quote from: all male israel on April 13, 2019, 10:12:23 PM

To be fair to Andy I actually quite like his Corbyn and the "ask me" bit, though it's more a sort of wry amusement than something that actually makes me laugh like Bob does every time

Even that is spoiled for me as it seems to be borne from Andy's dislike of Corbyn. His comedy is very much from a negative place whereas Bob always finds the humanity in his characters. The only funny thing about Warhammer is Hodgson saying "Warhammer" as the rest is just him reading a wikipedia entry interspersed with swearing.

Twed

Quote from: phantom_power on April 16, 2019, 04:09:45 PM
Even that is spoiled for me as it seems to be borne from Andy's dislike of Corbyn.
Exactly. I think I'd really enjoy the "Seen you!" etc. stuff if it came from a place other than irrational hatred. Bob would be able to do it in a way that lampooned how somebody might be spiteful about Corbyn. Andy is just being directly spiteful about Corbyn.

lebowskibukowski

Anyone see the Mince Twitter poll about what compilation they would like to see on Athletico Parsnip(s)?

Last I saw, "Andy's songs" had 7% of the vote.

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on April 18, 2019, 10:02:25 AM
Anyone see the Mince Twitter poll about what compilation they would like to see on Athletico Parsnip(s)?

Finished at 6%, which feels about right, as does Beardsley clinching it with 35% of the vote. Luvly lumpy lumpy Beardsley compilation to look forward to.

the

Quote from: Twed on April 16, 2019, 04:49:07 PMI think I'd really enjoy the "Seen you!" etc. stuff if it came from a place other than irrational hatred. Bob would be able to do it in a way that lampooned how somebody might be spiteful about Corbyn. Andy is just being directly spiteful about Corbyn.

The thing that characterises those Corbyn bits is the idea that he is boastful and aggressive. Seeing as that bears little relation to his actual persona, you can hardly call it spiteful.

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on April 18, 2019, 10:02:25 AMAnyone see the Mince Twitter poll about what compilation they would like to see on Athletico Parsnip(s)?

That's pretty obviously a joke suggestion, given Bob's hatred for them. Andy has his tongue firmly in his cheek when he suggests it in the recent announcement.

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: the on April 18, 2019, 10:42:44 AM

That's pretty obviously a joke suggestion, given Bob's hatred for them. Andy has his tongue firmly in his cheek when he suggests it in the recent announcement.

That's taken all the fun out of my hate-laugh...

lebowskibukowski

Actually, hate-laugh is a bit strong. I'm downgrading to a disdain-giggle.

shiftwork2

Bit of a tangent but I watched the episode of '24 Hours in Police Custody' that Bob mentioned and it's an extremely compelling bit of telly.

Twed

Quote from: the on April 18, 2019, 10:42:44 AM
The thing that characterises those Corbyn bits is the idea that he is boastful and aggressive. Seeing as that bears little relation to his actual persona, you can hardly call it spiteful.
Rooted in Andy thinking that Corbyn should pipe down and stop being demanding of others in politics. Reducing pointing out economic unfairness to pettiness.

I think it's Patreon-only, but the Peter supercut is incredible listening. It doesn't get to be too much at all.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Twed on April 21, 2019, 10:11:30 PM
I think it's Patreon-only, but the Peter supercut is incredible listening. It doesn't get to be too much at all.

It's hilariously tragic.

Captain Z

I was going to ask if it's any different from the fan-made Compilations that have already been uploaded to Youtube, but I see those have all but disappeared now.

Twed

I love "looking at me like I'm an advert". That is an inspired turn of phrase, and having the comedy chops to just know that it's something the listener will accept without explanation is a good example of what makes Bob a treasure.

phantom_power

How does it work with early episodes for subscribers when you use podcast software to listen to them? Does it pop up early on your app of choice or do you have to download it from Patreon?

Quote from: phantom_power on April 23, 2019, 09:12:09 AM
How does it work with early episodes for subscribers when you use podcast software to listen to them? Does it pop up early on your app of choice or do you have to download it from Patreon?

Patreon send you a custom RSS feed which you can paste into your podcast app, normally just into the regular podcast search bar, and you subscribe to that. (This doesn't work for Spotify or Acast.)

DrGreggles

bgmnts

The idea of Lawro's son pissing himself at his dad being charicatured is lovely.

New Mince today, get in. It's been on a good run of form lately, don't know why.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on April 29, 2019, 01:06:27 PM
New Mince today, get in. It's been on a good run of form lately, don't know why.

The return of McLaren?

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 29, 2019, 01:08:08 PM
The return of McLaren?

Actually the highlight of the past few episodes was the stealth South African story. Had me in fits. But yeah hitting form with McLaren, Beardsley, Adrian Lewis et al.

SteveDave

I like how Steve McLaren has turned into Mavis from Coronation Street.

The him from Homes Under The Hammer bit was glorious too.

phantom_power

If you haven't spewed up, you haven't turned up

I love the little minor key way Bob sings "give me just a little more time" in his quiz titles

Jittlebags

Quote from: SteveDave on April 30, 2019, 01:25:07 PM

Mister Ferr-nannn    deeeezzz

phantom_power

I stumped up for the Parsnips in the end and am glad I did. It is like another episode of Mince and bonus compilations as well

non capisco

Quote from: SteveDave on April 30, 2019, 01:25:07 PM

McLaren and Casper always provide the laughs for me. Another highlight was hahahaha David hahahaha Seaman and the return of The Laughter Emporium. For the love of fuck please drop those stinking Bananarama bits though.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Bob sounded genuinely bored when Andy launched into the latest Bananarama bit.

David hahahaha Seaman was great. As usual, I only have a vague idea of who he is, I know what he looks like, but in the space of a couple of minutes Bob managed to create a very funny character.

Twed

I don't like the Bananarama bits because it's similar to that "Peter" bit Bob did with Vic. I don't like Andy being a Vic stand-in.