Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 30, 2019, 11:53:12 PM
Bob sounded genuinely bored when Andy launched into the latest Bananarama bit.

I find them intensely unfunny and quite creepy and was bothered that Bob was playing along with them, at least he went "Oh, jesus, sorry, ladies and gentlemen" at the start of the latest one I suppose. I can usually surf over Andy's duff contributions to get to the gold but that bit is just unpleasant.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: non capisco on May 01, 2019, 12:16:36 AM
I find them intensely unfunny and quite creepy and was bothered that Bob was playing along with them, at least he went "Oh, jesus, sorry, ladies and gentlemen" at the start of the latest one I suppose. I can usually surf over Andy's duff contributions to get to the gold but that bit is just unpleasant.

They just zip over my head without going in - what was the unpleasantness in the last one?

non capisco

I dunno, I just find it instinctively queasy. The annoying sub-Vic & Bob character voice Andy puts on and the only 'joke' being he's subjugating a girl band in some hazily defined captor/prisoner situation. Andy can make a great foil for Bob and the podcast wouldn't exist without him but that bit sets my teeth on edge, it's so deadening and witless.

Jittlebags

Fucks sake. Just enjoy it or don't bother.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 02, 2019, 12:02:49 AM

That's not a rule at all.

There should be a version of Athletico Mince with Andy edited out.

non capisco

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 02, 2019, 12:02:49 AM

I still enjoy most of it, am I not permitted to talk about parts of it I don't on a comedy discussion board?

non capisco

Double post, y'knaaaaa

SteveDave

Quote from: Replies From View on May 02, 2019, 07:41:49 AM
There should be a version of Athletico Mince with Andy edited out.

Patreon $10 per month.

PlanktonSideburns

Shit Good Nose

Two no doubt controversial opinions, but fuck you all anyway...

1 - I quite enjoy the Bangles/Bananarama bits;
2 - Bob's quizzes are starting to grate

Twed

Give them just a little more time.

gmoney

Roy Hodgson has become Jeremy Corbyn.

PlanktonSideburns

have the sunderland songs been taken off youtube as theyre part of the parsnips deal? not a complaint, just missing thems sunderland songs, might have to cough up

PlanktonSideburns

ah man, i couldnt fine the

SUNDERLAND IS A FUCKING NIGHTMARE

one before, and its there now! thanks, theyre really cheering up my workplace at the moment

SteveDave

Has anyone subscribed to Parsnips? Is it worth it?

phantom_power

Yes and yes. There is a great bloke from homes under the hammer bit with Leroy Sane and a Q&A with Peter Beardsley

Twed

It's not as well produced. Seems like it's made with less care.

DrGreggles

All the episodes without ads make it worthwhile on its own.

phantom_power

Quote from: Twed on May 08, 2019, 09:32:49 PM
It's not as well produced. Seems like it's made with less care.

It is the first one, and it still has a fair bit of good stuff from Bob.

Twed

Quote from: phantom_power on May 08, 2019, 09:35:07 PM
It is the first one, and it still has a fair bit of good stuff from Bob.
Yeah, but it's not like they don't know how to make Athletico Mince. It was lacking music, etc., making it feel like cutting room floor stuff. The content itself was fine.

SteveDave

Quote from: phantom_power on May 08, 2019, 09:30:08 PM
Yes and yes. There is a great bloke from homes under the hammer bit with Leroy Sane and a Q&A with Peter Beardsley

Will you tape it for me?

phantom_power

I have had it recorded into a number of build-a-bear teddies and will send them when I have chosen outfits for them all

DoesNotFollow

In regards to Andy being often a bit crap: I think that works to Mince's favour somewhat.

phantom_power

The new one had me laughing out loud on the dog walk this afternoon

DrGreggles

Quote from: phantom_power on May 10, 2019, 09:39:00 PM
The new one had me laughing out loud on the dog walk this afternoon

Just embarrassed myself in the supermarket laughing at a bit in the Beardsley story.
Completely lost it.

alan nagsworth

Does anyone else think that when Bob reacts wearily/disdainfully towards any of Andy's bits, he genuinely means it, but he gets away with it by pretending it's a "bit"? I do. I mean, he never laughs at anything Andy does. Andy on the other hand frequently cracks up laughing at Bob's stuff.

Not listened to this in ages and really should catch up.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 11, 2019, 06:01:04 PM
I mean, he never laughs at anything Andy does. Andy on the other hand frequently cracks up laughing at Bob's stuff.

Bob always laughs at the Guru (except for when he asks about Bob's waterworks), he REALLY laughs at Andy's Slaughterhouse waiter and Mark Lawrenson (appreciate those are probs basically scripted by Bob, but it's obviously Andy's delivery that makes both of them), I seem to remember him chuckling at "JOE SWASH!", and he's laughed at least a couple of times at Roy Hodgson.

Oh, and one of the Dom Littlewood things he enjoyed as well, but I can't remember if it was real or fake or who's the prick.