Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

New Mince Alert!

Get. Fucking. In.

NoOffenceLynn

I hope it has Beardsley in it, you know like... The podcast has distracted me from staring out the window of me trip home from work (while trying not to laugh) you know like...

bgmnts

'kin 'ell that white harts half time dressing room bit was amazing.

Pochetinto singing Shaddapa You Face 😂

SteveDave

It's been chanting "MONEY MONEY MONEY" and licking my lapel all morning.

alan nagsworth

Finally catching up. My god. This isn't a startling revelation of a comment but I have to still say that the Beardsley stuff is among the funniest shit I've ever heard. The stuff his wife calls him. "Midnight creeper". "Spooky little bitch". Unreal.

DrGreggles

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 15, 2019, 12:49:17 PM
Finally catching up. My god. This isn't a startling revelation of a comment but I have to still say that the Beardsley stuff is among the funniest shit I've ever heard. The stuff his wife calls him. "Midnight creeper". "Spooky little bitch". Unreal.

The bit at the bus stop in the latest Beardsley story made me laugh as hard as at anything I can remember. I was completely gone.

bgmnts

It is fucking gold isn't it?

Personally though, I think the absolute hardest i've laughed is the Steve McClaren restaurant showdown. Tears rolling down my face at the world foods in ASDA
Steve: Hello love, you off skiing then?
Fat lass: Ahhh fuck off ya watery twat. Listen i'm in a rush so i've ordered the four bird roast with a side plate of pork chops for me and a bowl of custard for you off the kids menu IS THAT OKAY?
And this is just one episode after the Alderman and the apricots story. Another absolute groin wrecker.

Peak mince, maybe.

In fact, I must say I really miss Alderman. Bob's Alderman voice is brilliant. "Robert! Robert!"
It is infinitely funnier with Bob's delivery. I wish I could be a tenth as naturally funny as him.

alan nagsworth

phantom_power

So much of how I say things is now defined by Mince.

That's nice isn't it
Robert
Yah yah yah yah
THANK YOU!
Anything management speak said in the voice of Barry Homeowner
Being in a right fluffery buffery
It's unusual, but I like it

DrGreggles

There's a Mr Fernandez at work.
Never found his name funny until recently.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on May 15, 2019, 03:36:39 PM
So much of how I say things is now defined by Mince.

That's nice isn't it
Robert
Yah yah yah yah
THANK YOU!
Anything management speak said in the voice of Barry Homeowner
Being in a right fluffery buffery
It's unusual, but I like it
Watching the latest Man United fiasco in the pub at the weekend, I did say (without thinking) "I do declare that Mark Rashford is playing like he has a case of the vapours", to many strange looks.

phantom_power

That sort of thing really shows Bob's genius. Rashford speaking like a soft southern gentleman makes no logical sense but just seems so right. Like Vardy being a smooth talking smugling

Captain Z

I think I shall forevermore refer to that bird feed as 'pecking fat'.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Captain Z on May 15, 2019, 11:14:50 PM
I think I shall forevermore refer to that bird feed as 'pecking fat'.

Reminds me to take some pocket meat into work tomorrow.

phantom_power

And of course any big headed person will always be "sniper's dream"

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 15, 2019, 01:45:11 PM
The bit at the bus stop in the latest Beardsley story made me laugh as hard as at anything I can remember. I was completely gone.

Gloomy faced satchel full of shite is my new favourite insult.

I'm always listening to podcasts while walking somewhere and Mince makes it an absolute mission to stop myself sniggering and bursting out laughing in the middle of crowded streets.

I joined this site purely to discuss the wonderful Athletico Mince.

I love reading other people's comments about Bob. Someone mentioned how great it is that he can just drop in a line like, "She looked at me like I was an advert". So obscure, yet no explanation needed. In fact, no explanation could ever do it justice.

Beardsley is always a joy. His missis laying into his creepy fuuuckan haircut never fails to have me in stitches.

I miss Jamie Vardy. No idea why, but I loved that voice so much. Is there anything better than Bob doing a room full of 12 people desperately trying to nail every characters accent.

I feel like I could listen to talk about anything and be entertained. It was genuinely enjoyable hearing him waffle on about fridges and other electrical appliances in earlier episodes.

I know it's been said a thousand times but Andy's bits are woeful. I think he's pretty good in normal conversation. He's actually a witty bloke. But Corbyn, Littlewood, Lenny fucking biscuits...all absolute shite. The guru is about the only thing he's done that I can stand to listen to without skipping. And thank god they dropped the Bananarama bit. That was desperately bad. His bit in the first Slaughters was absolutely brilliant. I've got to give him some credit for that.

Sorry, I shouldn't end on a negative. Such a great podcast. Hopefully the emergence of Athletico Parsnips suggests that they plan to keep it up for a while yet.

PlanktonSideburns

It's a good point his patter with Bob is great, he's just putting sketch comedy stuff out there with no editor, next to someone who's been doing that sort of thing for years

phantom_power

There is nothing more heart-warming in life than listening to Bob try to remember what accent a footballer or manager is supposed to have, then grasping for it and finally getting there.

alan nagsworth

Bob himself would probably argue that there's nowt more heartwarming than a triple bypass.

Who lays carpets in the loft in the middle of the night? It's certainly not a UK thing.

bgmnts

QuoteJust written my favourite ever Mince song... it's from Steve McClaren to Mr Fernandez... in next podcast

Mince Twitter feed.

Sounds like it will be special.

magval

I think Andy is funnier than Bob in the meat sketches, consistently. Bob's writing them obviously but Andy's voice is funnier.

DrGreggles

New episode!

'Upton's Pottery Nonsense' sounds terrific.

the

Bless you for using spoiler formatting DrGreggles.

This thread is even more treacherous for spoilage now that people are geting episodes three days in advance...

dunelm

Bob's two songs in latest mince are incredible. Sublime.

People bitching on Twitter about have to pay 2 quid a month for the entirely optional patreon thing when Bob has given them 80+ episodes of some of his best work entirely for free. Sheesh!

PlanktonSideburns

Yea it's just their chosen business model, why complain about it

I can't afford parsnips right now, but I'm not mad about them having a model

Shit Good Nose

And the regular episodes are still going to be released for free.

People are idiots.

bgmnts

Quote from: dunelm on May 29, 2019, 10:55:22 AM
Bob's two songs in latest mince are incredible. Sublime.

People bitching on Twitter about have to pay 2 quid a month for the entirely optional patreon thing when Bob has given them 80+ episodes of some of his best work entirely for free. Sheesh!

Honestly I think they should just charge for the main show rather than have this extra show.

bgmnts

New Mince.

Wasn't that into it at all, weirdly.