Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Hang on a minute!" realisations in films

Started by MoonDust, March 31, 2016, 08:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 02, 2016, 02:36:42 PM
They're right about the spelling of 'color' though. Pity most of them pronounce it 'collar'.

I don't, but there was a whole sub -species in northern Delaware who pronounced it 'keller' when I was sent to school in the region, back in 1975/76.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 02, 2016, 11:34:00 AM
I like to imagine the Delos company from Westworld scrapped all their robots after that incident, decided genetic engineering would be safer and rebranded themselves as InGen with plans to follow up Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World with a Jurassic World (Jurassic Park being a trial run).

There was a sequel to Westworld, called Futureworld, which starred Gwyneth Paltrow's mum. Which stated that the events occurred in 1985.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: MoonDust on April 02, 2016, 10:39:54 AM
Just watched that scene. He suggests raptors were bird-like and everyone else crowded around him laughs at him, like "hark at the man who thinks dinosaurs are similar to birds!" then he defends himself "well perhaps dinosaurs had more in common with birds than reptiles".

To me that implies in JP world no one thought dinosaurs evolved into birds except Alan Grant, and Alan was considered barmy for suggesting it.

To be fair he was based on Robert Bakker who was a key figure in the 'dinosaur renaissance' that revived long unpopular ideas such as the link between birds and dinosaurs. Modern science since has shown that the raptors lot (dromaeosaurs) in particular and birds are closer cousins than anyone imagined, and in fact there is a school of thought that favours the idea that raptors actually evolved from early 'birds' (flying dinosaurs) that returned to the ground and became larger, a bit like ostriches. They were certainly covered in feathers and had wing-like arms, and looked nothing like they did in the jurassic park films (much weirder and more wonderful in fact).

MoonDust

I didn't know about him being based on a real person, that makes more sense.

And yeah I know about the whole raptor/bird thing. Except the idea birds evolved into raptors rather than the other way. That's interesting.

Bet they looked ace covered in feathers. Birds with teeth.

olliebean

Quote from: MoonDust on April 03, 2016, 10:27:35 PM
Except the idea birds evolved into raptors rather than the other way. That's interesting.

They did it before, they can do it again. They're just biding their time.

Noodle Lizard

Haaaaaang on a minute! ... this is a sex scene with Greg Kinnear in it, why am I getting a semi?

MoonDust

Quote from: olliebean on April 04, 2016, 12:03:16 AM
They did it before, they can do it again. They're just biding their time.

Except pigeons. They're pathetic birds. I mean look at them!

NoSleep

And yet have you noticed how a pigeon won't even budge from the path of a car until the last moment? Apparently time travels so fast for them that the car looks like it's barely moving, whilst a 20-30 frames per second movie looks like a slideshow to them. They must live for pigeon centuries in their minds.

MoonDust

Any animal that overtly uses its neck as part of its gait is a fucking idiot.

NoSleep

And so slowly and gracefully (they think).

Replies From View

What would ŵin in a "time-off" between a pigeon and a housefly?

Steven

Quote from: Replies From View on April 05, 2016, 04:11:02 PM

The flies have it. I've seen people kick a pigeon right in their stupid genuflecting face, can never fucking twat a housefly, the stupid compound eye cunts.

MoonDust

Quote from: Replies From View on April 05, 2016, 04:11:02 PM

Dull question, but I have to ask; why does your lower case 'w' have a hat on it?

Replies From View

Quote from: MoonDust on April 05, 2016, 05:13:50 PM
Dull question, but I have to ask; why does your lower case 'w' have a hat on it?

Just landed on it by mistake.

Steven

Quote from: MoonDust on April 05, 2016, 05:13:50 PM

`What' is just a w with a hat.