Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Afrika Bambaataa accused of child molestation

Started by Petey Pate, March 31, 2016, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Quote from: http://www.factmag.com/2016/03/31/afrika-bambaataa-accused-of-child-molestation/Afrika Bambaataa has been accused of child molestation by former New York State Democratic Committee member and Judicial Delegate in the Bronx Ronald Savage. In Savage's new self-published memoir Impulse, Urges and Fantasies, he details his youth running in rap circles in New York, in which he alleges that, as a teen, he was repeatedly sodomized by Afrika Bambaataa.

He furthered his accusations recently in an interview with Atlanta radio station Shot97. Savage claimed that Babaattaa would repeatedly coerce him into performing oral sex: "I wanted to be down with the in-crowd, not really understanding that what Bambaataa was doing to me was molesting me. I knew it was wrong."

Savage never reported the incident out of fear and shame.

Blimey.  Never would have had him down as a potential paedo.

leighhart

apparently his abuse of younger men/boys is an open secret in the hip hop community but because of his standing as one of the forefathers of the genre hes given a free pass

Mr Banlon

I heard the rumours about him being gay about 25 years ago, but nothing about him being a nonce. And yes, it seems he's been given a free pass because of his standing, in much the same way Elvis and others have. If you're a 'king' or 'godfather' of a music genre you can get away with anything.
It's an open secret that DJ Kool Herc often fly-tips broken asbestos sheeting in wildlife reserves.

Bhazor

I have heard that Bob Dylan has a penchant for badger baiting.

Shaky

Quote from: leighhart on March 31, 2016, 08:11:07 PM
apparently his abuse of younger men/boys is an open secret in the hip hop community but because of his standing as one of the forefathers of the genre hes given a free pass

Well, it certainly worked for Jimmy Savile.

Bhazor

Quote from: Shaky on April 01, 2016, 12:01:09 AM
Well, it certainly worked for Jimmy Savile.

And Jimmy Savile wasn't even a good rapper.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Bhazor on April 01, 2016, 12:13:43 AM
And Jimmy Savile wasn't even a good rapper.
Still one of the pioneers though, as anyone who's listened to Ahab the Arab can attest.

https://youtu.be/Ou57_ZjqNMs

I look forward to the day when someone finally exposes Paul McCartney's scandalous red diesel use. That cunt's been using his standing in the music world to get away with it for decades now.

Petey Pate

Came across this blog post from 2013 which claims Bambaataa was stabbed after he drugged and attempted oral sex on a young man.

http://khalilamani.ning.com/profiles/blogs/afrika-bambaataa-gay-and-date-raping

wosl

Quote from: Bhazor on March 31, 2016, 11:42:20 PMI have heard that Bob Dylan has a penchant for badger baiting.

He first entices them to the entrances of their sets by laying out pieces of rotten wolf.

johnfuego

Afrika Bumbatty
Kurtis Blow Job.
Grandmaster Flasher
Kid N Gays
Pubic Enemy
Bum DMC

Quote from: johnfuego on April 01, 2016, 01:36:08 PM
Afrika Bumbatty
Kurtis Blow Job.
Grandmaster Flasher
Kid N Gays
Pubic Enemy
Bum DMC

The Beastiality Boys
NWA (make your own one up)
Ice Pube

NoSleep

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 31, 2016, 06:20:01 PM
Blimey.  Never would have had him down as a potential paedo.

The rumours have been around for decades. I never heard specifically about underage boys, but certainly I'd heard he liked them young.

monkfromhavana

The Masked Unit

If there's one thing rappers like it's a snitch. That's how the fuckers got away with it so long. The perfect crime.

newbridge

Who's surprised that the Gary Glitter of hip-hop is the Gary Glitter of other things as well?

Mr Banlon

One Thursday night back in 1984 I was watching the portable black & white TV in my bedroom. I was channel surfing (well channel clicking, it was one of those TVs with a rotational dial channel changer and a bunny ears antenna)
I chanced upon BBC2, and there was a Arena documentary about the 'new thing from America':Hip Hop.  Top of the Pops had not long finished on BBC1 (Neil from the Young Ones was in the charts with Hole In My Shoe)
Not long before this, I'd won a prize in a Smash Hits postal contest. I'd won a 12" of the Soul Sonic Force's 'Renegades Of Funk' and an oversized Tommy Boy Records beanie hat. I won the prize answering a question about The Jam, so I was perplexed with my prize. Anyway, the BBC Arena documentary 'Beat This : A Hip Hop History' caught my eye, as the artist on the record I received as a prize was heavily featured.
All I knew about Hip Hop/Breakdancing/Graffiti was the previous year's woeful 'Hey You, The Rocksteady Crew', Malcolm McLaren's 'Buffalo Gals' from a year and half back and the terrible novelty record 'Break Dance Party' by Street Machine.
Any road up, I watched the Arena documentary and was mesmerised by it's content.
Afrika Bambaataa was a former Bronx gang member, he saw his mate murdered and had an epiphany.
"Don't fight with guns and knives, battle people with dancing, DJing and rapping."
" Show someone the talent you have, then say, 'Beat this"
' without violence.
It was so positive. It was a beacon of hope in what was the burnt-out war-zone of the South Bronx of the time.
Bam seemed to have given hope to the disenfranchised victims of Reaganomics.
The street gang, the Black Spades had morphed into the Mighty Zulu Nation, a community co-operative.
To me, Bam was a hero on par with Robin Hood. Bam got me into Hip Hop, graff and having a social conscience.
Finding out Bam was just a nonce in it for underage Marmite streaks seems like a betrayal.
I hope it's not true, but if it is, it is.
Hip Hop History https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw0uzQM6T5A

momatt

Fuck, I really hope this isn't true.

But the silver lining is I'm just about to create a new and fantastic world-changing music genre.  So I'll soon be off to beat the last remaining rhinos to death with a pickaxe.

About The Nonce rappers - weirdest thing is they're pretty damn good.

Petey Pate

Quote from: http://www.factmag.com/2016/04/11/afrika-bambaataa-abuse-allegations-ronald-savage-speaks-out/According to the Daily News, Zulu Nation "minister of information" Quadeer Shakur threatened to file a defamation lawsuit against Savage in a cease-and-desist letter sent on March 31, claiming Savage fabricated the claims to sell more copies of his self-published memoir Impulse, Urges and Fantasies.

The newspaper also claims that high-ranking Zulu Nation officials, recorded on tape, offered Savage the opportunity to confront Bambaataa as well as get $50,000 in compensation for the alleged abuse.

It's not clear whether the officials were trying to buy Savage's silence, but Bambaataa's lawyer Vivian Kimi Tozaki stated that the artist has no knowledge of the conversations.

phantom_power

Says he didn't do it, but we know he did it*

*I don't know if he did it but that Jungle Brothers line popped into my head when I read that post