Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Peel visual tribute

Started by Pinball, October 26, 2004, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I can't mong very well, but can at least get the ball rolling with a photo ;-)

iain

TJ

Peel as the compere of a Bath Music Festival in 1969, which featured The Liverpool Scene (whom he produced a couple of albums for) on the bill.

butnut

I know it's only a tiny thing, but it says something about the man that there's a thread in every part of CaB about him:

Ambient Sheep

Butnut: was just about to post the same thing...the same screenshot even down to the times and post/viewcounts.  I just grabbed it for posterity, then belatedly realised it would be a good thing to post here.  A tribute indeed.

sproggy

TJ

butnut

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Butnut: was just about to post the same thing...the same screenshot even down to the times and post/viewcounts.  I just grabbed it for posterity, then belatedly realised it would be a good thing to post here.  A tribute indeed.

Great minds etc...

alan strang

I happened to be glancing through The Sun in a cafe earlier and happened upon cartoonist Bill Caldwell's tribute to John Peel.

I despise The Sun. I can't stand Bill Caldwell. I understand and agree with all the arguments against tedious, hackneyed cartoonists who always depict a recently deceased well-loved public figure arriving at the gates of Heaven.

And yet this cartoon still brought a lump to my throat:

hencole

I reccommend checking out the B3TA crowd surfacing tribute. Very touching and upbeat.

Almost Yearly

Grief expresses itself in odd ways. I spent the end of yesterday afternoon doing these:

Possible town square statues, there.

^^ I'm happy with those screen grabs of butnut's and Sheepy's.