Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joyous moments in Morris stuff

Started by BJB, April 06, 2016, 04:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

The first mini-news piece has an expansion on the church bullying, featuring Rebecca Front as a mother, while her child plays with raw meat in the foreground. It's such a strange little detail.

Jakey Chesterton

*Rolls eyes*

"Yes, I know what a parking meters are!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BJB

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2016, 10:34:42 PM
Look at the front of his head

"WHY HAVE YOU GONE BACK TO CRIME?"

Followed by the nonchalant, throwaway delivery of "He doesn't know..."

grassbath

It's not cool to be weird

You're just being weird!!!

PAGATRON

In Ted Maul's office their is a large piece of paper which has written on it, "PISS SISSONS OFF".

Dannyhood91

"In the warm recesses of a twat."

PaulTMA

"................Do you have an onion limit?"

Shaky

I sat on the toilet yesterday chuckling at "The scented rose in the bumgut of Satan," for about 5 minutes solid.

Wife eventually asked what on earth I was doing in there.

Bacon

Err, are you calling me a sweat?

AtomicRust

As stated before, the sniffing airplanes bit is up there as one of his best bits. The same with the GLR callers banter.

I loved his BBC complaint prank, when he starts breaking stuff and throwing even more of a tantrum is so ludicrous and then calming down and giving the BBC person a joke name that I can't remember at the moment.

Spoon of Ploff

For me right now, it's the Jam Festival,  Morris switching interview styles throughout

Lightweight: how much of your time did you put into it?

Full on Adversarial: you persuaded these celebrities to waste their time?

Deeply Sympathetic: has this been very upsetting for you?

Finally just very pleased with himself: Janet Breen, thankyou.

Speaking of Jam, Blue Jam and Suzie's Wedding. I find this monologue strangely uplifting as the main character is able to express one final act of rebellion, before getting beaten up with drugs. The music fits the scene so perfectly, and I only wish I could come close to writing a line like 'I was about as sad as it's possible to feel, while starting as a wall, in a room full of women.'

Satu

"How did you as a four year-old fare among grown men in this scrabble for clothes?"

Porter Dimi

Quote from: BJB on April 06, 2016, 04:49:41 AM
Morris and Baynam giggling away at there own brilliant childishness.

Speaking of which, this glorious laugh from the first episode of On The Hour. At one of Morris' silliest jokes. https://twitter.com/chrismorrisbits/status/741232825152753664[nb]I run this account btw and I'm always happy to take suggestions[/nb]

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 18, 2016, 07:35:55 PM
For me right now, it's the Jam Festival,  Morris switching interview styles throughout

Lightweight: how much of your time did you put into it?

Full on Adversarial: you persuaded these celebrities to waste their time?

Deeply Sympathetic: has this been very upsetting for you?

Finally just very pleased with himself: Janet Breen, thankyou.

My favourite passed-over line from that

"Have you anything left to say in your defence?"

BJB

Ambient Sheep

I don't get how the Jam Festival thing could be at all "joyous".  Although it's quite clever, and makes a good satirical point about the way interviewers behave -- especially when he switches to Deeply Sympathetic mode -- I find his reduction of Janet Breen to tears ("...which is very ugly INDEED") horrible to watch, and it ruins the sketch for me.

I know I've said all this before, but it's still the case that when introducing someone to TDT, I always avoid Episode 1 precisely because of that sketch.  I start them off with one of the others (usually episode 3, for Horses on the Tube and John Major v. The Queen).

Sorry.

His reiteration of "OUTRAGEOUS" in the Jerry Springer interview from Blue Jam, which somehow has passed over into my everyday speech when something tries to be shocking.

Something which strikes me about Morris' work is how pleasing a lot of the language usage is both in terms of content and tone, and that's probably most prevalent in Blue Jam as well. I particularly love the really soothing, thoughtful tone of the LWT conversation in the first episode where he's playing this absurd concept with what sounds like complete sincerity and investment.

"And if that assistant had to be Ronnie Corbett.....would you still make that choice?"

Shaky

Quote from: A Car With No Doors on July 26, 2016, 10:59:12 PM
His reiteration of "OUTRAGEOUS" in the Jerry Springer interview from Blue Jam, which somehow has passed over into my everyday speech when something tries to be shocking.

"My Doctor fingers my kids up the assssssss."

Dannyhood91

Popped into my head today.

"It's my father. He's lying down."

MoonDust

Quote from: A Car With No Doors on July 26, 2016, 10:59:12 PM

This is one of my favourite part of this interview too.

"...it's outrageous!"

Hugh Jass

BJB

Morris nearly losing it at Baynhams use of the term "dried up crackly knicker bacon" in one of the R1 shows, the one where there discussing ways to prevent burglaries.

ColinPopshed

Quote from: BJB on August 06, 2016, 01:43:28 AM
Morris nearly losing it at Baynhams use of the term "dried up crackly knicker bacon" in one of the R1 shows, the one where there discussing ways to prevent burglaries.

This was the first ever CM episode / thing I heard, and I couldn't believe I just had.

ColinPopshed

Very specific, but at the start of the Brass Eye Sex episode where he's watching himself in the inset (doing the comedy vinegar strokes / cumming), I always loved how he turns back to the camera with a little grin as he's talking. Always made that bit so much funnier.

Pepotamo1985

It's not strictly a Morris 'bit', not exclusively, but the moment in the Bomb Dogs package (which overall is surely a worthy contender for the title of 'funniest five minutes pound for pound in comedy history', despite its contemporary obviousness in the Morris Canon) when his perfect roving newscaster narration intones 'told the public to clear off' and the copper does that hand signal in the face of an errant pedestrian is a thing of immense beauty. It's just so perfect - the line syncs up exactly with the pig leaning in to the guy's face, which would've been a funny enough audio/visual synergy on its own, but then plod busts out that ludicrous yet somehow immensely angry gesticulation as a bumper payoff. It's an ideal microcosm of TDT's peerless ability to make the surreal and ridiculous eminently believable and realistic, attention to minutiae no other show has achieved or even aimed for since.

On a similar note, in the same sketch, a highlight reel link reveals new explosive sus laws mean any dog is a potential hazard, just as an officer tokenly inspects a hound chained to a lamppost before capping it. A glorious and stunning use of sound to set up a superb visual punchline.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A certain circulatory system that can feeeeeed it

Howj Begg

I've found myself saying "mud-the-far-cuss" quite a lot lately.

the

So, here we are in the immediately future