Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:01:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA: San Andreas The 'Spoilers all over yo face' Thread

Started by MrManson, October 26, 2004, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrManson

Yeah, forgive me for being so brash but it had to be done.

Post  all yours spoiler flavoured goodness over here

Here's a review from gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/review.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_bg

And another by  OPM

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?...c=151711&st=140

I doubt I'll be in here much.

Edit: Adding second review

MrManson

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I broke into the factory and slashed all over each disk. How's that for spoiling things?

Rubbish Monkey

Ker-Bumpage!

I loved the dance dance revelution / parappa dance mission! hahaha excellent shit!

now lets all talk about it without tiny text getting on my tits.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

How the hell are you meant to do the mission where you chase the train on a dirtbike? Is there some trick to it, because I've managed to keep up with the front carriage like it says, but the fat sod on the back never seems to kill any of the blokes standing on the roof and then moans at me when I fail the mission.

Lord Spong

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"How the hell are you meant to do the mission where you chase the train on a dirtbike? Is there some trick to it, because I've managed to keep up with the front carriage like it says, but the fat sod on the back never seems to kill any of the blokes standing on the roof and then moans at me when I fail the mission.

As you're keeping up with the train, don't drive down the middle of the other track, but keep your bike just to the right hand side of the rails and you'll find that the fat guy takes out the baddies much more easily. That's what I found anyway.

The Fanciful Norwegian

Yeah, riding along right next to the train doesn't work because his bullets will just hit the side of the train. Of course even when keeping my distance I needed three or four tries to finish it. It's a fantastic game but the AI characters can't aim for shit.

Frinky

Within about 15 minutes, this game had already provided me with it's first golden moment... reversing the lear jet out on to the runway with The Who playing on the radio (Eminence Front) - just perfect. I grinned like a fucking s*****c.

RFT

one thing that was rather disappointing about that chase the train mission was that there's an opportunity to jump the bike onto the tiop of the train, in fact I thought this was what you were supposed to do. However, the physics engine doesn't seem able to cope with it (which is odd, as it seems very robust in most other circumstances.

i unlocked San Fierro yesterday (just to visit, I've not got any missions there yet), and found some neat jumps and things.
AT the moment, I'm just doing some petty crime in the countryside and doing trucking missions to get cash.

Bogey

Quote from: "RFT"i unlocked San Fierro yesterday (just to visit, I've not got any missions there yet), and found some neat jumps and things.
AT the moment, I'm just doing some petty crime in the countryside and doing trucking missions to get cash.

Alright, how many missions do you have to do before San Fierro's available, and does it matter who you choose to do them for?

terminallyrelaxed

Trucking missions? I didnt know there was such a thing..

*ahem* TRIP SKIP! Fucking Trip Skip at last! Thank you god, thank you Rockstar, thank mum, thanks everyone. Finally.

Best moments so far; pulling up next to a low-rider at some lights with the intention of jacking it, when for no apparent reason a motorcycle cop comes barreling into the both of us, get off his bike and because its snagged upo on the cars, he doesnt bother to try and get back o the bike, the cop just jacks the lowrider and fucks off.

Master Sounds and K-Jah West are the my favourite stations....

RFT

You need to complete all the missions for the Cops, Ryder, Smoke, and OG Loc. there'll then follow 3 linear missions for Sweet. at the end of the third mission you'll end up leaving the city and be at Mount Chiliad (even in a spoiler thread, I won;t go into the circumstances of how this happens).

You then need to complete a further mission (slightly tricky) and the whole south-west section will be unlocked. There;s no missions to actually do in SF at this point, it's just somewhere to visit (and It's five minutes drive at least from the nearest save point).

Mine came this morning!

Am I being really thick or is the onscreen map very difficult to work out? I'm on the tagging mission and I cant work out where the tags are at all.

RFT

It is trick when you're in a busy urban area- because you can have mission obvkectives (yellow square), Cluckin' Bell Icons (yellow chicken head) and Pizza joints (yellow pizzas) on the map at the same time and just a glance isn;t quite enough to wotrk things out properly.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "RFT"It is trick when you're in a busy urban area- because you can have mission obvkectives (yellow square), Cluckin' Bell Icons (yellow chicken head) and Pizza joints (yellow pizzas) on the map at the same time and just a glance isn;t quite enough to wotrk things out properly.

Thats where your manual target thingy comes in handy.

Lord Spong

If you go into the main police station in Los Santos, you can go into the shower room and find an enormous pink dildo, which you can then use as a club to beat people to death with! Ace.

chand

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Am I being really thick or is the onscreen map very difficult to work out? I'm on the tagging mission and I cant work out where the tags are at all.

I had trouble with that. I don't think the location of the tags is actually indicated on the map, but there's only about 3 to do and they're in quite a small area so I just ran about a bit and found them.

chand

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"
Quote from: "RFT"It is trick when you're in a busy urban area- because you can have mission obvkectives (yellow square), Cluckin' Bell Icons (yellow chicken head) and Pizza joints (yellow pizzas) on the map at the same time and just a glance isn;t quite enough to wotrk things out properly.

Thats where your manual target thingy comes in handy.

Yeah, I've found that really useful. Also, on occasions where you have to go down a certain route (like, cross a bridge to reach your target) it's useful to put the marker on the bridge or whatever so you go there first and don't find you've gone down some path where you have to backtrack.

terminallyrelaxed

I don't like the way it uses blue as the marker colour for a lot of missions as its quite dark and the objectives are nearly invisible aganist the green.

Frinky

terminallyrelaxed

Frinky

Quote from: "chand"
Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Am I being really thick or is the onscreen map very difficult to work out? I'm on the tagging mission and I cant work out where the tags are at all.

I had trouble with that. I don't think the location of the tags is actually indicated on the map, but there's only about 3 to do and they're in quite a small area so I just ran about a bit and found them.

On tagging missions, they're marked as tiny green dots on your radar map. Annoying as fuck to find.

Frinky

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Like what, a Railroad Tycoon mini-game?

Nah, but... more! Be able to ride on the front of them and shoot stuff up on the run. And I've still not managed to find out if you can make them crash into one of those ramp trucks (they've fucking dissapeared) and fly into the air.

terminallyrelaxed

Green dots on a green background? I'm not one to gripe as this really is an 'OMFGthisisawesomed00d!' game, but was everyone pissed on map-designing day or something?

RFT

From what I've read, there's more to do with the trains once you unlock the whole map.

terminallyrelaxed

I'm nearly maxed out on Muscle, Stamina and, oddly, sex appeal, but still cayn't get no respect, Homes, whaddup with that shee-it?
I keep passing missions, getting respect, killed about 60 rival gang members and it still ain't going nowhere - I suppose it doesnt look half-full until you've done half the missions and own half the state, is that th idea?

RFT

I think so, it's a scale from "nobody" to "the baddest muthafucka the ever lived"

Nice Gang-colour clothes and a good haircut also help.

Frinky

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"I'm nearly maxed out on Muscle, Stamina and, oddly, sex appeal, but still cayn't get no respect, Homes, whaddup with that shee-it?
I keep passing missions, getting respect, killed about 60 rival gang members and it still ain't going nowhere - I suppose it doesnt look half-full until you've done half the missions and own half the state, is that th idea?

Go outside a police station, and blow shit the fuck up or something, lots and lots and lots and shoot policemen in the face with rifles - just be a basass motherfucker (apparently), and you'll get yo respec'.

I have this game on mute, a lot.

Consignia

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"I'm nearly maxed out on Muscle, Stamina and, oddly, sex appeal, but still cayn't get no respect, Homes, whaddup with that shee-it?

The biggest way to get respect is to partake in turf wars and get every terrortory possible.

Rubbish Monkey

Oh yes oh yay! I was just doing some of the "Pimping" missions, until I drove my car off a cliff type thing and it blew up.