Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA: San Andreas The 'Spoilers all over yo face' Thread

Started by MrManson, October 26, 2004, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminallyrelaxed

According to the 'i' under the bridge at Grove St, you can respond to people on the street positively or negatively by pressing > or <, but as far as I can see every response is pretty negative, as so far I've told just about eerybody to 'step awf' in one way or another...

terminallyrelaxed

Love the chopper bicycles out in the country - old school!

Frinky

Er, where are the trucks with the ramps on them? I've looked everywhere. There were loads a while back but I just can't find them. I've been down the docks...

Neil

Lewis

Ooh, I loved the motorbike missions, particulary chasing that train. Got stuck on the fork-lift mission last night and went to bed, feeling defeated. I also enjoy driving the trains at full speed, although slight dissapoinment that you can't ram into the barriers between the islands. Did someone mention a lear jet? Blimey.

Beagle 2

The motorike missions are doing ma heed in, I keep crashing into idiot pedestrians, losing my temper and beating them to a bloody pulp whilst completely forgetting the task in hand. This game is making me lose my rag to mario kart proportions.

terminallyrelaxed

How fuckin sad is it that all I've thought of today is getting back home to play this some more?

InfiniteFury

Writing about it all day is the only thing that's kept me going. Sometimes my vision even seems to go funny like I'm travelling at high speed on the freeways.

Anyone heard any more about the eclipse that's supposed to be in there or bigfoot?

NobodyGetsOutAlive

You're all a shower of bastards. So the general opinion is that it's really bloody good then? Bastards.

I was going to get a cheap PS2 from your local online auction purely so I didn't have to wait for the PC version whenever that's out but unfortunately I seem to have gone £300 over my overdraft limit as my student loan still hasn't arrived. Please think of me with my dated Vice City copy, won't you?

RFT

I've been the same, though I was able to grab 45 minutes worth of fun at lunchtime.

what's even sadder is that I've alreaduy worked out what I'm goign to do tonight-
Drive from CJ's house in Ganton up to SF.
Find and steal a particular type of car that looks a bit like a Nissan Skyline. Drive back to Los Santos to go to mod garage for a bit of nitro.
Head to the cross country race in red county i failed at at lunchtime because I tried turning up with a hotring racer and they wouldn't let me take part, so ended up attempting it in one of those rubbish-looking cars with mismatched panels.

I'd already got part of the way through this plan before my lunchtime was up so I have to start again.

Frinky

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"Anyone heard any more about the eclipse that's supposed to be in there or bigfoot?

terminallyrelaxed

Strewth! How could they? Those graphics - they're abominable!

Kazuo Kiriyama

The Bigfoot might be a better use for the camera than say...pictures of dead hookers.

Quote from: "Kazuo Kiriyama"The Bigfoot might be a better use for the camera than say...pictures of dead hookers.

Pictures of dead hookers! Brilliant! I was wondering what to do with the camera facility - I think I'll start a serial killeresque scrap book. Cheers!

petercussing

Argh, i wanna play!

I don't even own a ps2 or the game, but ive been playing it with  Spaceghost, which makes it worse cos i don't have access to it and probably won't for two the next two days. Urrrgh. Best. Game. Ever.

We had a fun last thing last night trying to get as far as possible into the other areas without getting nicked or capped off. I got right into the cult area and SG got right up the mountain and all manner of police vans drove off the edge in pursuit. Arf! I also nearly got right through the industrial estate at the top left of the map.

I also found the monster truck on my journey to the cult and that seemed to aid my escape ten fold. I was all like, neeeeeeern and that!

Also when Spaceghost started near the police station one time there was a completely anomalous crash with a taxi and two cop cars and the police went divvy and started trying to shoot everything but SG, not just a bit, but a full blown mass shoot out. After he taxi driver was dead a rogue police guy got in the taxi and drove it off. We followed him, but he seemed to just be driving round aimlessly, after a while we got bored and killed him. But it was weird! Ok!

Err, that's it. : (  I wanna plaaaaaaaay!!! I'm not even doing anything today. I hate my gamecube!

Regular John

This game is exactly how I dreamed games would eventually be when I was a young lad on my Spectrum. Pure fucking class.

Cinema cam is so utterly realistic that the ability to save replays is the only thing that I think is missing!

Lewis

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Pictures of dead hookers! Brilliant! I was wondering what to do with the camera facility - I think I'll start a serial killeresque scrap book. Cheers!
Where do you get a camera from?

terminallyrelaxed

Upstairs at the Johnson house - you can get a new spray-can there too, but you can only carry one or the other...

terminallyrelaxed

Heh, before I realised that there was an actual camera to carry around I thought this was just some kind of screensht facility, so was doing crazy jumps and frantically hammering the 'O' button, and then being puzzled as to why there was nothing in my gallery...

Rats

You know that mission where you go with big smoke (he's got a class voice) to "meet his cousin". I must have played that about 6 times, I thought you had to follow the guy until he got into the car and then find out where he was going and steal bush from his house so I tailed his car until I eventually made it and was right behind him when he reached the house and it still came up with "mission failed" so then I realised you just have to catch up with him and kill him. Gutted.

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Heh, before I realised that there was an actual camera to carry around I thought this was just some kind of screensht facility, so was doing crazy jumps and frantically hammering the 'O' button, and then being puzzled as to why there was nothing in my gallery...

Which, to be fair, is probably the best & most logical use for it. Wonder why they didn't. I hadn't looked at the camera but that's what I'd assume it was for.

Bollocks, how long is it til 5.30? Damn those daylight savings time, we'd be playing it in half an hour dammit. Ahhhh, what they give at the weekend, they take away on Monday...

RFT

one thing- does anyone know the location of a 2-player mission I can try?

terminallyrelaxed

Look for a bar for the pool game - I think theres one near Binco and the Pizzeria...Pool is quite tedious on your own (against an NPC), is it quicker with two players?

terminallyrelaxed

All I'm seeing today is my name on the top threads on page one - I think I'll shut the fuck up for a while.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "RFT"one thing- does anyone know the location of a 2-player mission I can try?

I found one by the pools near the police station : shoot 15 people in 3 minutes.
I played it by myself with 2 controllers because I have no friends.

InfiniteFury

Anyone see any of the more traditional rampages in there like "Kill 30 people with only the tip of your little finger" in five minutes. Not necessarily two-player.

terminallyrelaxed

Don't you mean 'kill, dice and lightly sautee 45 people in 7 seconds, while naked, in a Swiss accent'?

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"All I'm seeing today is my name on the top threads on page one - I think I'll shut the fuck up for a while.

Well, that didnt last long...

InfiniteFury

Has anyone seen the, ah, how can I put this: "stealthy Bigley manouevure" - you'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it. It actually makes me quite squeamish which is unusual.

hencole

Why couldn't all this be in the other GTA thread? And I expect they'll be a million Halo 2 threads in a couple of weeks too.