Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars: Rogue One

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 07, 2016, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Honestly I felt Jones in the original trailers looked(although very hard to say whether that actually reflected what had been filmed) pretty terrible hinting towards a clichéd wild child character. The changes did seem to cut back on plot around her but character wise there seemed to be more of an arc with her becoming more apathetic early in the story rather than simply "too x-treme" for the Rebels.

I actually felt Forrest fitted in pretty well here, in some stuff like Street Kings he goes too over the top for me but here your talking a harder edged but still obviously somewhat larger than life action film. Generally its the supporting characters that give most of the personality I would say although the film did avoid going too obviously down the well worn Severn Samurai route, probably the biggest influence there was Chirrut/Blaze being somewhat similar to MIfune and the swordmaster.

Skip Bittman

Instead they just nicked from Zatoichi.

Custard

Whitaker's character already existed, either in The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels, so I'm assuming he was following that lead, but playing the character older. Might explain why it seems like a bit of a weird performance, as he might not have had much leeway with it

I did enjoy Rogue One, but not as much as The Force Awakens. Blu ray out soon though, so looking forward to another watch or two

greenman

Not seen the character previously but I'm told the connection is really in name only. Again I think his performance worked well to get across Saw as a paranoid extremist even though the character got relatively little setup plot wise.

Replies From View

Anyone know if there are plans to make a 'Rogue Two'?

Crabwalk

No but there's going to be a prequel called 'None Rogues'. Jar Jar Binks will get blown up at the end and accept his fate with surprising stoicism.

#Nnnnnnnnnnnnerdjoke

greenman

I wouldn't actually be surprised if we saw another similar film setting during the originals given that this did make over a billion.

Replies From View

Quote from: greenman on March 20, 2017, 07:12:05 AM
I wouldn't actually be surprised if we saw another similar film setting during the originals given that this did make over a billion.

Over a billion films?  That's loads.

greenman

Quote from: Replies From View on March 20, 2017, 12:59:21 PM
Over a billion films?  That's loads.

Hopefully enough for a spinoffs focused on the mouse droid Chewie scares, the Storm Trooper who bumps his head and...

mothman

Perhaps they'll do one about the Bothans.

greenman

Star Wars: The Corridor of Uncertainty

Gulftastic

momatt

Gah, Gary 'Cunting' Barlow.
Why can't he just fuck off and die?  Is that too much to ask?

The Empire Ducks Tax
The Financial Menace
Rogue One: A Star Wars Tory
The Empire Strikes Back For Good
Could It Be Magic? No, it's called "The Force".

momatt

In case anyone's interested, I fucking loathe Take That.
Probably more so now they're taken semi-seriously.

I bamlem Corden.

If they somehow ruin Star Wars too...  Can't even think about it, making me too angry.

mothman

Custard

Now on home release, then

Enjoyed this again on second viewing. Didn't feel as flabby this time around, and I began to like the crew a bit more. Actually welled-up a bit as
Spoiler alert
they were all gradually wiped out. Especially Donnie Yen and his hard mate with the big gun
[close]

Seriously though, couldn't they have done something with Vader's voice? He sounds ancient, and it was quite jarring. His big scene is great, though. The sheer presence, the horror on the rebels faces. Supoib

Krennic is really good, and probably the most loathsome and slimey SW villain,  I'd say. A great performance. Ben Mendohlson is terrific at playing cunts!
Spoiler alert
Thought the way he was offed was a bit rubs, mind

CGI Leia is even worse in hi-def.
They should have just shown her from the back. Would've been far more effective, I think
[close]

The last third of the film is brilliant. An out and out battle, and really gripping and exciting, especially Felicity Jones and Diego Luna climbing and grasping to get at the plans, and the aforementioned scene with Vader hot on the rebels' tails

Was a smart idea to leave Palpatine out of it, what with Krennic, Tarkin and Vader already overloading the villains. I'm sure he'll pop up in another of these planned spin-offs though