Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

recovering a junk email from a month ago

Started by Dr Rock, April 13, 2016, 07:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Hotmail deletes junk just after a couple of weeks . You can get an extra weeks deleted junks back by some procces in Hotmail. but I need to recover an email for 16/17 March (preferably by a system not to too complicated). if I don't manage I might be out £700.

Anything I can do? i'm on a mac and have time machine but have never used it.

Cheers

BlodwynPig

What was the content?

I could send you a new junk mail.

Dear Kindest Sir,

I am the widow of the great Malawian financier Oobong Winthrop-Stanley...

Etc etc

700 quid if you give me your bank details...

hewantstolurkatad

there's an option at the bottom of the screen on outlook's deleted folder to recover email, usually will gather everything you've chosen to delete in the last month or three

If you're on about spam (i.e. the junk folder) from a month ago, I don't think you can recover its contents

Uncle TechTip

When you find the mail and get the 700 spend it on a paid-for mail service.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 13, 2016, 07:22:43 AM
Hotmail deletes junk just after a couple of weeks . You can get an extra weeks deleted junks back by some procces in Hotmail. but I need to recover an email for 16/17 March (preferably by a system not to too complicated). if I don't manage I might be out £700.

Anything I can do? i'm on a mac and have time machine but have never used it.

Cheers

Time Machine will only be good for files that were on your Mac and on iCloud . If you only access email via a Web browser, it won't help – if that's the case, I doubt there's a way of recovering deleted junk email from the Hotmail server, but don't know for sure.

If you download email to a mail client on your machine, you should be able to recover deleted messages using Time Machine. Recovering email using it is going to be a very common query so if this is something you need to do, you'll be able to find instructions online easily, I'm sure.