Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Strange (or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Magic)

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, April 13, 2016, 02:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

The key for me was that before he looked for glory for himself. Everything he did was for his benefit. His gambit to be killed thousands of times to save the earth was a purely selfless task. If it failed the earth would still be safe but no-one would ever know the sacrifice he made. Even in success he still had to die painfully a lot. That was his journey

Povidone

I may be misremembering but wasn't the idea that they were given as some kind of token gesture to appease Dormammu? I certainly never got the impression that it was a frivolous 'fuck these guys' sort of thing.

Glebe

I think the film would have been improved by having Bergerac turn up at the end to solve the mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnclCvNM7ao

MojoJojo

Quote from: Povidone on November 12, 2016, 07:39:57 PM
I may be misremembering but wasn't the idea that they were given as some kind of token gesture to appease Dormammu? I certainly never got the impression that it was a frivolous 'fuck these guys' sort of thing.

Possibly - although Dormammu didn't ask for them, or say anything about wanting anything other than out of the loop.

I'm not that bothered by it to be honest, more that it all relies on Dormammu keeping his word.

Still Not George

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 12, 2016, 08:23:50 PM
Possibly - although Dormammu didn't ask for them, or say anything about wanting anything other than out of the loop.

I'm not that bothered by it to be honest, more that it all relies on Dormammu keeping his word.

I'd suspect that Strange is depending on Dormammu not wanting to wind up back in a time-loop again now that Strange has demonstrated a) the capability (via Infinity Stone, admittedly) and b) the will to inflict it on him.

It.

Whatever.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Glebe on November 12, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
I think the film would have been improved by having Bergerac turn up at the end to solve the mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnclCvNM7ao

The lagging titles version. I had no idea Jersey was so close to France. Why has France never made more fuss about who it belongs to?

weekender

^

Everyone talks about SkyNet blah-blah, but they never mention the futuristic equivalent of a robotic Bergerac, do they?

Maybe that's why they never mention it.

Bloody French, with their colonial ownership of robot islands.

What if they're planning something?  Do they have Robot Wars in France?

If they do, I bet they call it something else, the sneaky bastards.

Then all they have to do is go over and kidnap Robot Bergerac, and the endgame for Europe looms.

Still Not George

This film is a weird thing. I watched it a little under a week ago, left the cinema a little underwhelmed at the plot but having enjoyed the effects.

Now a friend of mine wants to go see a showing in a week or two and I'm suddenly really really excited at getting to see it again.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth