News:

"At Christmas I no more desire a rose Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth; But like of each thing that in season grows."


CRISPS, tho'

Started by the science eel, April 25, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 23, 2016, 04:32:43 PM




It's terrible when you mislay your crisp tweezers, isn't it? You could have cupboards full of multipacks but not be able to scoff any of them because the tweezers have gone walkabout again.

Blumf

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 09, 2016, 02:19:27 PM
Anyone else very partial to prawn cocktail and Worcester sauce?

and Tomato Sauce.

Quote from: Blumf on December 09, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
and Tomato Sauce.

Just been eating some of a bumper pack of Wheat Crunchies.  Love the tomato sauce ones of them.

Blumf

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 09, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Just been eating some of a bumper pack of Wheat Crunchies.  Love the tomato sauce ones of them.

Please! The bastards withdrew Worcester Sauce flavour. Utter cunts!

buttgammon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 09, 2016, 12:14:43 PM
They're delicious.

Big crisp news - Tesco have just developed a masterpiece. Limited Edition so get out there and bulk buy these.

Beef Steak and Spiced Mustard.

Fuck yes, they're awesome. I got a packet a couple of days ago while I was nursing a dreadful hangover and found they were the only food I could stomach. Admittedly, I vomited them up almost immediately but when I finished the remaining half of the bag later in the day, I was fully able to appreciate their brilliance. They're like crinkle-cut Brannigans, true gods among crisps.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Very good description. The hint of spice makes them.

The pigs in blankets were mediocre.

Replies From View

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 09, 2016, 02:19:27 PM
Anyone else very partial to prawn cocktail and Worcester sauce?

HOW WOULD WE KNOW??

Blumf

These...



...are quiet nice.

Flavour : 4.5/5 (looses the vinegar of Walkers Tomato Sauce, gains a nice mellow garlic tone)
Crispiness : 3/5 (on the weak side for crinkle cut)

There's some others in the range.

ASFTSN

Man in office on work placement today kindly offered to do a shop run.  He asks if I would like anything, and I reply 'Some salt and vinegar crisps of some kind' and then and for some reason, no doubt wanting to be 'cool'*, added - 'any sort really', and handed him a pound . 

'One of the big or small bags[nb]of crisps[/nb]?' he asked.

'Big' I said, hedonism prevailing.

Twenty minutes later or so he returns with - a tube of salt and vinegar pringles.  I ate seven or eight like the starch hog I am, but disquietedly, all the while wondering what had happened?

Had my instructions been followed by a rube, a person who was too incapable - or too lazy - to pay attention?[nb]I was in that shop on Monday and the pringles are right by the checkout[/nb] Was the purchase a sly gesture at my vagueness?  Or was it my own fault, expecting a hapless colleague to know about crisps?  Is this the consequences of not wearing your crisp knowledge like a badge?


*Attempt successful

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck I could go for those tesco finest beef steak and Spiced Mustard ones right now.


Bazooka

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 13, 2016, 08:55:16 PM
Fuck I could go for those tesco finest beef steak and Spiced Mustard ones right now.

I will post some through your letter box shortly, in a packet or not.

buttgammon

Can't find the Tesco Finest beef steak and spiced mustard ones here in Dublin; I had them during a trip to London. I'm going back to my native Wales for Christmas on Monday evening and the first thing on my itinerary is to go down to Tesco and buy a load of them.

imitationleather

I ate an entire bag during Spurs v Hull. This thread made me do it, m'lud.

To be honest I wasn't that bowled over by them. Not such a meaty crisp fan.

The Co-Op Salt and Vinegar ones are King Crisp for me but I haven't had any for months now.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: buttgammon on December 15, 2016, 12:07:15 AM
Can't find the Tesco Finest beef steak and spiced mustard ones here in Dublin; I had them during a trip to London. I'm going back to my native Wales for Christmas on Monday evening and the first thing on my itinerary is to go down to Tesco and buy a load of them.

They're not in Carmarthen Tesco's, if that saves you a trip.

And possibly nowhere else either, fuck's sake 2016.


buttgammon

Oh fuck!

For what it's worth, I'm going to be a stone's throw away from the absurdly big Tesco Extra in Wrexham so if they don't have them, nowhere will.

imitationleather

When I got them in my local Tesco Express I did notice that they were the last bag they had. It was partly that which spurred me in to buying them as I'd gone in just for washing up liquid.

I could also afford the washing up liquid so it wasn't like I chose the crisps over clean plates or anything although obviously given the choice I would have done.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: buttgammon on December 15, 2016, 12:17:51 AM
Oh fuck!

For what it's worth, I'm going to be a stone's throw away from the absurdly big Tesco Extra in Wrexham so if they don't have them, nowhere will.

The Beast Market! If anywhere's going to have them...

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Cloud on November 08, 2016, 11:38:18 PM
Currently eating a cheese, cucumber, cheese cucumber and salad cream sandwich crisps, and salad cream sandwich.

I call it a cheesecucumbersaladcreamsandwichception, and it is good.

They should do bread flavoured crisps to make the sandwiching process more simple.

Anyway, had a disappointing moment a while back where I found a much-craved packet of Roysters T-Bone steak crisps in a shop after being without them for over 2 years, only to find that they weren't as nice as I remember them being. More like WRONGsters (I'll edit this when I think of a better pun)

buttgammon

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on December 15, 2016, 12:19:49 AM
The Beast Market! If anywhere's going to have them...

The very same! I hope the beasts have given way to crisps.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on December 15, 2016, 12:29:09 AMAnyway, had a disappointing moment a while back where I found a much-craved packet of Roysters T-Bone steak crisps in a shop after being without them for over 2 years, only to find that they weren't as nice as I remember them being. More like WRONGsters (I'll edit this when I think of a better pun)
They probably aren't as nice as they used to be, like the fate of so many crisps.
I used to love their southern fried chicken flavour, full on black-peppery goodness.

Replies From View

Surprised there hasn't been a Walkers and Nestle crossover yet.  Kit Kat flavoured crisps would be disgusting but fast sellers, which is all that matters really.

There was a man with his cock out in Costcutters yesterday.  Try saying "cock out in Costcutters" twenty times fast.

Blumf

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2016, 12:38:03 PM
Surprised there hasn't been a Walkers and Nestle crossover yet.  Kit Kat flavoured crisps would be disgusting but fast sellers, which is all that matters really.

Salt and Vinegar Kit-Kats mate. Wave of the future!

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on December 15, 2016, 12:54:54 PM
Salt and Vinegar Kit-Kats mate. Wave of the future!

Doesn't even have to be Kit Kats if they'd rather do Yorkies or Maverick bars.  That's the beauty of it.

Prawn Cocktail Smarties mate.  Then the advert could say "wave of the future" with some prawns waving from some waves, like sea waves.

This thread reminds me I haven't had Nik-Naks in ages, and that they are probably the Best Crisp because effort has gone into both taste AND presentation. Fuck off with your thin sliver of potato bullshit.

Also, I don't really believe people actually enjoy Worcester Sauce. I think it is a myth.

imitationleather

I enjoy Worcester Sauce.

Get a load of Mr. Mythbusters over here.

Blumf

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2016, 01:08:00 PM
Prawn Cocktail Smarties mate.

Nah mate, you want meat flavours with Smarties. Orange for chicken, brown for beef, red for pork, and the yellow can be mustard.

Any other colour is a lie!

Cuellar

I absolutely hate all crisps and have recently vowed to never eat a single bag more.

They're just salt. They make your mouth feel like shit and they're awful. Just awful.

Shoulders?-Stomach!


Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on December 15, 2016, 01:26:57 PM
Nah mate, you want meat flavours with Smarties. Orange for chicken, brown for beef, red for pork, and the yellow can be mustard.

Any other colour is a lie!

Well you are allowed Prawn Cocktail Smarties and that's that.

Quote from: imitationleather on December 15, 2016, 01:25:49 PM
I enjoy Worcester Sauce.

No you don't.

Quote from: imitationleather on December 15, 2016, 01:25:49 PM
Get a load of Mr. Mythbusters over here.

Neither have you busted any myths: instead you're just perpetuating a lie fed to us for years by politicians and other such figures of authority.

Have any of you actually seen a crisp in real life? I bet you haven't. I know I haven't.