Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread

Started by hewantstolurkatad, May 02, 2016, 05:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 22, 2017, 10:11:28 PM
Ah. I don't really see that, Bliss seems to be the woman of the moment online (a large part of that being creepy fanboys), and Banks and Bayley get shit on now.

I do think Banks carried Bliss to her best matches though. That doesn't mean Bliss didn't play a part, but it means working with the experience of a Banks took her to another level which she hadn't previously seen. All of Alexa's matches on Smackdown ranged from average to downright sloppy (those series of matches with Naomi, yeesh).

Banks as a character is pretty turd right now, but she still doesn't put on bad matches. And she's never been in a segment as bad as Bliss hosting Bayley's This Is Your Life. Although creative do take the brunt for that one.

Maybe I've not got a good eye for wrestling. I see that Sasha is a better wrestler than Bliss, but not that much better. She's been doing it longer. This idea that Banks is a ring general bringing Bliss to new heights seems like an overstatement of her ability. Like, Sasha has had some incredible matches, but so has John Cena, and I still see him as quite a sloppy wrestler. She's not immune from having some stinkers and I've certainly seen a few from her.

On a more salty note, Bayley deserves to be booed. I've always hated that character and she is atrocious on the mic. A bit of bad booking and a backlash might be what she needs to fire up.

Ja'moke

Bayley's NXT character was quite different from her Raw character though, and I do put most of that blame on main roster creative. Although, yes, she is bad on the mic, but Bayley in her original form didn't need to cut long promos. Her character in NXT was of the girl who achieved her childhood dream and represented that to the fullest, becoming a role model to other young female fans with the same dreams. She had a childlike enthusiasm but could still switch gears and become aggressive when necessary (like in her matches with Nia and Sasha).

On the main roster, they confused "childlike enthusiasm" for an actual child. Talking about how she's probably never kissed a boy, and how embarrassing it is that she wanted to be a wrestler! Eww, imagine your dream is wanting to be a wrestler? Bliss consistently buried Bayley's character, again, not her fault, Bliss doesn't write the scripts, and they never gave Bayley her revenge. Instead, she was too scared to even use a kendo stick, very different from the Bayley we saw towards the end of her NXT run.

Bayley was a character that I thought would be near impossible to fuck-up, and somehow it's happened. And I'm not even sure how they fix it. Turn her heel? How will Bayley work as a heel unless they completely overhaul her character, killing any chance of returning to Bayley of NXT?

I'm dreading how they'll ruin Asuka.

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 22, 2017, 11:32:06 PM
I'm dreading how they'll ruin Asuka.

If they ruin Asuka I'll never forgive them. She is the most awesome.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 22, 2017, 11:56:31 PM
If they ruin Asuka I'll never forgive them. She is the most awesome.

She seems unruinable. Although WWE tends to find a way.

Ja'moke

By making her wrestle in tag matches every week and then losing to Alexa Bliss in her first PPV match. ;)

up_the_hampipe

It would be an honour for her to be in the same ring as Miss Bliss!

There's Bobby Roode on Smackdown then. Apparently the higher ups have a boner for him so he's going to get quite a push soon.

Ja'moke

Seem to have brought him in as a face which is odd. Maybe he'll be feuding with Jinder very soon.

up_the_hampipe

The Gold Standard too! Smackdown stacking up after losing Cena.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 23, 2017, 02:09:17 AM
Seem to have brought him in as a face which is odd. Maybe he'll be feuding with Jinder very soon.

I imagine that's just because Aiden English is a great person to introduce him against. I imagine he'll be showing his true colours soon enough. I can see him feuding with AJ over the US title.

In non-wrestling news Jon Jones has failed another drugs test, which fucks up Brock's plan to leave for a superfight.

Deanjam