Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pinball

Started by Neil, May 04, 2016, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Just notices recently that Zen Software's mighty "Fx Pinball 2" was released on the Xbox One, and you can import your 360 tables! It's also available as Zen Pinball on the Playstation. (And its on Steam too, as FX I think.)

Great news, as I used to love this game, and the Street Fighter II table!

Love a bit of pinball, me.

The software is free, and you get one table included, then it's a couple of quid for each table (2.39 or something, plus packs of 4 for about 7 quid.)

Highly recommended! There's a lot of comic-based tables, and a whole slew of Star Wars ones now. Even two South Park tables.

Entropy Balsmalch

Which is the one with the mansion and the ghost?

I became obsessed with that table on the 360. It was the only one I ever clocked.

It wasn't nightmare mansion. What was it? A little Casper like ghost and two kids...

(I know I could Google this, but I'm using the Frank Skinner rule of "only look up what you don't know - never what you can't remember)

Benjaminos

I love pinball, but I could never get to grips with Pinball FX - it's too far removed from reality, and the rulesets are really complicated. I'm firmly in the Pinball Arcade camp, there are some cracking tables on there. Addams Family, Medieval Madness, Theatre of Magic, Star Trek: TNG - I could play it for days, except my reflexes go to shit as soon as I'm even slightly tired.

So this isn't a post where I just jump into a thread and shit all over the first post, here is the best pinball music in history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

Hollow

Pinball FX man, I tried Pinball arcade but I found it lacking so much I liked about FX, only bought one table.

It's out on PS4 too btw.

Entropy Balsmalch

Sorcerer's Lair!

I downloaded it for PS4, but didn't want to buy all the tables over again. Or work at some of the high scores I racked up on the 360. I know at least a couple of CaBbers of old (quite who though I forget as their names are different online and I'm awful at names) who I was CRUSHING WITH MY PINBALL MIGHT!

However, one day I played for far too long and had, what I now believe to be, some sort of seizure.

Basically the flashing took over completely and the world felt like it tilted to the right by a fraction of a degree and I had no idea what I was doing for a good few seconds. I've tried to avoid games like that - non blinkers as I call them - and learned my lesson again with Resogun. I'm obviously a bit photo sensitive - or my TV adds flicker which my non blinking exacerbates. Annoying so it is.