Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2016 - football in France thing

Started by Morrison Lard, May 10, 2016, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrison Lard

1 month today and this kicks off!

A few teams making their first appearances- Wales, Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Iceland
Even Al-fucking-bania?!

This competition is wide open, Clive. Just like your mum.
11 time winners, The Bosch, are surely les favoris.

Sensible time-zone for this tournament, no staying up til 2am to watch Honduras trying to work out the rules in-game.
A month of football and good times on CaB is almost upon us.

Tell me of the wild Euro 2016 adventures you're planning!

chand

Quote from: Morrison Lard on May 10, 2016, 04:46:28 PM
Tell me of the wild Euro 2016 adventures you're planning!

I'm going to watch many of the games in my house, on the television. Might even have a beer occasionally.

Danger Man

I will be supporting Russia, Wales and Slovakia.

mothman

I spent a blissful half hour putting all the game times into my Outlook calendar at work. *happy sigh*

im barry bethel

imitationleather

So gutted that the kick offs are at normal times. Still, plenty of 9pm games, which should be fun.

I feel this is a good time to mention that when I bought a plant I called it Clive in honour of the World Cup 2014 thread. (My thought process at time: "You're 28 now, Elliot. It's time to look after a living thing other than yourself and prove you can manage it without it dying." A year on and he's still going strong, so I can't be as bad as the doctors and my girlfriend say.)

Expecting some dire refereeing and football in the group stages as minnows park the bus.

England to win? No. Our kit is too shit.

imitationleather

Quote from: im barry bethel on May 10, 2016, 05:50:22 PM
Who's gonna two's up with Clive now?

As it happens, only yesterday I posted this on facebook:
Just thought about how Euro 2016 won't be commentated by the dream team of Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend struggling to describe what I am viewing with my own eyes and got a bit sad. "It's a travesty for me, Clive." No Adrian Chiles and co presenting on an actual beach wearing fucking shorts like it's nothing, neither.

Deanjam

Quote from: chand on May 10, 2016, 04:54:43 PM
I'm going to watch many of the games in my house, on the television. Might even have a beer occasionally.

Show off!

Deanjam

England v Wales 3 o'clock on a thursday? Marvellous.

Van Dammage

John Terry to be the sole commentator on each match.

Captain Z

Rooney to secure another 4 years of captaincy after scoring England's only goal of the campaign from a 78th-minute penalty vs Wales.

doppelkorn

I'm going to Romania vs. Albania. Dead rubber you think? Not with the top three teams from each group going through, Clive.

Seven of us are taking a people carrier down. We've started making the Spotify playlist already.

kngen

I'm looking forward to Scotland's sole representative, the execrable referee Willie Collum, making a string of bizarre and baffling decisions that will enrage at least one of our European neighbours and quite possibly kick off another pan-continental war.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

England to come back from 2-0 down to win every game in the 92nd minute with a towering header.

Quote from: mothman on May 10, 2016, 05:38:29 PM
I spent a blissful half hour putting all the game times into my Outlook calendar at work. *happy sigh*

You can add this Sky Sports calendar to your personal calendar and it's got all the fixtures on it automatically: webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/competitions/euro-2016?live=false

If I had a job I'd be wasting their time too, though.

Mr Banlon

I wanted to go to Paris in June. I didn't know this bollocks was going on.

Crabwalk

Eric Dier's going to have to work fucking hard.

RDRR

-------------------------------------------------------- Joe Hart

Kyler Walkers ------------------- Gary Cahill ----------------------------- Phil Jagelka ------------------- Leighnton Baines

----------------------------- Jordan Henderson 2016 ------------------- James Miliner[nb]Playing in a holding role[/nb]

---Andros Townsend (C) ------------------------------ Ross Barkley[nb]Bombing on from midfield[/nb] ----------------------------------- Jamie Vardy

------------------------------------------------ Harry-Kane

Oh wait just remembered Woy is still in charge... forget it

mook

Quote from: Morrison Lard on May 10, 2016, 04:46:28 PM
... Honduras ...

they were the second best thing to happen during the world cup. full on football mayhem.

& i've just found out that austrailia had a song in this years eurosong contest - if that's allowed to happen, sure as shit honduras should be allowed to play in euro 2016 & kick lumps out of whoever the fuck they want.

biggytitbo

England to lose the first match 27-0 and get relegated even though thats not in the rules.

Captain Z

Hart

Stones, Terry, Lampard, Milner

Henderson, Milner, Rooney, Wilshere

Rooney, Heskey

Subs: Gerrard, Carrol, Baines, Sturridge, Milner

RDRR

Uncle TechTip

Anything as long as he's tracking back and clearing his lines.

BlodwynPig

Allez once more, but my third team, Albania are in it and I hope they surpass my second team's achievements - a la Letchkov and Stoichkov.

England to dazzle and ensure the Royal Family have another four years of goodwill.

Captain Z

Quote from: RDRR on May 16, 2016, 02:05:08 PM
Holding role or bombing on?

I believe I saw Rooney's bombing described as incredibly lifelike, but not viable.

BlodwynPig

finnquark

Collymore is on another level tonight. Delph is top class, Wilshere fabulous, etc. Poor Saggers is getting an earful.

Osmium

Quote from: RDRR on May 16, 2016, 02:05:08 PM
Holding role or bombing on?
Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 16, 2016, 03:54:11 PM
Anything as long as he's tracking back and clearing his lines.
Quote from: Captain Z on May 16, 2016, 05:27:09 PM
I believe I saw Rooney's bombing described as incredibly lifelike, but not viable.

What's his hair got to do with it?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Captain Z on May 22, 2016, 05:55:24 PM
Really this should be discussed in the dedicated Euros thread.
Agreed.
You're a bit optimistic with England only conceding 1 goal in 3 matches!

Quote from: imitationleather on May 22, 2016, 06:00:48 PM
Can't be arsed to find that thread
Hi.