Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lady Gaga is Cilla Black

Started by Alberon, May 13, 2016, 04:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

A new biopic on Dione Warwick has been announced, and Lady Gaga is, apparently, going to play her arch nemesis Cilla Black.

QuoteFormer Destiny's Child singer LeToya Luckett will play Warwick, while Danny Glover will play her father.

Cilla Black, who died in 2015 aged 72, was Warwick's nemesis for many years, after Black's version of Anyone Who Had a Heart eclipsed Warwick's original.

A spokesman for Cilla Black's estate commented: "We think Lady Gaga is fabulous! She's a great actress and we really look forward to seeing her portrayal."

Asked on Friday why she regarded Black as her nemesis, Warwick said it was "because she stole my music".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36284812

biggytitbo

Amazing. Even more surprised that Seth Rogan is playing Jimmy Tarbuck.

Serge

Bradley Walsh as Burt Bacharach.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It'll be a Lorra Lorra....

..I've just realised I know nothing at all about the Gaga figure. Is it even possible to finish that one?

olliebean

Gaga has denied any knowledge of this, apparently.

Glebe

Quote from: olliebean on May 13, 2016, 11:38:19 PMGaga has denied any knowledge of this, apparently.

Yup, seems that way.

QuoteUPDATE: All change! Contrary to what we reported earlier, it looks like Lady Gaga may not be so quick to fill Cilla's boots. According to her publicist, "reports of Gaga starring in the project are false." Though Dionne Warwick's rep has yet to comment, this does all seem a bit bizarre when journalists at Cannes were apparently shown promotional posters for the biopic that included Gaga's name. Has the singer officially said 'tara'? Or will she Surprise! Surprise! and star after all? Watch this space.

I heard Sheridan Smith is playing Montel Williams.

Skip Bittman

There's definitely nothing bizarre about a company bullshitting in Cannes and making claims to get a movie financed via misleading posters. They don't even have a director! The spirit of Cannon lives on.

I'm just bitter we never got Charles Bronson as The Golem.

wooders1978

I was looking forward to gagas interpritation of blind date

Alberon

According to Digital Spy Warwick is insisting Gaga is still attached to the project.

Though another website notes the production company has form for this sort of thing.

QuoteIt was the second time in months that AMBI Pictures, a company founded by Italian producer Andrea Iervolino and Monika Bacardi, was caught blatantly overstating a project. AMBI made headlines in February when it claimed to be distributing a movie starring Pope Francis. The Vatican promptly denied that.