Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:44:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carry On temporarily exhumed again

Started by Bad Ambassador, May 17, 2016, 11:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

http://variety.com/2016/film/global/carry-on-comedy-movie-revived-1201775752/

Of course, there've been a million previous such announcements over the years, but this one looks more promising than most, since it's been made by people which a track record for producing something released within my lifetime.

The first two projects are "Carry On Doctors" (obvious) and "Carry On Campus" (a decent idea - universities seem to be the one major British institution other than government the series never touched). Any concerns I had they might be good were eradicated by
Quotewill be written by Tim Dawson and Susan Nickson, the writers of hit BBC sitcom "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps."

Blumf

Will they be set in the present day? I couldn't see that working.

Whatever, ain't happening, and even if it does, the 2PoL&aPoC link guarantees shiteness.

Custard

Susan Nickson is fucking dreadful

Can't wait!

Alberon

It does seem to be a British tradition of announcing a new 'Carry On' film every few years. As anyone with half a braincell would realise though there is utterly no point to trying to bring it back as the films were very much of their time and, arguably, that time ran out about five years before the series itself came to a grinding halt with Carry on Emmanuelle.