Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dear Tony Slattery, I've got to get something off my chest....

Started by Jake Thingray, May 17, 2016, 09:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Thingray

Shoulders?-Stomach!

After a quick analysis of the statistics, solid confirmation 740 out of the last 800 mentions of Tony Slattery have been on this forum.

Which is odd as there were only 34 mentions anyway.

up_the_hampipe

Is Tony Slattery still a depressed recluse? I haven't seen him around much.

Goldentony

fucksake Southgate it was a fucking penaty, how did you miss that

Shoulders?-Stomach!

mothman

I'll buy that for a dollar! ... wait, what are we doing, again?

Beagle 2

Twitter is not a video game. It's just not a video game. Why bother going to all that fucking effort compiling a to

Steven

I like Tony Slattery and loved him on WLIIA, so he can get fucked about trying to kill himself through various means.

Love you Tone, you stupid self-destructive cunt of a 80s ubiquitous twat who's actually quite funny otherwise.

biggytitbo

Tony Slattery

- floppy fringe
- rude to Clive Anderson
- say something smutty or crap
- laugh at own jokes
- make shite sitcoms
- oh god not John Sessions!

Was probably my favourite.

Icehaven

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 17, 2016, 09:53:04 PM
Is Tony Slattery still a depressed recluse? I haven't seen him around much.

He's appearing in a play at the Birmingham Rep theatre soon, I saw a poster for it when I was there with my Mum a few weeks ago and I mentioned how much I'd fancied him when I was 13. She looked worried.
Edit; play is Shadowlands. 
Edit 2: On further inspection it appears he's dropped out due to health reasons, so in answer to your original question, quite possibly. He's been replaced in the play by Cassandra's Dad from OFAH. 

He may now be a wackjob, but heterosexual me had a sort of man-crush on the suave, handsome, witty fellow when I was a student.

DrunkCountry

Oh dear what can the matter be
I've fallen in love with Tony Slattery
I asked for a kiss but instead he shat on me
& left my anus yawning.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

For Bonus Points; Who was the person who gave Tony Slattery his big break in showbiz, and his first national telly appearnce (after the televised Cambridge Footlights)?

Sam

If you google image him he looks like about 7 different people.

touchingcloth

Coincidentally I was watching Slattery's appearance on Hancock's Room 101 the other day on the YouTubes. Nick should have denied Tony's arguments for banishing "my own sanity" - he has blood on his hands, now.

Tony Yeboah

Tony Slattery interview. He's getting by. He has a monthly slot at a small performance space in Liverpool where he interviews other 80s/90s celebrities https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/comedian-tony-slattery-battle-bipolar-14308392

Blue Jam

As an undergrad I once shared a flat with Tony Slattery's niece. She liked to namedrop her famous uncle but did it less and less as his personal problems got worse.

She also looked quite a lot like him, which was unfortunate...

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 14, 2019, 09:51:37 AM
As an undergrad I once shared a flat with Tony Slattery's niece. She liked to namedrop her famous uncle but did it less and less as his personal problems got worse.

She also looked quite a lot like him, which was unfortunate...

Haggard and white-haired, with a heavy beard?

MidnightShambler

I was genuinely taken aback looking at the recent picture of him. It shouldn't be a surprise that people get old but when you haven't seen them for a while it doesn't half shock you. In my mind he was still as he was when he was being foppish and presenting Trivial Pursuit, not looking like Radovan Karadzic.

Anyway, hope he feels better these days, he's obviously had a hard time of it.

Twed

Made his TV debut on OTT IIRC. He must have though he couldn't go downhill from there.

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on April 14, 2019, 05:07:15 PM
Made his TV debut on OTT IIRC. He must have though he couldn't go downhill from there.

Or rather, the only way was up.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dear Tony Slattery
I hate to stoop to flattery
But I'd commit assault and battery
In a local cattery
If I could see your twattery

Fabian Thomsett

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on April 14, 2019, 08:44:03 AM
Tony Slattery interview. He's getting by. He has a monthly slot at a small performance space in Liverpool where he interviews other 80s/90s celebrities https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/comedian-tony-slattery-battle-bipolar-14308392

The troubled funnyman has been to hell and back.

He's more relaxed now that he's discovered who he really is.

We're all guilty.

Gulftastic

'Tony Slattery and his Phony Cattery' is one of my favourite ever titles for a Viz one-off strip.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 14, 2019, 07:15:09 PM
'Tony Slattery and his Phony Cattery' is one of my favourite ever titles for a Viz one-off strip.

lol, I really love the ones where they've obviously worked back from the title.

Loo Attendant Columbo was a personal fave.

easytarget

Small Man Big Horse

I had no idea he was gay until I read that article, to think, all those years of fancying him and I really was in with a (tiny) chance of seducing him had we met.