Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dear Tony Slattery, I've got to get something off my chest....

Started by Jake Thingray, May 17, 2016, 09:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 01, 2019, 08:42:53 PM
I wish I hadn't clicked on that. The Cambridge union should've known better than to post it online. What purpose does it serve?

That makes a pissed up Oliver Reed seem almost dignified. And all the empty seats. Heartbreaking.

phantom_power

Tony Slattery's Toe Knee Twattery - the 90s funnywreck wanders the street kicking and kneeing random elderly people

poodlefaker

Slatternly Slattery's Sluttery: the troubled comic meets women whose lifestyles are as ill-disciplined as his own. Tonight's episode: Doncaster.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fat And Gay With Tony Slattery

Tony Slattery discusses his life as an overweight homosexual, and meets other overweight homosexuals to get their views.

Cuellar

Replies From View

That's Being Littered! in Slattery's Cattery

Come and witness cats being born and assembled into batches for distribution to pet shops and restaurants the world over.

Replies From View

Jitterbug Slattery Rattles Widows with Tittle-Tattle

Comedian Tony Slattery wreaks merry hell on the lives of those who have survived a dying spouse by spreading gossip about them and maliciously dancing around in an unpredictable manner.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've Taken Loads Of Cocaine, Me! with Tony Slattery

The famous comedian  and complete wreck Tony Slattery talks about having taken loads of cocaine whilst wearing a gaudy Hawaiian shirt, and being formerly the world's most handsome man and nowadays looking like a more haggard version of that Danish actor fella from " The Bridge " and " Killing Eve". Also featuring: the long term effects of a drink problem.

Noonling

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 02, 2019, 04:19:01 PM
I've Taken Loads Of Cocaine, Me! with Tony Slattery

The famous comedian  and complete wreck Tony Slattery talks about having taken loads of cocaine whilst wearing a gaudy Hawaiian shirt, and being formerly the world's most handsome man and nowadays looking like a more haggard version of that Danish actor fella from " The Bridge " and " Killing Eve". Also featuring: the long term effects of a drink problem.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A FLORAL SHIRT, HOW DARE YOU.

Interview uploaded now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUniS5ZwPc

DrGreggles

Tony's Latte Rye*

Tony Slattery puts some grain in his coffee.

*Spin-off from 'Tony's Cappuccino Barley'

Replies From View

Lazenby Passers-by with Late-Running Slattery

This programme is supposed to be on at around noon, but our host always arrives drunk and apologising for his lateness and asking what time it's supposed to start.  Same time as always, Slattery!  So it goes out live at around 5pm instead, which is okay, no real harm done to the telly schedules, and by this point the show has been titled to take Slattery's lateness into account (rather than just reschedule the show as you'd think).

The premise?  Tony Slattery gets passers-by up from the pavement onto the stage to do a "simple but difficult" game of impersonating George Lazenby.  The catch?  No James Bond quotations allowed!  It's fun, it's silly, it's simple but difficult it's wonderful oooohhhh it's just so lovely.

Quote from: SteveDave on May 02, 2019, 09:58:28 AM
I've unfollowed him on Twitter dot com due to him clogging up my feed with "humorous" versions of the names of people who tweet "Tony Slattery" at him.

Can you give us any e.gs?

Replies From View

Lonely Aspirins with Tony Slaspirins (nee Slattery)

It's puppet time with your favourite children's entertainer, Tony Slaspirins (nee Slattery)!  Now look here, it's all painkillers dissolving in water and they'll keep fizzing away until the time runs out!  What's this?  Yes, the aspirins do speak, and they speak their emotions and they are all lonely!!

Replies From View

Rattle Me Hearties with Kattle Be Flarties (nee Tony Slattery)

Ahoy there!  It's pirate ship bounty man Kattle Be Flarties (nee Tony Slattery) and he's off to commandeer another galleon!

His heart!  It rattles!  Which is a deeply confusing issue to arise in a galleon environment where so much rattling is continually taking place!  So hilarity ensues when he repeatedly misses the warning signs and fails to go to the doctor early enough to sort his heart out when he needs to!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 02, 2019, 06:28:21 PM
He seems quite a bit better there

Yes.  Like several others here I bailed on the Cambridge Union interview after a few minutes.  I did wonder if the slurring was at least partly due to the anti-bipolar drugs he was on, and if side-effects like that were one reason why he'd come off them since then.

Now having seen this rather better interview, that would indeed seem to be the case... let's just hope he carries on functioning ok without them.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 03, 2019, 12:24:50 PM
Yes.  Like several others here I bailed on the Cambridge Union interview after a few minutes.  I did wonder if the slurring was at least partly due to the anti-bipolar drugs he was on, and if side-effects like that were one reason why he'd come off them since then.

Now having seen this rather better interview, that would indeed seem to be the case...

That might have been a contributing factor but Slattery was most definitely sloshed in that interview.  Heck, he even had a mostly empty bottle of wine on the table next to him.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 03, 2019, 12:24:50 PM

Now having seen this rather better interview, that would indeed seem to be the case... let's just hope he carries on functioning ok without them.

Yep. In spite of his self-confessed nervousness during that interview, he was lucid and didn't slur his words at all. I hope his Edinburgh show is a success and leads to more offers of work. He'll never be the sharp Tony Slattery we all remember from his '90s pomp, but if he's still capable of entertaining people while being a reliable professional, then I don't see why people won't hire him.

Operty1

Just a bump to say that Slattery is being interviewed by Iain Lee tonight at 11 on TalkRADIO.

Edit.

He really doesn't sound well at all.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 29, 2019, 08:08:44 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/29/tony-slattery-had-very-happy-time-went-slightly-barmy

Something from that interview raised a question:

Quote"A psychiatrist once said to me: 'Bear in mind that some things are so deeply buried there is nothing to be gained by an archeological dig. Keep it buried,'" he says.

Is that good advice? Would it be better to air that stuff?

Twed

I always thought Slattery was from a posh background, and I realise that this is entirely because he had posh person hair.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Operty1 on May 15, 2019, 10:14:40 PM
Just a bump to say that Slattery is being interviewed by Iain Lee tonight at 11 on TalkRADIO.

Edit.

He really doesn't sound well at all.

Whole interview is up as a podcast under 'Iain Lee's Late Night Alternative'.

Small Man Big Horse

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I can't be the only person here who saw this thread being bumped and assumed he'd got Corona and died.