Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shadow of the Beast PS4

Started by Hollow, May 18, 2016, 12:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollow

They done and made an actually good game from the style over substance bones of the Amiga classic 'who cares how it plays, look at that shit!' game.

And the original is in there too with it's dreamy soundtrack, which is worth the 11.99 on it's own, probably.

Someone put some screens up for me please, it's gorgeous.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It couldn't be worse than Shadow of the Colossus.

Hollow

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 18, 2016, 01:00:16 AM
It couldn't be worse than Shadow of the Colossus.

Incomparable really.

I just discovered you can play the new one with the old music and I jizzed in my gruds.

Hollow

I'm seeing nothing but shit to mediocre reviews of this and that's total shite, I'll post a retro biased look at the first area to lend some balance, not that anyone will watch it, but you should.

It's been unfairly treated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCD9t1cwcQ

Bhazor

The worst part of the reviews are that they criticise for the exact same reason they praise Dark Souls. The punishing difficulty, the story told through item descriptions, the lack of breadcrumb/pop up tutorials. Its like they wrote a review saying "Thank god a game that doesn't hand hold you, that leaves you explore at your own pace and slowly discover the world." and then a month later write "Dear god, this game is impossible. There is no in game help and so I got stuck for an hour and its the game's fault."

Hollow

It's cause it's 2D, newer people don't know what to do with it, unless it's Mario.

Hollow

I've just secured 16th on the leaderboard for world two, room for improvement too.

I'm loving this, highly addictive.

Hollow

Quote from: Bhazor on May 19, 2016, 01:34:51 AM
The worst part of the reviews are that they criticise for the exact same reason they praise Dark Souls. The punishing difficulty, the story told through item descriptions, the lack of breadcrumb/pop up tutorials. Its like they wrote a review saying "Thank god a game that doesn't hand hold you, that leaves you explore at your own pace and slowly discover the world." and then a month later write "Dear god, this game is impossible. There is no in game help and so I got stuck for an hour and its the game's fault."

The thing about that bit is the clue is right there, it's a good in your face visual puzzle, I got stuck, but I didn't blame the game.