Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dot Jam (late announcement)

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, October 31, 2004, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

To whoever made the Jam'd up version of that eastenders clip where Dot goes in to see the Jam doctor, it may (I reapeat MAY) be shown tonight at Bristol's Cube Cinema as part of an evening of short horror films.  This came together very recently (about an hour ago to be precise) so I wasn't able to come on and talk about it earlier, but wanted to let people know before it happened - and again I still don't know if it's actually going to be shown or not.  But if it does, I'll let you know how it went down.

Dr David V

Just so you know, there were several. I think one was by Rats, and another by The Unicorn (I think) and at least one more.

gazzyk1ns

It doesn't really concern or bother me, but...

1. How do you know about this?

2. How did the cinema hear about/come into possession of the clip?

3. If they show it, don't they owe the creator some money? Or might the BBC not like it? Or it it all just considered as an acceptable one-off?

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Dr David V"Just so you know, there were several. I think one was by Rats, and another by The Unicorn (I think) and at least one more.

Cough, one by me.  The one with Dot and Dennis just before they went in.

HERE

Santa's Boyfriend

1: I helped organise the evening and provided some of the films shown.

2: I showed it to them a while ago.

3: It's unofficial, and as such is generally considered ok as a one-off, as long as people don't make too much of a fuss, as indeed is the situation with the creation of the clip itself, and much of the stuff on this site.

It's all academic anyway - we didn't show it in the end for several reasons, one of which being unable to contact the creator in time to get permission, which is generally considered good manners in this kind of situation - but also because I didn't think the clip, great as it is, would make much sense to people who hadn't seen Jam.