Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ressurected Topic: When Animals Attack

Started by Hairy Chin, February 02, 2004, 10:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Chin

I thought I'd broaden it from the 'When Squirrels Go Nuts' thread I started a good old while back, which has now been committed to the VW topic graveyard.

Anyway, I thought I'd sling this one in to start:
Dog Drives Milk Float Into Pensioner

Just to concrete my  belief that animls (or aminals if you're dyslexic) are trying to overthrow us; US - their human masters and betters.

Cheeky buggers.

butnut

Capuchin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3382997.stm

Mountain lion.

He scores points by dragging his victim by her head, but lets the side down getting scared off by some poxy stones.

And it's 'rogue'. How is it rogue? Did it sign an agreement with the US government to be a good little lion?

The Plaque Goblin

From the FOREST & WYE VALLEY REVIEW, pg3, w/e 16th JANUARY 2004

QuoteIf you meet 'Big Pig'- don't panic!

WITHIN days of the Review story about wild pigs returning to the Forest, people in and around Cinderford were hot on the trail of a very real boar which rampaged down the High Street.

Forest rangers have been asked to keep an eye open for the enormous animal, which knocked over a pensioner in the busy street, breaking her leg, before heading off in the direction of Heywood School.

"Now we don't even know if it is still in the Forest," said a Forest Enterprise spokesperson.

"I imagine if it was cornered in a supermarket or something it could be quite dangerous, but we are not really worried about it harming people in the woods because boars are largely nocturnal.

If anyone does come across a boar the advice from Defra is not to panic and to leave it well alone. They will usually run away from people.

"We know they can travel long distances and move very fast so it could be anywhere by now. If we did find it taking up residence here we would have to consult on what to do - there is no shoot to kill policy."

The boar began its dash for freedom as it was being unloaded at Ensor's abattoir, heading past an astonished Keith James in his High Street greengrocer's shop.

"I could see its back through my window and I thought at first it was a big dog, but then it ran on really fast up the street. It really got a shift on - I couldn't have moved that fast. I'm glad it didn't come in the shop!" said Keith.

Grandmother Jean Kirton said she was crossing the road and did not even see the animal before it charged into her legs and sent her flying.

Jean said after the accident her daughter called round and warned her not to go out because there was a wild boar on the loose. "I said `I know - it's just knocked me down!"

Two men got out of a car which had stopped at the crossing to help her, and hair stylist Jo Wayman from the David John Hair Company helped her up and gave her a cup of tea.

"She was really shaken and she had what we thought was a badly-bruised leg, which was really hurting," Jo told the Review.

"It was next day before somebody thought it was more serious and took her to the Dilke, where it was found her leg was broken.

http://www.britishwildboar.org.uk/