Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Resident Evil 7

Started by Entropy Balsmalch, June 18, 2016, 12:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

What's all this paedo business?

St_Eddie

Quote from: magval on March 25, 2018, 09:33:02 AM
What's all this paedo business?

Capcom altered Barry Burton's character in the remake to have pedophilic tendencies.  It's something of a controversial change within the Resident Evil community but it suits his character I think.

magval

Explain this scandalous accusation.

popcorn

I think it's Capcom who needs to explain.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on March 25, 2018, 02:13:26 PM
I think it's Capcom who needs to explain.

They've remained bizarrely tight lipped on the subject.  I'd be curious to hear the rationale behind that scene.  Quite honestly, I'm surprised that it got past the censors.

Consignia

Hmm... Pretty on the fence about revelations 2 at the moment. Really not all that fussed on raid mode or co op. Maybe I'll just get arms instead.

magval

Lethal.

Now I've got "Barry-Burton paedo" in my search history and I'm STILL none the wiser.

Someone clue me in lads.

Consignia

You remember the line about Jill Sandwiches? Barry only makes sexually suggestive comments when idea the target is smaller (by victim of squashing in this case). Think about it.

Shay Chaise

Quote from: Consignia on March 25, 2018, 02:47:51 PM
Hmm... Pretty on the fence about revelations 2 at the moment. Really not all that fussed on raid mode or co op. Maybe I'll just get arms instead.

Yes, champ. You know what to do. We will finally get a CaB ARMS night in.

If you're in any doubt, I'll throw in a handy (handjob).

St_Eddie

Quote from: Consignia on March 25, 2018, 05:56:03 PM
You remember the line about Jill Sandwiches? Barry only makes sexually suggestive comments when idea the target is smaller (by victim of squashing in this case). Think about it.

Well, that and the scene where he fucks a kid, whilst shouting "I'm a massive paedo!"

popcorn

And Jill and Chris shout "It's good, it's good that he's a paedo".

Ferris

Can't believe I missed all these references, but the signs were all there.

Spoon of Ploff

Puts "Revelations 2 - Penal Colony" in a whole new and disturbing light.

Consignia

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 26, 2018, 03:50:25 PM
Well, that and the scene where he fucks a kid, whilst shouting "I'm a massive paedo!"

Hmm... that scene's just too ambiguous to fully persuade.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 26, 2018, 05:23:36 PM
Can't believe I missed all these references, but the signs were all there.

Bazza's beard was a dead give away.  Only a paedo would grow a beard like that.  I should know.

Quote from: Consignia on March 26, 2018, 06:52:16 PM
Hmm... that scene's just too ambiguous to fully persuade.

It is quite subtle, yes but read between the lines and you'll be throwing up last night's dinner in disgust soon enough, or wanking with gay abandon.  Either/or.

Desirable Industrial Unit

There's a reading of Revelations 2 that involves our Barry dying during it, and everything that happens afterwards being a death trip.  This sort of thing is usually a load of bollocks but it does work, at least if you don't stare at it too closely.

All I want from Barry is a big ginger beard, and sadly no game other than the original's live-action intro has delivered that.

bgmnts

Quote from: Desirable Industrial Unit on March 27, 2018, 02:35:44 AM
All I want from Barry is a big ginger beard, and sadly no game other than the original's live-action intro has delivered that.

In many ways, you could say the series peaked there.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Desirable Industrial Unit on March 27, 2018, 02:35:44 AM

Amen to that.

popcorn

RE1 FINISHED.

Thank fuck for that. Thought the last chapter, in the labs, was an improvement - self-contained, no fuck-you-over-suddenly puzzles, no more bloody dogs. I braced myself for a painful and irritating bit with the fuel transport, but I'd already cleared all the enemies out so... it just amounted to walking from end of the area to the other. Odd. The last boss was breathtakingly trivial, almost as much as RE7's.

It's got its moments, but it's not a great game. I have already explained why, and you're all convinced.

bgmnts

Yay!

Now get crackin' on Resi 2.

popcorn

I thought the Resident Evil Rap over the credits was surprisingly effective.

St_Eddie

I've taken a break from the world of zombies and ink ribbons, to finish Dreamfall: Chapters.  I reckon I'll play Resident Evil 3 after that though.

Quote from: popcorn on April 02, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
RE1 FINISHED.

I salute your tenacity.

Quote from: popcorn on April 02, 2018, 05:01:06 PM
I thought the Resident Evil Rap over the credits was surprisingly effective.

It's aces.  I like the video that plays alongside the credits, of DJ Bearded Bazza, spinning records, throwing shapes and fucking kids like a champ.

popcorn

Quote from: Bazooka on March 03, 2018, 06:39:52 PM
Popcorn please continue, I have not played this game for about a decade but the narrative of your play through is brilliant, and I want to watch the stream where you encounter the final boss.

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 04, 2018, 11:23:16 AM
PREVIEW: "Oh, bullsit!  Bullshit!  Fucking bullshit! Gahhhhh!"

I won't agree, personally but that'll be his response.

What was all this about then? The last boss is completely innocuous.

The stream of me doing the last hour of the game is still up if anyone wants it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245754079

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Once I get done with Residents Evil Zero and One, I think I'll finally get myself a copy of Resi 7. Which version  should I get though? I heard that the DLC is free, but that sounds like an idea so fantastical as to be utterly impossible. Also, we're constantly low on disk space, so would I be better off spending more for the Gold Edition?

bgmnts

I personally think the DLC is a rare good addition. I enjoyed playing them.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on April 05, 2018, 08:15:47 AM
What was all this about then? The last boss is completely innocuous.

Sorry, man.  Trust you to school a tyrant.  You're a bad mo-fo.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 05, 2018, 05:32:55 PM
Once I get done with Residents Evil Zero and One, I think I'll finally get myself a copy of Resi 7. Which version  should I get though? I heard that the DLC is free, but that sounds like an idea so fantastical as to be utterly impossible. Also, we're constantly low on disk space, so would I be better off spending more for the Gold Edition?

I absolutely adore the DLC.  There's some serious continuity issues between the DLC and the main game but they're still more than worthy of your attention, in my opinion.

popcorn

Oh, you were just saying that because you thought I was crap at RE. Well, think again, I'm actually brilliant. I was expecting some more horrible anti-design.

I thought the Chris DLC (the free one) was startlingly bad and the reversal of everything that made the main game great. But I seem to be living in opposites world when it comes to RE opinions. Part of me wonders about trying the other ones.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on April 06, 2018, 07:33:19 AM
Oh, you were just saying that because you thought I was crap at RE. Well, think again, I'm actually brilliant. I was expecting some more horrible anti-design.

Actually, I thought that you'd find the player having to wait for the rocket launcher to drop to be bullshit, for some reason.

Also, yes; I thought that you'd be terrible at it.

Quote from: popcorn on April 06, 2018, 07:33:19 AMI thought the Chris DLC (the free one) was startlingly bad and the reversal of everything that made the main game great. But I seem to be living in opposites world when it comes to RE opinions.

I'm yet to play the last two DLCs; Not a Hero (the Chris one) and End of Zoe, so I don't have a opinion on those ones yet.  I haven't heard good things about them though, so I don't think that your opinion is unique.  I really like the other DLCs though.

Quote from: popcorn on April 06, 2018, 07:33:19 AMPart of me wonders about trying the other ones.

I'd recommend that you wait for the remake of Resident Evil 2 because it will be tailed towards modern sensibilities.  I can't imagine that you'd personally enjoy the original version.

popcorn

I meant I'm wondering about trying the other RE7 DLCs, but yeah, I doubt I'd like any of the other pre-RE4 games either. Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm sort of interested in RE2 for historical reasons, but it's not on PS4 so can't be fucked.

popcorn

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 06, 2018, 01:52:44 PM
Actually, I thought that you'd find the player having to wait for the rocket launcher to drop to be bullshit, for some reason.

It's fine, because there's no cost. Any ammo you waste beforehand doesn't matter because it's the end of the game.

It's still not a very interesting boss fight, but that was inevitable, because it's not a game about combat. And yet they designed a final boss around combat, for some reason. At least it's laughably easy.