Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2016 #2

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 18, 2016, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Quote on June 27, 2016, 10:16:10 PM
Cowardly twat.

Giving a piss poor prepared statement and bailing out without even answering a single question. Did he just describe the last few years as "an amazing journey"?

Amazingly shit maybe.

If only people realised what he was before the tournament. Propped up by delusion and hope. A sad sack of a man.

Gulftastic

Ian Wright is only a set of comedy buck teeth away from being a 70's comedian playing a Japanese person.

RenegadeScrew

That was fabulous, utterly fabulous.

Rooney was beyond shocking, at least in the 2nd half.   Couldn't do anything.  Why was he playing in the midfield anyway?  He only looks like Gazza.

I always feel a bit sorry for the English players/non tories, because I like some of them - but the media is beyond a joke.  The only downside was I had to watch with French commentary for the last 10 minutes, and watched the rest on ESPN (which at least had an English commentator).  It would really have been an absolute delight to watch ITV, it might have actually pushed me over the edge.

The greeting at the end was pretty fake.  For some it was like a Christmas card (come early).

EEXIT

ROYXIT

ROONTIREMENT

BlodwynPig

Cameron and Hodgson in a week. The Scots will be partying long into the autumn

monkfromhavana

Why don't they just tell the fucking truth. Have some self re-cocking-spect.

monkfromhavana

I wonder how long Hart's Head & Shoulders "Cool under pressure" ad contract will last now?

dandoystevski

Cunt: "Who do you think, Peter, next boss? Gareth Southgate?"

Absolute cunt: "Err, I think... Err...*blows out his cheeks* what about a shoe?"

daf

Quote from: ersatz99 on June 27, 2016, 10:13:42 PM
Gary Neville

. . . you've torn your dress
. . . your team is a mess
. . . how could they know?
Hot tramp, I love you so!

thraxx

I particularly love the fact that our one goal came from Sterling weakly falling over in a totally undeserved penalty.

imitationleather

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 27, 2016, 10:19:04 PM
Why don't they just tell the fucking truth. Have some self re-cocking-spect.

Innit. To pretend that this is not one of the most embarrassing nights in England football history is just taking the piss out of the fans.

I gave up caring that much about the national team while I was a teenager but a few years back I'd be smashing glasses over this.

monkfromhavana

At least Gary Neville can go back to Sky and start telling people what they're doing wrong again.

imitationleather

Did it with dignity? No Glenn. Shut up you idiot.

Deanjam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 27, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
Cameron and Hodgson in a week. The Scots will be partying long into the autumn

And I can't enjoy either of them.

Deanjam

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 27, 2016, 10:23:39 PM
At least Gary Neville can go back to Sky and start telling people what they're doing wrong again.

And making weird cumming sounds.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: imitationleather on June 27, 2016, 10:22:11 PM
Innit. To pretend that this is not one of the most embarrassing nights in England football history is just taking the piss out of the fans.

I gave up caring that much about the national team while I was a teenager but a few years back I'd be smashing glasses over this.

Lay into the fuckers, lay into them, the FA, the Premier League, the media. Tell them all to go and Fuck themselves and give them some home truths, not half-arsed platitudes, excuses and bullshit.

"It's the long season"

Doesn't seem to have affected all the foreign players who play in the Premier League? Plus, you're always saying that English players don't get enough games and they're all being rested.

Defending Rooney. Why are these people so deluded. Don't they see what we see? Why?

"ABJECT"

Alright lads give that one a rest now.

dandoystevski

WHERE DO WE GO AGAIN LEE?

"I just can't stop thinking about the film SpaceJam"

Wrighty sums it all up.

daf

The gift that keeps on giving :
QuoteDanny Baker ‏@prodnose 16 minutes ago
All you mob who turned out for England tonight are a laughing stock. A low point in the game. Ridiculous clowns. Fuck off you worms.

14 minutes ago
Hodgson,. Quite right. You were no good mate. No good. Gave you a job and you fucked that right up. Why wouldn't you go? #Next

9 minutes ago
Hodgson going has not diminished my anger at his fucking useless teams performance against ICELAND. I'd still be heckling him if I was there

8 minutes ago
Did no one get into the England dressing room and say, "Look the old country is really in need of a boost right now?" #OverpaidPonces

5 minutes ago
Oh we are getting Glenn Hoddle's reaction now. Next up the reaction of a paving stone in Blackpool.

3 minutes ago
oh @itvfootball ! "Is the long PL season a factor?! "Fucking hell. They played Iceland not Argentina there you drips!

36 seconds ago
Peter Crouch: "We've got to take stock from this & move on" Fuck ITV! Is this how football coverage is just going to bumble on forever??

BlodwynPig

Just watching the Rooney penalty and loving the cliched response. Heart hands, skyward glance, white stripes chant of the fans. ha ha. retrospection is fun.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Quote on June 27, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
"I just can't stop thinking about the film SpaceJam"

Wrighty sums it all up.

Moment of the tournament.

phes

Entirely predictable result from a team managed by a man so arrogant that he took loser players evidenced to have been playing consistently garbage, left behind winner players who had played consistently well, benched players who had been playing consistently well, made 12 changes in two games to a team that already looked a touch lost, persisted with a tall striker taking terrible pieces, of which we must have wasted about 30 in three games (as Andros Townsend sits at home wanking and crying).

Doomed from the off by an idiot that couldn't see the flaming obvious building blocks of a team.

finnquark

Gotta be Harry Redknapp and Stuart Pearce as a madcap double act, no?

Squink

As shit as we were, I'm not sure that Andros Townsend would have turned us into world beaters.

Deanjam

Phil Neville and the ghost of Sir Alf Ramsey

slicesofjim

Quote from: Squink on June 27, 2016, 10:35:35 PM
As shit as we were, I'm not sure that Andros Townsend would have turned us into world beaters.

Iceland beaters would have been useful.

greenman

Quote from: imitationleather on June 27, 2016, 10:17:53 PM
It was an extremely cowardly exit. To even suggest his reign has seen improvement is a bare-faced lie. The guy should have at least apologised.

Although really for me most of Hodgsons problems are that he's a weak manager who lets the media pick his team for him so ultimately his failure is a reflection of there arrogance, ignorance and bias towards certain players/teams. I'm glad they didn't get more chance to try and disguise that reality.

A rather timely reflection of nationalistic arrogance run amok I would say.

slicesofjim

The one shining light of Hodgson's reign was that him being in position prevented Harry Redknapp from being England manager, which so annoyed the Fleet Street chumps.

slicesofjim

Gareth Southgate to blow the interview and be pipped to the job by a strutting Andi Moller.