Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Okay, really piss-poor claims to fame here, please.

Started by Deadman97, November 02, 2004, 09:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notlob

I saw John Stapleton on a train, with rather more white hair than in that infamous Morris clip, but otherwise essentially the same.

I think the above is the essence of the thread, eh? It's the crappiest claim to fame that any one's had the misfortune to be part of.

Purple Tentacle

I walked past Evan Davis in Soho the other day.

Why oh why oh why didn't I stop him and ask him to explain the rules of Dragon's Den to me, saying I still have difficulty understanding that the applicants must leave with the FULL AMOUNT, or else they get nothing?

Notlob

You should have asked him why they feel the need to recap every two seconds.

"Duncan Bannatyne has just breathed in, meaning he will eventually breathe out. But will the contestant pick up on this?"

rudi

Purple Tentacle

CaB Catchphrase #11: Thanks for pointing out what I was clearly implying etc.

neveragain

Did I mention that I was at the same secondary school as Cheryl Tweedy from popular pop band 'The Girls Are Allowed'? Because I really don't want to mention that, and she was a bloody awful bitch.

Gazeuse

Susanne Dando once sat on a sofa I use to sleep on.

jennifer

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I walked past Evan Davis in Soho the other day.

Why oh why oh why didn't I stop him and ask him to explain the rules of Dragon's Den to me, saying I still have difficulty understanding that the applicants must leave with the FULL AMOUNT, or else they get nothing?

hehe I read that as Evan Dando, but absorbed  the rest of the post normally. Having not seen Dragon's Den, I did wonder why the singer from the Lemonheads would know the rules to a british show about inventions (is it?) and not about heroin or shuffling about or other things he's presumably more into.

Plus seeing Evan Dando in soho would be quite cool, I  think.

On the piss-poor furniture anecdote front, "Booze for Baby" man once sat on a sofa I no longer own.

Brutus Beefcake

thepuffpastryhangman

I went to a cow pie party once - it was a Desperate Dan do.

Oscar

Ahem.
I used to work with the nephew of Samuel L. Jackson's cleaner. Apparently he doesn't trust white people much and won't allow them in his home.

Brutus Beefcake

Oscar

Sam.
You probably aren't so interested to know the personal traits and quirks of the cleaner or the nephew.

Glebe

I once kidnapped Stan Boardman  a la Rupert Pupkin.

Oscar

I think anything involving kidnap or murder with even a minor celebrity can not be considered a "piss poor claim to fame".
Perhaps you could start another thread entitled "Claims To Fame Entailing Murder and Mutilation."

Glebe

Mister Cairo

Three of my four flatmates can recite pi too over 30 decimal places, getting more excited as they do so.

Surely they will win a Blue Peter badge?

Purple Tentacle

Are they the ones that ironically leave REAL pie all over the kitchen floor?

Mister Cairo

Yes, and wear T-shirts saying "Math is Yummy."

Eat math then, not fucking pies!

Shoulders?-Stomach!