Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cynicism Test

Started by european son, February 16, 2004, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

from the BBC site. not done it myself yet.... probably all a load of bollocks most likely

over here

i answered honestly....

yeah fucking right!

Lt Plonker

I'm too much of a sweetie, and I need a healthy dose of sceptecism in my life. That's what the BBC say, anyway.

terminallyrelaxed

I got the same as you, and I was trying to be loose...

wasp_f15ting

Meh same as you lot, give me a reason to be optimistic and i'll fucking be that,
cunts.

Rev

Yep, same score again, despite being kind on some of the questions.  I suspect that it's just a ruse, and you always get the same result whatever you put in.  Call me cynical...

Vermschneid Mehearties

Most of the questions were politics-based, and I am mainly trusting of politicians, so I ended up with "Aren't you a sweetie."

No, it's just that I stopped being a chronically world-weary, whinging fuckwit 3 years ago.

dan dirty ape

Most of those questions are geared to make any non-idiotic person take the 'cynical' option anyway.

The Plaque Goblin

"Loosen up a bit"

What?? You wankers! Perhaps if you lot weren't so loose you wouldn't have gotten yourselves into the mess you are in at the moment!!!!

I'm more world weary than cynical.

The bit about laughing at children had me confused though!

Funky Gibbon

Quote from: "Nostalgia For Infinity"I'm more world weary than cynical.

The bit about laughing at children had me confused though!

Sounds like I got the same rating as you. How dare it tell me that laughing at children is not nice.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"Most of those questions are geared to make any non-idiotic person take the 'cynical' option anyway.

Yup. Someone I know had one of those women's magazines lying around the other day, and I decided to take the "Are you healthy?" quiz. I don't expect questions to be tailored perfectly for everyone but this was genuinely one of the posers on offer:

What do you anticipate will be your next meal?

A. A dry lettuce sandwich made with brown bread

B. A bowl of soup

C. Fish and chips from the local takeaway and a pot of Haagen-Dazs for afters

Erm...

Another which made me laugh was clearly aiming to judge how physically fit you were by asking how many diet videos you owned...

king mob

Top grade cynic from all accounts.

Johnny Yesno

I'm a second-rate cynic. Apparently, laughing at children isn't nice. I didn't. I said it was good to dream but get a good education too. Anyway, what's wrong with laughing at them - they're small and they don't know ANYTHING about 70s sitcoms. Durr!

the hum

Bah, another second-rate cynic here too.  I suddenly feel like I don't belong here. ; )